Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Martin

Windows 10 help

33 posts in this topic

actually, i am not gaining money from the cracked version, niether selling it, nor using it for illegal thing (such as hacking)

so why the heck would microsoft care for a nub who didnt pay for his windows

99% chance they will never even find out, but still, using the software without a license you have legally acquired is illegal :dumb: (thank you captain obvious)

point being: you acknowledge what youre doing is illegal and when murica brings freedom to your front door, dont come here whining that junior-imagination said you were the 1000000th customer and your free copy of windows 10 was 100% legit

yes, i did not pay for winrar, but im not here telling everyone that the crack is legal  :dave:

no one cares if it's illegal, if we did we would be living in china

so why the heck would microsoft care for a nub who didnt pay for his windows

because it's NOT a free piece of software?

if you spent years creating something to be sold and then when it's done people just stole it from you, how would you feel?

you use a product that is made in US? if so, then US copyright laws "apply" to your use of that product, even if you reside outside US. 

Erhm, actually, laws of the country of prosecution apply. This is always the case with any sort of trial. I can easily refuse to have a trial in the US if I were to ever be prosecuted for anything, Belgian government isn't going to hand anyone over to the US so trial would have to be here.

because it's NOT a free piece of software?

if you spent years creating something to be sold and then when it's done people just stole it from you, how would you feel?

i probably wouldn't care because for everyone one person that did not pay, 10 others did. Not to mention plenty of computers are sold with the OS included in the package, which I am also making money from.

i probably wouldn't care because for everyone one person that did not pay, 10 others did. Not to mention plenty of computers are sold with the OS included in the package, which I am also making money from.

Corporations do not think like this though. I think its too much of a hassle for Microsoft to really do anything about this but if they had the chance they would defiantly ban all piracy on their product even if they already get a lot of sales.

Corporations do not think like this though. I think its too much of a hassle for Microsoft to really do anything about this but if they had the chance they would defiantly ban all piracy on their product even if they already get a lot of sales.

You say this but lack a source.

Why do you think they even made upgrades to windows 10 free? There's a very large untapped market that they are trying to reach by putting everyone on the same OS (source). "About 74% of the commercial software used in China is pirated." Having a genuine copy means you're more likely to spend money on other Microsoft products or even use the app store. Which is Microsoft's end goal(source). You can either throw the book at potential customers, or give them access to make more sales.

Just think of angry birds, $1 on the app store is nothing even to pirates. With "12 million copies" sold from december 2009 to october 2010, that's $12,000,000 in sales in under a year(source) Who knows what they've made by now, 5 years later. With windows 10, Microsoft is hoping to create similar market opportunities with the store app on windows 10.

Which they've already started to accomplish.

F4KiKxi.png

I've argued with others about this before. Microsoft won't plainly admit that they are welcoming pirates into genuine obviously, because that's just bad policy. However, they do stand to gain much more from doing so than aggressively attacking pirates. The worst I expect to come from upgrading a pirated copy (that it reads as genuine) is that your genuine windows 10 key will be retroactively marked non-genuine and you will lose access to genuine features. But how long will that take? it's already been almost 4 months(source). How long will it be until pirating windows is completely forgotten?

Circling back to the original topic, if you want to take your chances there are many ways to upgrade to windows 10 (including what "JR-Imagine" said). Know that you are taking a risk in doing so and that windows 10 will always be subject to change since you cannot disable auto-updates. Nothing is 100% safe.

Slaya it's not my fault you think pirating major software is okay.

In the big picture? It's not okay.

In the miniscule fair usage for an individual "testing" the software? It's fine.