Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BosnianArmy

Windows 10 problems dicussion with [FIXES]

19 posts in this topic

Hello there,

As most of us on this forums here already upgraded from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10, I bet there are already problems that we had or have still.

As for the problems that I or you have we need to know ur Windows 10 version so that we maybe can get more information.

Version Windows 10: home/ Pro/ Enterprise/ Education?

What BIT version: 32 OR 64 BIT ?

So I got Windows 10 Education version (the same as Enterprise but it's called Education.. for more info look here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/Compare

And my problem is that I have a problem with Gyazo and Google Chrome... that I can´t fix it by my self.

Google Chrome:

Once in a while when I start Google Chrome with the shortcut file on my desktop I get this error message ---> google chrome class not registered. So I searched on the net and I had to delete in registery 2 keys or I could make a new shortcut, tried both and worked for some time but it STILL comes back. I don't know how this happens but ok..

Gyazo:

Gyazo just tries to open with internet explorer when I make a screenshot lol, instead with Google Chrome. I get the following error ---> Cannot find the file iexplore.exe

Well since I disabled the fucking Internet Explorer since it's crap to use, I get this then and before that, Gyazo opened with Internet Explorer..

Google chrome problem. Does that error appear when you launch google chrome via desktop or does it happen no matter which way it launches? go to your google chrome install directory (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application ) and launch from there and let me know if it works or not.

Gyazo problem is probably because internet explorer is still set to your default browser most likely, type this into your ur (google chrome ofc) chrome://settings/ and set google chrome as your default browser

Google chrome problem. Does that error appear when you launch google chrome via desktop or does it happen no matter which way it launches? go to your google chrome install directory (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application ) and launch from there and let me know if it works or not.

Gyazo problem is probably because internet explorer is still set to your default browser most likely, type this into your ur (google chrome ofc) chrome://settings/ and set google chrome as your default browser

Only at desktop Lossy with Google Chrome. And at google chrome settings, it's already as default webbrowser.

Well since I disabled the fucking Internet Explorer since it's crap to use

You should NEVER uninstall Internet Explorer, NEVER. Quite a few Windows and .NET Framework components depend on IE Libraries to function correctly. Just ignore its existance and use something else.

Only at desktop Lossy with Google Chrome.

Tried reinstalling and/or resetting to defaults yet?

And at google chrome settings, it's already as default webbrowser.

Does it show Chrome as default in the Settings app (System -> Default apps)?

You should NEVER uninstall Internet Explorer, NEVER. Quite a few Windows and .NET Framework components depend on IE Libraries to function correctly. Just ignore its existance and use something else.

Tried reinstalling and/or resetting to defaults yet?

Tried unistalling Google Chrome and even removing the registery keys and in the Appdata sections folder removing the folders from Google Chrome to have a good reinstall but didn't worked as well.

If you mean in settings of Google chrome then yes, and also in Windows 10 there is a option for default Webbrowser and I set up it as Google Chrome.

No bosnian he means here

R7mps4m.png

btw, get sharex it's way better than gyazo

and also in Windows 10 there is a option for default Webbrowser and I set up it as Google Chrome.

I ment that Darmuh :P

I've put off upgrading just in case they royally screwed up. So how does everyone like it overall?

I've put off upgrading just in case they royally screwed up. So how does everyone like it overall?

there was a ram bug a week or so ago that they fixed. Bug lasted maybe 3-5 days and it was just that system was using loads of memory.

Other than that it's been wonderful

Well, you know. Other than corrupting my bios and making me replace the entire motherboard, not too bad.

I'm just thankful it didn't effect my hard drive.

Well, you know. Other than corrupting my bios and making me replace the entire motherboard, not too bad.

I'm just thankful it didn't effect my hard drive.

You did something to ur PC so your own fault lol, a windows cannot corrupt bios lmao except if you update your BIOS what is with risc and you don´t need to replace or motherboard, just search your type bios and switch it by soldering and voila it works again but of course a new motherboard is always better.

You did something to ur PC so your own fault lol, a windows cannot corrupt bios lmao except if you update your BIOS what is with risc and you don´t need to replace or motherboard, just search your type bios and switch it by soldering and voila it works again but of course a new motherboard is always better.

If by me doing something you mean clicking the update button and restarting my computer then sure.

Something went wrong with the bios as a result of win10 being installed, you can hardly say that's my fault.

BTW it's a laptop, not as simple as a desktop motherboard

Pretty sure laptops are prebuilt and sometimes made for certain OS's with preset bio's settings instead of default factory bio settings as if it was a new motherboard

Pretty sure laptops are prebuilt and sometimes made for certain OS's with preset bio's settings instead of default factory bio settings as if it was a new motherboard

Not sure, I know I'm not the only one who got this problem. There are few people who said the same thing happen to them, looked to be different laptops though.

Well it sounds like the BIOS isn't supported, not because something went wrong. Did you make sure windows 10 can support it?

Well it sounds like the BIOS isn't supported, not because something went wrong. Did you make sure windows 10 can support it?

Well, it said it was compatible with my computer.

Well, it said it was compatible with my computer.

Possible that your BIOS update was on and it tried to update when you changed the OS and it bricked itself. Otherwise i have no clue how windows 10 can cause a bios to corrupt and mess up your motherboard