Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PC.

PC Build help

37 posts in this topic

Get an nvidia card because settling for cheaper cards will end up costing you more later. Make sure you have 2GB VRAM at minimum.

Modular vs Non Modular PSUS is up to you. Modular is nice because less worries about cable management but you can easily tuck the extra chords you dont need in an area not being used (like unused hard drive bays).

Motherboards don't matter much as long as they have slots for your ram (8gb recommended) as well as your processor of choice, etc.

Everyone's debating stupid shit. PC is asking for specific help on a build that can fit his budget. Don't be suggesting part exchanges that would cost him another $100-200.

IMO, AMD VS Nvidia is a stupid debate, and both are just fine cards. From benchmarks and personal experience, Nvidia makes higher end cards, and AMD makes medium-high range cards for a cheaper price. They're near par on with each other, and they both are just as good.

Gabe, modular PSU's dont matter at all. They're just more expensive. Also, you have a modular PSU and your cable management is god awful. String the excess wires BEHIND the mobo, onto the other side of the case. That way, only the wire you need is showing. Reference my post in the computer specs thread, the cable management is better than average, but the wires are all colored so it looks like there is a ton. If they were black cables, you'd hardly tell. Anyways, I tucked the extra PSU cables into my excess HDD Drive Bays, so those get tucked away. Modular is just a waste of money imo, really not worth all the extra money. 

Also Gabe, he's trying to stay UNDER $600, and the PSU's you're giving him are $30-40 more, while he's already near his budget limit. 

my pro wireing skillz!!!

1htxl1J.jpg

EWWWW is that the stock intel cpu cooler I see?

since we are already on the topic of PC builds. And i myself obviously know nothing about product compatability. Would anyone happen to know if this build

http://gyazo.com/49c020ffdf7a6c62751d92ea78fea733

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD A10-5700 88 °C
Trinity 32nm Technology
RAM
10.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-12-28)
Motherboard
MSI 2AE0 (P0)
Graphics
Acer X223W (1680x1050@60Hz)
512MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7660D (HP) 33 °C
Storage
1863GB Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 SATA Disk Device (SATA) 33 °C
Optical Drives
hp CDDVDW SH-216ALN SATA CdRom Device
Audio
Bluetooth Hands-free Audio

would support this CPU 

AND this Graphics card 

just wondering if it is possible to swap my cpu and graphics card on my HP

CPU will not work with that type of motherboard.

Video card wiil work, but may not be able to fit inside/needs proper cooling as well.

What thomas said. Your motherboard is for an AMD CPU with an FM2 socket type. Your current CPU has the FM2 socket, so it's compatible. The CPU you want to get, is an Intel processor with a socket of LGA 1155, the most popular socket out of the 3rd generation intel processors, AKA Ivy Bridge series processors. To be compatible, you need a motherboard WITH that LGA 1155 socket. And to upgrade your mobo, your RAM may not be compatible, you'd need to buy a new cooler(unless you're using the stock one that comes with your new CPU, or your current one fits multiple CPU's). Also, with a new GPU, odds are you would need to upgrade your power supply as well. Most computers nowadays only come with 150-200W power supplies, and SEVERELY under power their builds, so the GPU never has the chance to work as well as it can. Just ask Poot, I advised him to upgrade, he did, and he was able to run most games, whereas before he could hardly run any, since he finally had a GPU that was powered properly. Grez, if I were you, I'd just invest in a new build instead. Your motherboard is old, your CPU heatsink/fan I doubt even work anymore(Fairly cheap fix, but oh well), your CPU is dying, your GPU is integrated into your CPU, and you're not getting very good performance at all if you had an external card. However, you may not be able to afford a new PC, so I'd recommend a new GPU + PSU, should bring another few years into your computer. However, if you do upgrade, invest in a new cooling system. ;__;

What thomas said. Your motherboard is for an AMD CPU with an FM2 socket type. Your current CPU has the FM2 socket, so it's compatible. The CPU you want to get, is an Intel processor with a socket of LGA 1155, the most popular socket out of the 3rd generation intel processors, AKA Ivy Bridge series processors. To be compatible, you need a motherboard WITH that LGA 1155 socket. And to upgrade your mobo, your RAM may not be compatible, you'd need to buy a new cooler(unless you're using the stock one that comes with your new CPU, or your current one fits multiple CPU's). Also, with a new GPU, odds are you would need to upgrade your power supply as well. Most computers nowadays only come with 150-200W power supplies, and SEVERELY under power their builds, so the GPU never has the chance to work as well as it can. Just ask Poot, I advised him to upgrade, he did, and he was able to run most games, whereas before he could hardly run any, since he finally had a GPU that was powered properly. Grez, if I were you, I'd just invest in a new build instead. Your motherboard is old, your CPU heatsink/fan I doubt even work anymore(Fairly cheap fix, but oh well), your CPU is dying, your GPU is integrated into your CPU, and you're not getting very good performance at all if you had an external card. However, you may not be able to afford a new PC, so I'd recommend a new GPU + PSU, should bring another few years into your computer. However, if you do upgrade, invest in a new cooling system. ;__;

cat stop writing too long bruh

Orrrr you can learn to read faster? :3

Orrrr you can learn to read faster? :3

First he needs to learn to read m8

Gosh you're so insensitive!

First he needs to learn to read m8

Gosh you're so insensitive!

oi m8 wot are u trying to say? i swear on me mum il wrek u