Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Moseph

Call of Duty 4: FPS Configs

18 posts in this topic

So, before I start I would like to state that this Topic isn't just for my benefit but for YOURS too.

Here are my PC statistics:

Intel® Core i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz

4GB of RAM

64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor

Now I know that this Is a REALLY old computer and that I should get a new one.

So to the point, are there any Configs out there that you use to boost performance for Call of Duty 4 or any that you know of?

One of the main ones is yitch3 but I can never seem to get it to at least 125 fps on detailed maps like "Crash". Maybe it's not possible and I have to put up with what I have?

Let me know below

- Mo:)

(Rhyme intended)

640x480

everything off/lowest quality

:kingdave:

thats how i roll on my gtx 770 :kingdave:

My laptop has 1.9 GHz, even lower than yours, same RAM, I have a very good fps with yitch3 tho :O

Use the CFG file named Yitch3. This file contains edited things to maximize your FPS performance in-game. I don't know which GPU you got but it would be handy as well to see which you got.

Also you got a Laptop not a Computer ;)

Anyways, here's the original YITCH3 link, http://bashandslash.com/images/stories/cod4/tweaks/yitch3.cfg

Copy that and paste that in your players cfg file, open notepad or install notepad++ to have a better view.

*EDIT

Read too fast and didn't see he is using Yitch3. Anyways, which GPU do you have ?

Use the CFG file named Yitch3. This file contains edited things to maximize your FPS performance in-game. I don't know which GPU you got but it would be handy as well to see which you got.

Also you got a Laptop not a Computer ;)

Anyways, here's the original YITCH3 link, http://bashandslash.com/images/stories/cod4/tweaks/yitch3.cfg

Copy that and paste that in your players cfg file, open notepad or install notepad++ to have a better view.

Bosnian I don't like giving out downvotes but mo says he uses yitch3 and what cpu he has.. not cool.

edit- realised you put gpu lel

Bosnian I don't like giving out downvotes but mo says he uses yitch3 and what cpu he has.. not cool.

Oops.. read too fast..

Edited the post.

Seeing as it's a HP Pavillion G6 It doesn't support a seperate graphics card. It runs off Intel HD Family Graphics. I have also tried overclocking it, however programs like MSI Afterburner can't overclock such a shitty thing.

Seeing as it's a HP Pavillion G6 It doesn't support a seperate graphics card. It runs off Intel HD Family Graphics. I have also tried overclocking it, however programs like MSI Afterburner can't overclock such a shitty thing.

I did a little research for your laptop but I had first to find it by my self since you didn't gave me the exact Laptop type but I found it :dave:

Anyways, your GPU is Intel HD Graphics 4000, this is not a bad GPU for a standard intergrated GPU, I got by my self a Intel HD 3000 on a i7-2630QM cpu and it can run on 125 FPS on some maps. And my friends older laptop hald also a Intel HD 3500 I believe or a 4000 version but he had a Intel Core i5 third generation CPU and he could run 125 fps on the most maps but on the lowest settings.

So when I started to think about my and my friends GPU it comes out that the main problem is your CPU, the Intel Core i3-2330M. Why that problem is, is because this CPU isn't ment for gaming, it's ment for a strong administration CPU (Think about Office) and normal school/job work. But I find it also weird that this CPU got Intel HD 4000 instead Intel HD 3000 version what the most websites give, find your laptop at amazon and it gives Intel HD 4000 as you said as well http://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-Pavilion-g6-2022sa-i3-2330M-Processor/dp/B007RD3CE4

Maybe the Intel HD 4000 is too strong for the second generation i3 CPU ? or maybe not, maybe try to install the latest drivers for the GPU. Since it's a Intel based laptop, you can download the Intel® Driver Update Utility, this tool will search automaticly drivers for your device: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Maybe I am wrong what I said all of this or maybe I am right, maybe it's more a Operating System problem or something else, we will see.

Lower all settings, turn off your anti-virus for cod4 related things, any processes e.g. skype running, turn them off.

Go on cfgfactory.com and type in 'fps config' or something similar, they will have the best ones for you :)

I used an fps config and got steady 125fps on any map with my old shitter PC a few years back.

Lower all settings, turn off your anti-virus for cod4 related things, any processes e.g. skype running, turn them off.

Go on cfgfactory.com and type in 'fps config' or something similar, they will have the best ones for you :)

I used an fps config and got steady 125fps on any map with my old shitter PC a few years back.

But he uses Yitch3, that brings the settings even more below then with the standard low settings and all other fps configs.

I did a little research for your laptop but I had first to find it by my self since you didn't gave me the exact Laptop type but I found it :dave:

Anyways, your GPU is Intel HD Graphics 4000

http://ark.intel.com/products/53434/Intel-Core-i3-2330M-Processor-3M-Cache-2_20-GHz

Processor Graphics  Intel® HD Graphics 3000

:kingdave:  :kingdave:  :kingdave:  :kingdave:  :kingdave:  :kingdave:  :kingdave:  :kingdave:  :kingdave:

how the fuck did you do your "research"????? :dumb:

> I find it also weird that this CPU got Intel HD 4000 instead Intel HD 3000 version what the most websites give

what if.... WHAT IF....

WHAT IF THE "MOST" OF THE WEBSITES ARE CORRECT INSTEAD OF AMAZON?!!?!??! :ANGRYARNOLD:

ONE CAN NOT BE SO IGNORANT!!! :ANGRYARNOLD: AAAARRGHHHH!!!! 

My apologies, I have a Intel® HD Graphics 3000. I looked at the Chip Driver which is Intel® HD Family Graphics.

Your  CPU is fine problem is your GPU. (keep in mind cod4 runs well on pentium4 1x3.2ghz, Athlon 64 3200 1x2ghz, and earliest C2D 2x1.66ghz and they're decade old single/dual core CPUs).

Anyways, your GPU is Intel HD Graphics 4000, this is not a bad GPU for a standard intergrated GPU

No it's not, I did close to no research and it's the shitty Intel HD3000. :facepalm:

http://ark.intel.com/pl/products/53434/Intel-Core-i3-2330M-Processor-3M-Cache-2_20-GHz

bosnian and his *research*... :dumb:

@op, anyway here's the TL;DR version: this laptop won't handle cod4 at decent framerates

edit: oh crap, bosnians lack of trustworthy research has been pointed out earlier :dave:

edit: oh crap, bosnians lack of trustworthy research has been pointed out earlier :dave:

:no:

Not my fault that he said Intel HD 4000 :rage: I don't know what he exactly got and what not.. I can look at internet but as you see, Amazon and maybe even some other sites might gave Intel HD 4000 :dave:

Anyways, it's the GPU yes.

Not my fault that he said Intel HD 4000 :rage: I don't know what he exactly got and what not.. I can look at internet but as you see, Amazon and maybe even some other sites might gave Intel HD 4000 :dave:

At what point did I say Intel HD 4000?

At what point did I say Intel HD 4000?

Oops.. I ment Intel HD Family Graphics... it's morning here :dave:

thats why you should check specs in first hand source such as intel.com :dave: