Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sentrex

[WIP] mp_dr_highschool (name will be changed)

61 posts in this topic

Very close to finishing, can anyone think of a better more suitable name?

Very close to finishing, can anyone think of a better more suitable name?

names are hard

I got it! mp_deathrun_twitchv2 :troll:

Can you upload a album of images to imgur, looking at an old video won't help

Yeah, also, if you could, before releasing, try replacing some overused traps, and thinking of creative ones to go with the map if there are any overused ones. I got some ideas if you'd like c:

I'll do that later today Lossy, probably just record another vid.

& I'm all ears Zack! My xfire is sentrexdr if you'd prefer to talk there

Alright man, i'll add you when I get home, at school at the moment. :dave: Any way you could add an updated video?

You should make it darker on the outside and make it rain like on destroyed, will look so much better and possibly make the orange a bit darker on the lava, you should add wholes in the wall where the laser can go/goes.

Also make the detonated hud smaller and move it to the right hand side of the screen possible in between the lagometer bar and the timer.

The only thing i can really thing that needs fixing is the lighting, just looks weird on your map like saw.

But really hard to give your map a name because if i'm honest D:

You should make it darker on the outside and make it rain like on destroyed, will look so much better and possibly make the orange a bit darker on the lava, you should add wholes in the wall where the laser can go/goes.

Also make the detonated hud smaller and move it to the right hand side of the screen possible in between the lagometer bar and the timer.

The only thing i can really thing that needs fixing is the lighting, just looks weird on your map like saw.

But really hard to give your map a name because if i'm honest D:

Thanks for the suggestions. Could you elaborate on the lighting, what kind of weird and how it should be changed? I don't see it!

Thanks for the suggestions. Could you elaborate on the lighting, what kind of weird and how it should be changed? I don't see it!

Well at the moment it just looks like you slapped down random 200/400 radius lighting on the map, as long as it brightens the area.

Get rid of those screen messages about the center and away from the center, it's too obvious

Lasers waaay too thick

Sureley you could find something better than mini helicopters for trap triggers?

Other than that, good job, looks really cool

I really like this map. I suggest making the lasers a bit thinner like cuba said.

Maybe try an effect rather than lasers. They would be much more unique that way, but also much more difficult to make. Still, it's possible and would look nicer.

Maybe try an effect rather than lasers. They would be much more unique that way, but also much more difficult to make. Still, it's possible and would look nicer.

I've made the effect but I'm not really sure on how to put it on the map so it can move :/ I've got it playing but when I move the origin the effect stays in the same place. Any idea how to do it?

Did you link it to self.origin?

fx()
{
    trig = getEnt ("trigger_fx" , "targetname");
    trig waittill("trigger", player);
    iprintlnbold ("sentrex is nublet"); 
    while(isAlive(self))
    {
        playFx( level.fx , self.origin );
        wait .1;
    }
}

I tried helping Gabe with this earlier.. Not sure if it will work try testing it

It isn't linked to the player until the traps is activated. I was wondering how to make the effect link to a moving script_origin.

Also I think it may be possible to do LinkTo( player )? That worked when it was a brush not an effect

I'm confused what you're trying to do, are you trying to make the laser fx link to the player?

Well yes, but how the trap works is so it's always actied and just randomly travels across the room (don't know how to make the fx move by itself) and then when the Activator activated it's it gets linked to him so he can run around and try to catch the players himself (I think I know how to do this part).