Jamayka

Custom Model Problem

8 posts in this topic

i have started learning how to rig models a little while ago and finally i got my exporter to work

until that it was all ok but i couldn't find a tut on how i convert it with asset manager so i started messing around and got it to convert but when i set my model in game wired things started to happen like the hand isn't holding the gun or the when i walk or crouch the model dont move and when i die the model stays standing

keep in mind this my first rigging attempt

mIjtnpU.jpg

sRoyJK3.jpg

i added my gdt file

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ek7ihy02bga21q2/hulk.gdt

first of all, this has nothing to do with rigging, nub modders just use that term because they dont know the difference :angryarnold:. the correct term is skinning

reasons that is happening:

• you did not skin the model properly, bind skin weights to bones/joints then use paint skin weights tool etc.
  • you did not export the skeleton WITH the geometry, select ALL the joints and ALL skinned geometry in Outliner and click the "set exports" button in model export window of the cod4 plugins
  • wrong type in asset manager, must be either "multiplayer" or "animated" (using this you need to specify bone controllers etc. by yourself) for multiplayer models
  • wrong joint/bone names, use the default rig somewhere in cod4\bin\maya folder

if you are using blender... gl :dumb:

Thanks for the help

I m using maya 2011 and i think ik what i did wrong i binded the bones and the mesh correctly but i exported it i had an error cuz i didnt set the env correctly and when i exported. Aging i think i deselected the joint i do it when i m back hom and. Btw when i compile in mp i get an error :deplicated bone pevlis or stg

well, you are using skeleton from an exported model which has the bone stabilizers asset manager should add already there...

export it as it is now, then convert with type "animated" should work, but most likely has problems due to the skeleton joints have been moved so much...

if it shows up incorrectly, use the COD_DefMesh.mb skeleton from cod4\bin\maya\rigs\character