Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iMtroll

New Admin System

18 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! So as you can already see, @MiKeY and I have made some changes to the forums in terms of colour and groups. This is to fit a new system we are going to be using to admin our games. We now have two new groups called Source Server Admin and Source Lead Admin, which will be used for any of our admins that are moderating our source gameservers such as CS:GO and GMOD. The old Lead Admin and Server Admin groups have been renamed to CoD4 Lead Admin and CoD4 Server Admin to help out with any confusion this might cause. 

But Troll, why do we even need admins for different games?!?!?!?! xddddddddddddddddddd

Well, it's very simple Jimmy. Some of our existing admins have little or no experience in source games!  This means that if they were to be admins of our source servers, some wrong bans or confusions could happen that in turn could make our playerbase upset! So we have this new system in place to make sure that all of our admins have an understanding to their own games and know what they are doing. A good example of why it would be bad without this is given to us by @Anti. So sit down and let me tell you a story.

Once upon a time when we first got a TTT server, a bunch of us went on and a few of us had never played it before. *cough* Anti *cough*. Anyway, Anti didn't really understand TTT and kept killing people for no reason at all and ruined the experience for those that did know how to play. 

Now this wouldn't of been a problem as he was only learning how to play. BUT, he was a Lead Admin at the time, and shouldn't they be the perfect role models of what your behaviour needs to be? Precisely! And this is why we need different role models for different games, ones that understand everything that needs to be done correctly!

And so that Johnny

My name's not Johnny

shut the hell up Timmy it is now!

is why we have separated the two different games in to different teams of admins. 

How can I be one of these types of admins?

We are rolling out a new admin application system too, but this is only for the source applications. The old application system is staying and will be used only for CoD applications, just as it always was. But be patient because making these applications will take time. However, we do hope that we can have it done as soon as possible. 

Thanks all,

@iMtroll and @MiKeY.

Community Manager's.

While I'm not the best at TTT, my terrorist detecting skills are second to none 

In the end, I'm doing nothing but...

winning-charlie-sheen-sweatshirts_design

Seriously though, I should never be trusted with any responsibility in gmod or source in general

Sounds good, gonna have to apply to get rid of this pink though :troll:
Also, just a suggestion, maybe instead of 'Cod4 Server Admin' on the forums, maybe you could have Source and CoD groups so everyone is still a Server Admin but you just add the CoD group if they manage CoD and the Source group if they manage Source. I don't know if you were gonna do this because it's not clear in the post but if you weren't, I'd recommend since it'd mean less groups would have to be created.

edit: also, if a CoD4 admin goes on gmod, can a gmod admin ban them willy nilly or do the cod4 admins get a staff rank or something so they higher than the average user but source admins can kick/warn them?

edit2: also again, I'd suggest making the rank CoD not 'CoD4', just incase Raid ever gets any BO3 (or Repz etc) servers c:

The Gods have spoken!

(Please don't this into another religion argument again *sigh*)

Just so everyone knows. I am working on the new member title icons. They are taking a little longer than normal being @Lossy wants rainbow. Typical :P. Hopefully should be done after work today. Member block to the left of the post content will also be getting a nice little upgrade :) 

so because anti was a nub i now have to suffer from this pink group color... :angryarnold:ARGH!!!

trol can i retire from retired admins pls?

so because anti was a nub i now have to suffer from this pink group color... :angryarnold:ARGH!!!

No no no, you're a lovely bear with a honey boo boo taste :troll:

Forum user okay? or have you donated :P hehe. If you really hate it then I can set it to your secondary group but I need something to replace your primary with.

Nah, I'm just an example why there's separate admin applications

You can blame the three nubs that MADE PINK FOR RETIRED AND BLOODY YELLOW FOR TRIAL :angryarnold:

Nah, I'm just an example why there's separate admin applications

You can blame the three nubs that MADE PINK FOR RETIRED AND BLOODY YELLOW FOR TRIAL :angryarnold:

Lossy had nothing to do with it, it was just me and MiKeY ;)

I don't know why I'm obsessing over the User Groups, like the 3d just looks SO FRICKING GOOD, I CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF OF IT.

All in all, well done with the whole "update", everything looks so good.

Just an input, but is it really necessary? Yes the icons look great and hats off to MiKeY and iMtroll for doing it

What if people wanted to be both Source and CoD4 admin? What would happen then? 

Also in my opinion, if you apply for admin then you should get it on both games, because if someone has you added, but you're not admin on that particular game, it could confuse some people.

(Just an input, not trying to bash)

It would confuse people if they tried to get an admin for CoD4 servers but he doesn't own CoD4 and he's the only one on or vise versa. Also means the admins can be active on the game they play, specially in the future for when raid host for more than just 2 games.

That's fine then, didn't think of it via that point of view. However if an admin was applying, it states what server/game(s) you play more. 

But I understand the reasoning behind it.

That's fine then, didn't think of it via that point of view. However if an admin was applying, it states what server/game(s) you play more. 

But I understand the reasoning behind it.

It only asks which servers you play more. 

Not sure if you noticed, but in CoD we have more than 5 servers. As well as in source games, we have more than 3 servers.