Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MiKeY

For the old theme users

17 posts in this topic

Hello and welcome, 

This only applies to you if you are using raids old theme. Raid Gaming will be undergoing some major and minor improvements over the next upcoming weeks and months. As most of you know I am always working on improvements for the site design and other related things to give the site either more functionality or a better look. 

Now I do not want to say that I have not been maintaining our old theme but... Well, I have not touched it in around 4 months and the only thing I had done to it was to make it slightly support the new group icons. This is partly down to that all my effort has been put into working on new things for Raid or to maintaining and upgrading the new theme. It is also partly down to how little I like the old theme. 

Because Raids forums system will be getting upgraded / changed / improved / a general facelift it will come down to that if I was to keep the old theme I would have to physically remake it for the upgrade. Now I do not want to upset the 90+ of you that use the old theme but at the same time I do not want to spend 3 weeks remaking the old theme for the 90+ of you. So because of this I want your feedback on what you like about the new theme and what you dislike about the new theme. I would also really like to know what you like about the old theme and what you really like dislike about the old theme.

My goal from this is to find out what you like and dislike about both and then try to merge the most liked things about the old theme into the new theme and for the things you dislike about the new theme to be removed to dealt with. Hopefully I can create a demo theme that all the current users of the old theme are happy with and all the current users of the new theme are happy with.

tl;dr - You lazy dick, I spend all that time... What ever. Fine. Old theme going bye bye, new theme being improved, give feedback on what you like and dislike about both themes. I will try to make a best of both worlds. 

Love,

AoKMiKeY

Remember our agreement Mikey regarding fully remaking the old theme or demotion from community manager :troll:

My main suggestion would be the ability to change the color scheme of the new forum theme

Purple on black doesn't go well with my poor eyesight and that's one of the main reasons I still used the old and even mobile theme instead

Remember our agreement Mikey regarding fully remaking the old theme or demotion from community manager :troll:

My main suggestion would be the ability to change the color scheme of the new forum theme

Purple on black doesn't go well with my poor eyesight and that's one of the main reasons I still used the old and even mobile theme instead

That can be a thing I add into the new theme :) 

Personal dislikes:

1. I don't like the width on the new forums, i much prefer the older slightly wider part of the forums, It just feels far too cramped :/

f8ba923e736649b1d1a62b8712f21917.png

5603a7e3f719f1a1ab1969eb0f4fd7cc.png

2. I find it hard to see new posts, the darker grey colour to represent a new post doesn't personally feel as nice, i prefer when the user's name is bolder

573d1c23d883640cddaa7dd3a1317b16.png

362d4f9db2fec2c1b4ca5e42183a1d9a.png

3. This... Just the bracket hanging off the end feels bad.

941e7972434d46d14e5d75758f2ca083.png

4. How on the new theme, lines are missing, which separates each person's shout/thread

3d10cf6d70caed8a7a30933d417f9117.pngec36be6bb7949f3022a555bf317a5ab3.png

5. How chunky sections look (This will probably be fixed if you widen the forums)

0a1fcd96ef1ad73a707eed997140e3ed.png

6. Really not a fan of the italics, feels to me like it doesn't suit it

00e9eb7b70f01800372fbb29881cc619.png

7. So many different fonts in one place, please fix the input box's text please :/

7bf2142f181dafda299678509b25cf2f.png

Will update post when i find more

Personal dislikes:

I don't like the width on the new forums, i much prefer the older slightly wider part of the forums, It just feels far too cramped :/

f8ba923e736649b1d1a62b8712f21917.png

5603a7e3f719f1a1ab1969eb0f4fd7cc.png

I find it hard to see new posts, the darker grey colour to represent a new post doesn't personally feel as nice, i prefer when the user's name is bolder

This...

941e7972434d46d14e5d75758f2ca083.png

Will update post when i find more

The forums will be a bit wider in the next version and I can defiantly improve how easy it is to see new posts and topics.

Also the font needs to be a bit smaller.

Exactly what Triton said + 

1) White colour of the text is VERY BRIGHT on the dark background, hurts my eyes

2) I don't like italic font personally

3) When I point my mouse on the heading it highlights purple eww

4) Most annoying thing already mentioned by Triton - you can't see new posts! Because they do not highlight!

1) White colour of the text is VERY BRIGHT on the dark background, hurts my eyes

2) I don't like italic font personally

4) Most annoying thing already mentioned by Triton - you can't see new posts! Because they do not highlight!

1 and 2 can be ficed.

3. Can you screenshot it because I have no idea what you are saying.

4. Yeah. That is high on the list :) 

d01f90b037bf4475d84c6771dd10633d.png

The top one has no new post, the bottom one does have a new post...

I honestly don't know how you can't tell when there's a new post. There's even a difference in the icon to the left of the section that changes depending on if there's a new post or not...

Personal dislikes:

2. I find it hard to see new posts, the darker grey colour to represent a new post doesn't personally feel as nice, i prefer when the user's name is bolder

What are you on about when you mention a darker grey to represent new posts? NONE of the themes on the forums use a darker grey to represent new posts. The new theme makes posts white if they are new and the old theme makes them blue?

Honestly I think you're just finding bad excuses as to why you don't like the old theme because you're too ashamed to admit that you only still use it because you don't like change

Personal dislikes:

I'm sorry but the post for me don't turn gray at all, infact they get "bolder" for me which makes it even more obv there a new post + the icon goes from mainly grey to purple..? Maybe mikey should do what the old theme does. So when there no post it's gray instead of white but non-bold. But i do not see it go grey when there a new post. 

If you actually do see it go grey i'd advise you get your eye tested because you might be slightly colourblind(i'm serious)

3) what's wrong with that? I think having it purple clearly show's it's a link, most websites have url links go purple.

@@mikey101102 he means this https://i.gyazo.com/8f62fb380d7ff8c00335e36aec9da407.png

4) yes it does highlight, i can see it from miles away, the white is more thick and the text is bigger and the icon goes from more gray and not much purple to 90% purple and 10 % gray

What are you on about when you mention a darker grey to represent new posts? NONE of the themes on the forums use a darker grey to represent new posts. The new theme makes posts white if they are new and the old theme makes them blue?

Honestly I think you're just finding bad excuses as to why you don't like the old theme because you're too ashamed to admit that you only still use it because you don't like change

I'm talking about behind the text, not about the text. I'm so used to seeing her actual users name become bolder that I often don't look at the section title.

Also was there in any need in the last part, it feels to me like you want to criticise someone just become they can't handle certain properties as well as the next person.

I'm talking about behind the text, not about the text. I'm so used to seeing her actual users name become bolder that I often don't look at the section title.

Should of said you was on about the background and not the text, your sentence made it seem like you was on about the text because both new and old has gray background but newer one has a darker shade of it.

Should of said you was on about the background and not the text, your sentence made it seem like you was on about the text because both new and old has gray background but newer one has a darker shade of it.

Ahh right, oops sorry :/

The only reason i use the new theme is because on the old theme the log thingy http://prntscr.com/90c5i2 was not centered.

http://prntscr.com/90c5kp

this looks way nicer.

And mikey for the love of god and his people throw this http://prntscr.com/90c5y9 in the graveyard and put this http://prntscr.com/90c6ad on the playing field.

Much love,

Grezwal

The only reason i use the new theme is because on the old theme the log thingy http://prntscr.com/90c5i2 was not centered.

http://prntscr.com/90c5kp

this looks way nicer.

And mikey for the love of god and his people throw this http://prntscr.com/90c5y9 in the graveyard and put this http://prntscr.com/90c6ad on the playing field.

Much love,

Grezwal

I have made that change just for you.

LOVE ME

I have made that change just for you.

LOVE ME

You shall be loved

but 

#BringBackTroll