Jamayka

mp_dr_poseidon

22 posts in this topic

this is Poseidon first map, a long 9 month project. The main characteristic is nature and his main target was details. he hope you enjoy the map and give a detailed feedback.

I'm sure he have fixed all the known bugs, but please report any if found.

Details

Project started at 1st January, 2015.

Map Name: mp_dr_poseidon

Traps: 12

Difficulty: Hard- Medium

File Size: 65.62 MB

Secrets: 5

Endrooms: 10

Time to finish: aproximately 90 seconds.

Screenshots : http://imgur.com/a/qvokJ#6

Download Link : http://www.moddb.com/mods/braxs-death-run-mod/addons/mp-dr-poseidon2

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r36uqz56nljjf5p/mp_dr_poseidon.rar

Hope you enjoy.

crap thats a very detailed feedback ahahha.

About the knife room its not a prefab and i tried my bests not to use prefabs or stock models, for example the torches are made by me on maya as well as other stuff. 

About the bugs i tried a lot to fight them i was testing for at least a month with other people so thats the best i could do. Its really hard to not have bugs in 3700 lines script pff.

No the big brush doesnt affect the size a lot only some bytes.

The lighting was a pain in the ass because of the thing that when someone joins sniper, weapon, grenade or dog the wall becomes glass so the others that are inside the end room can see others fighting on those rooms. i left a unit of distance between glass and wall cuz it bugs everything if you dont. that allows the light to pass through. 

I dont know where i ve done mistakes in english but yes its not my native language so there must be.

about the weapons on the secret #0, they are there so you can take them to enter the other secrets i just didnt find a way to make them have like 1-2 bullets.

about the transparent grass i dont know what you are talking about :P

Yes too much work on FX.

Time for secrets is measured and leads you to the spot that you would have done if you didnt go to the secret so its not skipping map. Its the faired i could do.

The script is not really editable if raid tries to decompile the .ff but if they want they can request an editable version on my skype. They ll see that in the gsc when they decompile the map anyway.

Dog room was kind of a rush yes but if you clibmed on the barrell thats something that makes it more interesting :P

The elevators were the worst thing i ever had to deal with. They were very very hard and buggy, i did my best to unbug them tho so you cant fall and stuff. The only way is running to the door while its closing or opening which is something i really couldnt do anything for.

Traps was something i had almost no inspiration pff but tried my bests to make them not predictable by jumpers and not so deadly to ruin the game.

Yes the wires were really hard that took me like 3 days. i was looking at the sky and feeling that something was missing so i added those.

As you saw by your self i did my bests to reduce the size. there are like 9 songs in there and plenty of custom textures and small sounds so expect it to be big.

i hope you saw the sparcles in the strategy room in the electro station xd no one will see them nvm.

About the acti side bugs.. thats what hapens when you are a jumper and try to do acti stuff :P . It all works fine if you are an activator.

The info for the secrets are given because i told people there are secrets and they didnt find one of them in a month of testing on my server.

The bounce room is kind of pro for 190 speed that you propably tried to do. I barrelly can do it. But with 200+ its totaly possible and pretty easy on 210.

Strategy sniper.. My prediction is that people will just bitching arround that they came first and someone else came to steal his their kill since this room is opened for more than one person due to its size. you can easily close it from my script tho i kept both scripts so you can decide if u like it or not.

I m glad you like the map and more glad that someone actually paid attention to the details cuz noone did till now.

In the info on the spawn it sais: "Did you guessed what my next map will be like?"

The mirrors edge logo tells a lot about it ;)

Thanks for responding :o

And yea I kinda feel dumb because the way I read the first post I didn't realise Jamayka didn't make it :P

Anyway, thanks for reading my feedback, I appreciate it and it's interesting to hear about what happened and the processes.

Your map has a lot more than just any old map, there's so much to find and that's why I gave so much feedback opposed to a regular shitty map.

Thanks ^.^

My target was to make it hard to get bored of it, i tried to use as many random stuff i could

deathrun needs more mappers like you 

deathrun needs more mappers like you 

I couldn't agree more.

This map looks fantastic.

If your goal as a mapper is to not make deathrun boring then sure as hell I will play your map ;)

could you reduce the amount of menus and image assets this map uses?

about the menus heh ik i use a lot, about the images no brother i use like 10 max its not much. Does it crash in your mod?

The map is already used by other servers so i think creating a special version for you guys is kinda a bad idea, it will cause conficts of downloads. Maybe i can do something on the next version *the winter version* i can surely decrease the ammount of menufiles by 3 and images by 2 or 3 if it makes the trick

Edit: Jamayka just told me i can name it something else like mp_dr_poseidon_raid. Tell me if you really want the map because it ll be some pretty much work to reduce the images and menus. Also tell me the exact number of images and menus i should reduce if you can.

It causes a menu crash limit and it uses like 1k material and image assets compared to a normal map that uses like 300

I can fix the menu limit your side, it's because CoD4 menu limit is 32 and the mod uses like ~30(can't remember exact number) and you have 8 menus which can all put into 1 and use dvars to control which menu displays.

Also i'm not sure why your map is using over 1k image/material assets for little amount of textures so you could you possibly see what's up with that and try to reduce it?

P.S this map could crash future dr mod edits and it currently crashes pxg and VC mod (from what i can test with the menu limit).

I'd prefer if you can fix it for everyone instead of making multiple versions.

2 of the menus already use dvars but there are 4 other older ones that i made at the begin of the project and forgot to make them as dvars too.

About the images what you mean, whats that 1k? and can that cause errors?

And are we ok with 2 menufiles?

CoD4 has a image/material limit of 2400. The mod itself uses like 1400 and maps adds like 300-700 to it but some reason your map is using over 1k (can't get exact amount atm).

2 menu's should be fine.

okay thanks for reporting that i ll do my bests to make it ideal for every server :)

edit: can it be high resolution images? there are some zombie xmodels that use high res images :P or is it just about the number of images ( i use 23 with 8.41mb size ) Also i use many many fx i dont know if that makes any difference on that

I'm not sure 100% sure but i believe anything in the .csv file that uses the "material" prefix counts as a image/material and models can take a large portion of it.

maybe @BraXi can answer it properly since he's been doing it years before i started :P