Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
not gAY

Admins on Raid Promod

21 posts in this topic

Hello again.

As you are aware, there is an almost continuous influx of hackers in COD4 these days.

The problem is particularly prevalent on the Promod servers.  Less experienced hackers stand out a mile away because they tend to use aimbot.

It isn't especially easy to obtain an admin at all times - in fact I don't even know how to find one.

On another server (was it the old Royal Soldiers Promod?) they had the ability to execute a !calladmin command, which would actually page an admin somehow.

UA servers still allow you to use !votekick so that the people have the power to kick those that are ruining the game.

I just wanted to offer the suggestion that in addition to the new !report command, that it may be a consideration to add !votekick or !calladmin.  I have seen your server go from 16+ players to 5 because of a single hacker annoying too many players.

Cheers,

M

!votekick sounds like a good idea, but it will almost definitely be abused :P I've seen it on UA and they kicked someone because he was a less experienced player.. As for !calladmin, I'm honestly not sure how that worked on RS, but it seems like a somewhat decent idea so i'll ask to see if it can be done :) Thanks for the suggestion, we'll definitely look into this.

Also, if you want an admin, your best bet would be to join the teamspeak or add them on steam :) All admin's steam links are on the admins page

Honestly speaking, there are alot more hackers/scripters (using illegal binds and things like that) on promod then people seem to think. I am not naming any names here, just speaking on my personal experience on the server. 

Also like caspa said, there is almost always one admin on the teamspeak server, this is the way i contact an admin. But as 'not gay' said, most people don't know how to contact an admin. Yes i know how because i sometimes am on teamspeak but others aren't. !calladmin seems like a good idea but know that some players will abuse it aswell.

Both commands are available to be abused to be honest.

But I think the !calladmin command may be a good idea.

Both commands are available to be abused to be honest.

But I think the !calladmin command may be a good idea.

Exactly like Bl4z3 said both will abused for sure and theres always a way to contact an admin like shout box or message on forums or steam or ts...

donators aren't admins, what makes them so special than the normal user? they can easily abuse it as well.

Anyway i'm trying to track down the illegal binds/dvar unlockers etc.. but it's hard since i have no C/C++ skill and sentrex hasn't really been around much but i move only the promod server to a newer custom CoD4 patch that will allow me to take screen shots of people clients(so i can see if people disabled smoke, fullbright etc..) and completely block any no recoil cheats as long as i don't have to give out any files.

and i'll look into the smoke FX and see if i can fix the issue of turning off with certain GPU settings.

donators aren't admins, what makes them so special than the normal user? they can easily abuse it as well.

Anyway i'm trying to track down the illegal binds/dvar unlockers etc.. but it's hard since i have no C/C++ skill and sentrex hasn't really been around much but i move only the promod server to a newer custom CoD4 patch that will allow me to take screen shots of people clients(so i can see if people disabled smoke, fullbright etc..) and completely block any no recoil cheats as long as i don't have to give out any files.

and i'll look into the smoke FX and see if i can fix the issue of turning off with certain GPU settings.

I'm a programmer if that's any help, although I haven't worked on any COD4 stuff for many years.

Regarding the VIP status - it may be an idea that only certain people can trigger a !votekick.  For example, players with more than 200+ visits, or donators, or admins (obviously).  These people have some dedication and clearly enjoy the servers and maybe there is some implicit trust because they have visited so many times.

The point would be that anyone can vote once it has been started, but a vote can only be triggered by a certain profile of user, reducing the misuse of it.

Just food for thought.

I honestly think votekick would be the best solution. The world isn't perfect, everything is susceptible to abuse but there's a reason successful games like CSGO and other CoD4 servers use it. It works more often than it is abused. Just my opinion coupled with experience though :)

Well votekick been available for everyone, all they have to do is press escape, click calll vote and vote kick a player. Been availabe since I launched the server.

Well votekick been available for everyone, all they have to do is press escape, click calll vote and vote kick a player. Been availabe since I launched the server.

Lossy I'm afraid this functionality doesn't work.  At least not for me - it simply says that voting isn't available on the server.  Hence the request for !votekick or something similar.

If you need help with C, give me a ring. You'll just have to tell me what you're looking for.

do you know anything about CoD4X? ^^

thats good idea for server because the most time hackers are in server while admins is not online and not there because of that im agree and ask of u act to available one of them ( votekick / calladmin ) please guys

thats good idea for server because the most time hackers are in server while admins is not online and not there because of that im agree and ask of u act to available one of them ( votekick / calladmin ) please guys

Votekick and any variation of such would be very vulnerable to abuse along with just allowing the hackers/rule breakers to keep joining back

Calladmin is somewhat useful, however due to recent decline in admins and the fact that many of their timezones differ greatly, it's unlikely that'll have a useful effect

It's better to contact admins directly (Having them on steam or being on teamspeak) than using calladmin

In addition, should record and make a ticket with such said recorded proof because of the high possibility of the rule breaker/hacker leaving before an admin can join

The fastest and most efficient way of contacting an admin, would be through Teamspeak or Steam. Whenever I'm at my PC, I'm on Steam. I've only declined a request from a player to spectate a potential rule breaker once, due to the fact that an admin was already present on the server. I will always try to help asap. I'm sure the other admins would do the same.

However, as stated before in this thread by Volti; A lot of people do not know how to or that they are able to contact admins through the use of Teamspeak and Steam. In addition to this, most players don't want to go through the trouble of recording and creating a topic on the forums. They just want to play. Which is totally respectable.

I also believe that, a lot of players 'believe' someone is hacking. I've had loads of times where two or more people called wallhack (or something similar) on another player. After spectating the potential hacker I came to the conclusion he or she wasn't hacking at all. Therefore, I believe it's a combination of people perspectives towards hacking ("Everyone hacks on CoD4!") and the lack of admins online at any given time.

As far as solutions go, I wouldn't know the answer to that. Votekick is easily abusable. If someone is camping in spawn, they will be kicked instantly through the use of votekick. Calladmin seems alright, but like Anti mentioned it's still a lot easier to just contact any admin directly. Speaking for myself, I am not online as much as I'd like to due to the fact that my internship is consuming a lot of time. If everything goes to plan, it will be finished by the end of this month and I would be online more often.

Maybe Lossy (or someone else in Raid) is able to do something with the new CoD4X18 client. If I recall correctly, Lossy told me it blocks like 90% of the cheats that were distributed for CoD4. I know it is installed to the Raid War server, but it's kind of a hassle to download. This is because you need to connect to the server twice in order for it to work. This will throw off new and old players. However, I'm looking forward to that potential fix from Lossy. It seems quite astonishing.

However, I'm looking forward to that potential fix from Lossy. It seems quite astonishing.

I don't work on raid servers anymore, mikey does it all :dave:

However, I'm looking forward to that potential fix from Lossy.

I have no doubts that Lossy would be able to fix this if he still had access, so I think the War server isn't really going to have any more active development :c 

However, MiKeY and I could get Atrx on the case of working around the broken parts of the CoD4x18 client. 

Also, I'll speak to MiKeY about adding a section to the forums that doesn't require a login that has information on how to contact an admin through either TS or Steam with useful links etc. Thanks for the idea ^^