Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Triton

Should we have a Combined Operations Mod Server?

Should we have a Combined Operations Mod Server?   16 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a Combined Operations Mod Server?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50 posts in this topic

Hello Raid Community Recently on ModDb theres this new mod Called: Call of Duty 4: Combined Operations, The main focus of Call of Duty: Combined Operations is to give players the possiblity of using all kinds of weapons from other Call of Duty titles including Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops 1, Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2.

Which In my opinion is a pretty good idea. Opinions on Whether or not Raid could Possibly Have one of these servers? 

(Here's a video showing off some of the features)

Mod Post :D http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-duty-combined-operations

EDIT: The Mod dev is cool with us having a sever :D, And he posted another video showing off some of the new guns https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm1lGyic3TM

I believe like Thomas said earlier in another post, the more servesr you have, the more spread out your population becomes, and the less populated each server is. I'd find it difficult to have Deathrun, Fun, CoDjumper AND this server all with a strong population. This community is currently really only consists of about 25-30 consistent returning players, the rest are all just randoms. However, the servers themselves have a lot more who are dedicated to that server only. While in the fun server, I do see the occasional !join deathrun and !join fun in the dr server, but it's not too often. Most players like to find a mod they enjoy and stick to it, instead of jumping between mods all over the place. Possibly in the near future, as the community grows more, throw up a server, but as of now, I just don't see Raid, even though it's servers are in the 95+ percentile, pulling enough players to fill up 3-4 servers. The only issue with mods like this is that it requires a CONSTANT amount of players. It requires at least a 3v3-4v4 to be fun. 1v1 and 2v2 on servers like this is somewhat enjoyable, but nowhere near the mod's full potential. It's the same issue I have while running a paintball server. It's no fun with only a few players. YOu need a constant population of about 5-6 players on at all times.

So for now, I'm going to refrain from voting.

Just a small note. When lossy makes the CJ Server that is going to attract a lot of attention from other CJ Players, And when he makes that the people from Deathrun might constantly stay on the CJ Server which could be bad for the DR Server

I respect your decision not too vote cat.

As cat said, there isn't enough server to keep a constant population like fun/dr, you guys will probably join it but after 2 weeks the server will most likely be empty. If you can prove me wrong that you can get enough people to support this mod, i'm more than happy to setup a server but I don't really want to waste time on a dead server.

The only reason I do think this could work out is because the mod itself is new and does not have 1K empty servers with it.

There's no reason we can't host a server for a few weeks to a month and see how it does. It costs us nothing, if people leave our other servers to play it that does not mean they'll never come back to the original server. I vote yes considering the only server on gametracker with combined operations running is some german server. And who knows, maybe I can talk iijeriichoii into trying it out ;)

Here's my reply from private area:

I would agree on this very strongly. Mods like OWF, Rotu, Galactic warfare, Rozo have all died out very fast and rapidly. I can now rarely find a good server that has any of those mods and a good amount of players. Although it looks amazing and good looking, It's probably not a good idea to have a server that will sustain a very stable and loyal group of players that will play it constantly even with pezbots. If they want to play it, we can host a server every once in a while if there is enough demand for it.

PS: !join deathrun doesn't work in the fun server due to menu restrictions.

I vote yes. As Darmuh said, let's try it for a few weeks to a month and see how it goes. 

I'd say yes too (Nobody cares but ye) because it's a really cool mod, so I'd say just do it and see after a few weeks if it was worth it :P

Definitely yes! Easter holidays coming soon so let's get this server asap ;)

About the population spread, I don't think it really would spread out. I don't usually see fun server players on the death run server. They both have different population of different mod interests.

Why not just give it a go :) ?

I voted no, because I dont like any CoD games that was made after cod4. I like new stuffs, but a new mod with custom maps and custom weaps, is not enough interesting to me.

I'm glad that you like the mod.

I'd love to see another server on an active community for CoD:CO. If you can get the mod to get popular, i might consider some surprises for you all. *Wink wink*

I'd also love to see the community on here react greatly on the mod. The mod is going greatly in 2.0 progress, and there's so much to be done still. 1.2 is a great mod overall (which has a public release on the Moddb page) but i assure you, 2.0 is gonna be ALOT better and much more customizable.

//Moka_Akashiya85 (Mod DEV)

Wait.. wat..

Hi!

I love the mod, even though I didn't even play it, alot. Great mod :) (Keep up the good work)

I'm glad that you like the mod.

I'd love to see another server on an active community for CoD:CO. If you can get the mod to get popular, i might consider some surprises for you all. *Wink wink*

I'd also love to see the community on here react greatly on the mod. The mod is going greatly in 2.0 progress, and there's so much to be done still. 1.2 is a great mod overall (which has a public release on the Moddb page) but i assure you, 2.0 is gonna be ALOT better and much more customizable.

So glad you found us, but how?

I play your mod with those perfectly made pezbots alone all the time already :P It's so good. 

So glad you found us, but how?

I play your mod with those perfectly made pezbots alone all the time already :P It's so good. 

I found you guys via Triton. I added him yesterday, we talked, and he offered to host a server for free.

And true, but the PeZBOTs are quite dumb sometimes.

Glad you love the mod btw! (And that goes to all of you guys!)

I really dislike mods such as these

Enjoy the original cod4 weapons

Anyways, its a yes from me

Like others have stated, won't cost anything and worse case is that nobody plays on it... or everyone from deathrun only plays on it D:

Good job on the mod Moka

Also, your avatar... Just nope, going to walk away now

Cat ears

Dog foot prints as background

The fact that it's an amine avatar from a mango or dudechinshi?

Anyways, being serious, nothing at all wrong with it.

Just made a side comment about it

Know a few people that get offended if others comment on their amine, sorry if that's what happened D:

Okay, keep the following in mind.

As said, i'm allowing the community to host a server, and i'll support it gladly.

HOWEVER

I will NOT support it if anybody offends me or anybody in ANY way.

I want to clarify that there are people out there that likes anime, MLP and more, (I'm not a big fan of MLP myself) and that i want the server to be on a community that just accepts that fact, and doesn't bash on them.

As I have said, wasn't being serious nor meant it directly as an insult

If you viewed it as such, I apologize and shouldn't have commented on it in the first place

Also, in my posts, never "bashed" on you or made rude remarks about anyone who enjoy amine

Raid is a great community that welcomes everyone, just has some people in it that makes mistake such as me

Again, I'm sorry if what I said offended you and had no intentions to insult you or anyone who enjoy that sort of subject

If i was to do setup the server what custom maps aren't playerable? I'd imagine stock maps won't work because of model limit.

For 1.0: All stock maps excluding District, Crossfire and Broadcast works fine. All the custom maps i include in the first "map pack" (Update 1.1) are fully playable both online and offline. (It has bot waypoints.) Custom maps should work, but they'd not be waypointed. (I accidentally forgot to activate the waypointing on Terminal [mp_mw2_term] btw.).

For 2.0: All the information is found on the Moddb page description at the bottom.

P.S: I sent a friend request on Steam. Accept it, and we can talk more.

Moka don't listen to Anti he is a Mac noob ;)

Not all Mac users are noobs.

I'm Mac and Windows user, I still use my mac for just general things (Like an object to rage, hit with a hammer or throw it out of the window (and pick it up after that))

XD

Not all Mac users are noobs.

I'm Mac and Windows user, I still use my mac for just general things (Like an object to rage, hit with a hammer or throw it out of the window (and pick it up after that))

XD

Why even have a mac?

I'd prefer something that works.

:P