Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sentrex

Time Format

13 posts in this topic

When someone posts it provides the time the posted at the top. When it's in the afternoon it says (e.g.) 06.15pm for quarter past six.

Should either be 18.15 or 6.15pm

bumpy bump

I am not too sure on what you are getting at. What do you think is wrong?

I am not too sure on what you are getting at. What do you think is wrong?

He doesn't like that there is a leading 0. When it's 17:15, it says 05:15. He thinks it should simply say 5:15.

It's irrelevant.

not really a bug IMO, i see it on clocks in IRL.

Well, it's a bug, I reported it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Explain how it's a bug? :L

It's just personal preference tbh, neither of the formats are wrong.

Explain how it's a bug? :L

It's just personal preference tbh, neither of the formats are wrong.

Well, it's a bug, I reported it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have to agree with you here. This is not a bug. Its just how time formatting works. If you would like to know more about php dates then check it out here

There's no need to have a 0 in front of the time when you're stating whether it's AM or PM, looks wrong to me.

According to the link you provided above, could you not simple change the 'h' to a 'g'? Doesn't appear as though there is a 'standard' time format for PHP.

There's no need to have a 0 in front of the time when you're stating whether it's AM or PM, looks wrong to me.

According to the link you provided above, could you not simple change the 'h' to a 'g'? Doesn't appear as though there is a 'standard' time format for PHP.

I am glad you where able to understand it. The php documentation is a lot of long words and normally not helpful :P 

Yeah, I could change it but IPB ( the forum system we use ) is not quite so simple. I would need to go through the entire source code and find what controls the date. I would then need to find out what the framework uses to reference the backend to find out what I would need to look for and change / modify to make it not do what it is doing. I agree that it is pointless though. I might see what I can do. I have a new update for raid soon so I will see if I can change it for then. :) 

I am glad you where able to understand it. The php documentation is a lot of long words and normally not helpful :P 

Yeah, I could change it but IPB ( the forum system we use ) is not quite so simple. I would need to go through the entire source code and find what controls the date. I would then need to find out what the framework uses to reference the backend to find out what I would need to look for and change / modify to make it not do what it is doing. I agree that it is pointless though. I might see what I can do. I have a new update for raid soon so I will see if I can change it for then. :)

Ah I see, thanks for explaining.

TEIw6zp.png

TEIw6zp.png

Thanks for that. I thought IPB would support it. I just never went and looked. I have modified the settings :)