Moka_Akashiya85

Call of Duty: Combined Operations competition (Hosted by the DEV himself!)

30 posts in this topic

Alright, i'll be quick.

As you all might already know, i'm one of the devs for the CoD4 mod "Call of Duty: Combined Operations".

Now version 1.0 is available for public download on our Moddb page plus 2 updates for it. However, that's not what this is about.

I'm actually going to host my first ever community specific challenge. I'll be posting different things you can do, and the prize? Oh, the thing you get, is access to the closed beta server of 2.0. All of the  challenges will get you access to the 2.0 closed beta server. Just remember to ONLY participate on ONE challenge.

Challenge #1

Tell me what your favorite gun, map, or killstreak you like the most that is either featured in Combined Operations 1.0-1.2 or will be featured in 2.0. (Official list is on our Moddb page.)

Challenge #2

Tell me why you'd like to participate in the 2.0 closed beta.

Challenge #3 (THIS HAS FINISHED. DO NOT PARTICIPATE.)

Here's a choosing. This one is a "first to grab". Which of the five listed guns below, is my personal favorite in Combined Operations 2.0?

A: Vector CRB (SMG)

B: SC-2010 (AR)

C: L118A (SR)

D: MP412 (PIS.)

E: Crossbow (SPECIAL)

Challenge #4 (THIS HAS FINISHED. DO NOT PARTICIPATE.)

This one is a "first to grab". Which of the five listed maps below, is my personal favorite from Combined Operations 1.1?

A: Terminal (mp_mw2_term)

B: Sub Base (mp_sbase)

C: Nuketown (mp_nuketown)

D: Carentan (mp_ctan)

E: Skidrow (mp_skidrow)

There's all the challenges. Please tell me which challenge you will participate in and then tell me your answer. Somewhat like this:

"I'll participate in challenge 4.

[Answer]".

For the first 2 challenges, i'll pick a random person. I'll message them via PM.

Also, if possible, i'd love to voicechat with the winners. I suspect you all have microphones. I mostly use Skype, so if you have that aswell, that'd be VERY perfect.

The challenges end at the end of "2014-04-03" (April the 3rd). Challenge 3+4 will end as soon as someone answers correctly.

Note also that i'm not always online on this community. I might take awhile before i'll notice or even check here, but i promise i'll check a little now and then.

Also, what do the winners get, except for a closed beta invite? Well, they'll get:

1. Closed Beta invite.

2. Closed Beta updates.

3. A tour guide over all the stuff. If the user has never played CO before, i'll guide through the stock weapons aswell as the new ones.

4. Possibility to ask any question they have regarding anything CO related, or related to me. I'll not go too detailed into my life if questions regarding it pops up.

5. Open Beta instant invite. I'll at once leave a message as soon as the files are available, before the server is even switched to Open. This means that they can pre-download the files directly before the server even starts to accept players!

Any questions can be asked down below. I might not answer them today, but i WILL answer whenever possible, i promise.

Take care, and have fun!

//Moka_Akashiya85 (CoD: Combined Operations Developer)

Link to Moddb page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-duty-combined-operations

I'll participate in challenge 3.

C. L118A

is a great and fun to use sniper rifle in the mod. It's sound effects and animation really resemble MW3 original weapon very well. Also, being the most popular isnipe rifle, it's good for quickscoping ;)

Definitely an attraction for the mod.

I'll participate in challenge 3.

C. L118A

is a great and fun to use sniper rifle in the mod. It's sound effects and animation really resemble MW3 original weapon very well. Also, being the most popular isnipe rifle, it's good for quickscoping ;)

Definitely an attraction for the mod.

Yeah, i agree that the L118A is a great sniper rifle! But i do prefer the MSR in CO in all honesty. Though i love the L118A looks alot more c:

Quennch pls, MSR > L118A

Looks, no. Power, hell yes.

I'll participate in Challenge #2. 

I would LOVE to take part in a closed beta because this mod literally is the BEST mod i've have seen in quite a while. The looks of it are amazing, and what better way is there to spice up a dying game (CoD4) then bring the other Call of Duty's into it. The guns, ported maps, Killstreaks, are AMAZING. I would love to help test out the mod, and see it's growth in updates, and popularity.

I will participate in challenge 2: This mod looks stunning, and without a doubt will bring in a ton of people back to cod 4 just to play this mod!  I will also make Youtube videos on the mod, and i will play regularly letting you know all the bugs to fix, and offering improvements.

I'll take a stab at challenge #4. 

Your favorite map is....Carentan? mp_ctan! It's the only map that stands out from the rest, even though all 5 are good maps, ctan seems to be a little out from the rest, so I hope I win! :3

I'll take a stab at challenge #4. 

Your favorite map is....Carentan? mp_ctan! It's the only map that stands out from the rest, even though all 5 are good maps, ctan seems to be a little out from the rest, so I hope I win! :3

I would really prefer terminal or sbase.

@Darmuh

I like L118A for its looks and sexy feel (my opinion) ;P

Challenge one:

The maniac juggernaut killstreak (Didn't see the killsteaks in link provided, but remember them from the previous link that was in Triton's thread)

Surprised that you guys were able to port that... It's also my favorite (and only) killstreak from ghosts

Like the fact that health can't be regenerated

Remembered being able to knife only for the whole match with it and not dying once because I can just sit behind cover and regenerate all my health back

Pretty good nerf that makes it more fair for players with horrid aim to avoid dying from knife only veterans like me ;)

Not sure if it was possible to add the feature of being killed if knifed in the back while the killstreak is active, but regardless, seems almost identical to the Ghosts one

Anyways, in the un-likely even I get picked, would like to give the prize I've received to someone of my choice (Since I can't actually play the mod)

I'll participate in Challenge #1. 

The Overall mod is just amazing, Ranging from the maps, Guns to Killstreaks even

You have done a tremendous job on the guns. The animations have been exported just astonishingly and this makes you feel like you are actually playing the game which the guns from :D

The maps... Skidrow in particular has AMAZING detail (Aswell as SubBase & Summit), They are just polished to the max. GG!

Killstreaks, From the mod post it seems that you have outdone yourself with the KillStreaks in 1.2, The Killsteak im looking forward to the most is the Predator Missile And the Reaper :3

Amazing, Good Look with adding new stuff in the next version 

:)

Challenge 2: BECUS DIS MOD IS THE MOST BADASS MOD OF THE YEAR! i love it.

Challenge 2:

I'd like to participate because so far I have seen a lot of great things about 2.0, so I'd like to have a sorta early access. I love cats.

I thought it's going to be a challenge (making map, fixing bugs, etc), not a pool where you have to answer a questions... Well.... I've done mapping competition once.... it was awful.

I thought it's going to be a challenge (making map, fixing bugs, etc), not a pool where you have to answer a questions... Well.... I've done mapping competition once.... it was awful.

Hahahahahh Oh.. My.. God..

My map was by far the best map.

Nah, I'm joking. The map sucked dick. I was still acting like a 5y/o kid by then.

FINALLY BraXi speaks to her people again after being afk...

HER people!

She has never been afk, she just lurk the forums or forgets her password to login :P

I was still acting like a 5y/o kid by then.

Nothing changed since then, or maybe just a little, happy 6th birthday btw :troll:

Nothing changed since then, or maybe just a little, happy 6th birthday btw :troll:

Herp

Thank you :D