Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shield

Set Fps Viewer if they come into secret

19 posts in this topic

Hey all,

at my current map which is in wip, i want that every jumper who come into secret, get display his fps (command in console for it is cg_drawfps1).

How to do it ? Must i set a new dvar ?

My script for it is :

thread viewer();

viewer()
{
trig = getEnt ("wait","targetname");
trig waittill ("trigger",who);
who setDvar ("cg_drawfps1");
}

but it dont works..

how to get it work ?

Hope for help.

Shield

Why would you force that on someone? Pretty sure most deathrun players have /cg_drawfps 1 anyway and some players might use some other software to display their fps and dont want /cg_drawfps on

I want to enable it that everyone can see his fps. I have heard that alot players which i known havent enabled it. So i want to enable it for the secret that they can see what fps they have and which fps they need. I will place their brushes where the fps which the player need is.

I may not be knowledgeable enough to know this but surely you'd need to toggle it off once they leave the secret? Since its served it's purpose and if the player didn't have it on in the first place, I'm sure he'd want it off again :P

Yes sure you are right, after they finished  the secret the drawfps will set to 0. so i will take at end a other trigger to set it off.

I have heard that alot players which i known havent enabled it. 

Just tell them to enable it?

If they dont even have it enabled they probably dont even know how to switch fps, so they wont be able to do the 'secret' anyway

For the players which dont know the command. They dont need to ask after it, this command will enbale if they touched the trigger, and if they change the fps, they can see the fps which they have. And disable if the secret if finished

Bec. i seen alot players which asked what fps i have now? I changed it to 250 or 125, 333..

The reason was they didnt know how to enable it

I want to do it easier for this players. That they can see it.

*Sighs* you're really not getting the point, are you?.. If someone has cg_drawfps on 0, they're probably not going to know how to fps switch anyways.

Anyone who knows how to fps switch will already have cg_drawfps on 1.

Imo this seems pointless.

If you disable cg_drawfps at the end of the secret, most players ain't gonna be happy when their fps counter suddenly vanishes.

-Speedex

1) Use hud elements or Menu files to draw stuff on the screen.

2) NEVER force ANY sort of clientside dvar that wouldn't reset to its ORIGINAL value on anyone, people will hate you for fucking with their configs.

3) You're using the incorrect function to set a clientside dvar and are supplying insufficient arguments to it as well as a non-existant dvar name ("cg_drawfps1" is not a valid dvar, it's "cg_drawfps").

Is suggest looking into how a function works before trying to use it.

If you disable cg_drawfps at the end of the secret, most players ain't gonna be happy when their fps counter suddenly vanishes.

-Speedex

Nowhere in his script does it say it's going to disable the fps counter ;_;

@ it is the begin of the script where i only forgot it.

If some players which have enabled the fps counter, and after ending secret the fps counter get disabled than it isnt that good. You are right.

Maybe i will just make a trigger at the start of secret which take the drawfps to 1 at palyers which havent enabled it

So i must seams like this:

thread viewer();

viewer()
{
trig = getEnt ("wait","targetname");
for(;;)
{
trig waittill ("trigger",who);
who setDvar ("cg_drawfps", 1 );
}
}

There no point, if players don't know how to enable fps counter then they won't know how to switch fps.

Yes sure you are right, after they finished  the secret the drawfps will set to 0. so i will take at end a other trigger to set it off.

, learn to read all posts

Why would you make a trigger script for a better FPS? When you have the FPS plugin for the server it self and players can control it by them selves if they want it to be enabled or not.

bosnian, pls just shut up for once

Damnit, didn't read again properly.. I guess I'm tired lately.

There no point, if players don't know how to enable fps counter then they won't know how to switch fps.

I said this exactly, yet I was downvoted..

*sighs again*

Why would you make a trigger script for a better FPS? When you have the FPS plugin for the server it self and players can control it by them selves if they want it to be enabled or not.

Really Bosnian?

@@Lossy : I have seen some dr players which know how to change the fps, but dont know how to enable the fps counter. And for this people that they know how much fps they have/using now its much better. So my Idea was to enable the drawfps to 1 for this "sort"of deathrunners.