Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MiKeY

The Big Fun Server Update

24 posts in this topic

It has been a long time since the development nerds have touched the fun server but at long last we got fed up of @Caspa continually asking for new things. There has been a lot of changes so I am going to try and go over all of them. Unfortunately myself and @Lossy got bored of the change logs so most of this will be from memory.

We have tried to improve all current systems and removing the ones that just do not work. We have also added some new content but try not to expect new CUSTOM maps ( new maps will be among the items in the change log ) or shinny new guns from CoD 109 "The rise of the zombies for the 104 time". We have had to work closely to the limits of what we can do with only server side modifications.

Right so that is enough rambling from me,

Here is the new stuff in the "new stuff update" ( work needs to be done on the title :) )

Massive changes but minor to you:

[ √ ] Huge base code rewrite. Moving all of the code base onto a more stable platform

[ √ ] A lot of work done to making the code more efficient

[ √ ] A lot of bugs have been removed from old code and a lot of code has been removed too.

Awesome new feature:

[ √ ]  The "welcome message" ( the message shown on connect ) has been set to only show once upon your first connect. Along with this new change to the welcome message we have also greatly ( in our view ) improved the over all look of the message.

[ √ ]  Lots of saving, We now save settings for things like the welcome message.

[ √ ]  A new and more shinny map vote

[ √ ]  The map vote also has game mode vote!

[ √ ]  We now have a care package which can drop any of the following

- UAV

- Air strike

- Heli

- Care package

- Ammo refil

- Extended health ( lossy, no idea of the name )

- Oh, It will also kill! if it lands on you or other players

[ √ ] "NUKE IMBOUND", Yes we have added a nuke. The affect of the nuke will ware off after a set amount of time to  stop the gameplay being impacted.

[ √ ]  Strafe run has been fixed and improved!

[ √ ]  A custom menu for players. This menu allows you to do some cool things ( opened by the night vision key )

- Edit your class in game

- Toggle a laser

- Adjust your FOV

- Adjust your FOV Scale

- Apply Film Tweaks

- Reset your stats

- Reset your Level

- Apply Max level and Unlock everything.

We plan on continually adding new things to this menu as it seems fit. This menu will also at some soonish point in the future include VIP features. Decisions on these features are as yet undecided.

Gameplay Changes:

[ √ ] We have added a map radius. This means that if a player goes out side of this area they will have 15 seconds to get back in the map. If the player does not do this then they will be killed. This is mainly to stop players leaving the playing area to get an advantage over other players.

[ √ ] With the above change we are also now able to add more maps into the rotation. These will be all the stock maps.

[ √ ] Killhouse will also be included in the rotation and will also contain new spawns on the outside of the map with new map boundaries

[ √ ] There is also new hud for the ranks and challenges completed announcements

[ √ ] All general UI has been hidden to be more like hardcore but the Radar has been kept on screen and of course only shows your friendly unless a player shoots ( basically normal map )

[ √ ] Rocks on countdown have been patched

[ √ ] Spots on showdown have been patched

[ √ ] Existing spots that have been patched have had their patch radius reduced to less the affect on gameplay

[ √ ] The killcam has been improved, It will now follow grenades, RPGS, Claymores, and C4.

[ √ ] The XP hud is now more colourful. And has been improved a little.

Bugs Fixes:

[ √ ] The sliding welcome message has been fixed. So it no longer gets stuck on a players screen.

[ √ ] If you have a secondary rifle with the grenade launcher attachment you will no longer be able to have it.

[ √ ] Ambush has had old spot patches removed and some new patches added.

Anti - cheat / protection stuff:

[ √ ] Ads and websites names will cause your name to be reset

[ √ ] Unofficial people are no longer allowed to use the console name or community managers names

[ √ ] Cheat protection has been slightly buffed up.

Pictures of new menu:

Menu animation and options

9c2b48c6a9718b7240bae2dfc9daf760.gif

Menu itself

menu.jpg

Mapvote animation

3c8192fbe8cc457de9814b9dff2f6600.gif

Mapvote itself

newmapvotemenu.jpg

New welcome mapvote

newwelcomemenu.jpg

The Developer Nerds:

All of the new stuff and old stuff improvements have been done by Myself (@MiKeY) and @Lossy. We have both spent a great amount of time working on the new features and fixing up the current version for you guys to enjoy. We both hope you enjoy the "new stuff update".

We will both value any feedback, new feature ideas and especially BUGS! that you have have wanted to share, thought of or found. Please mention us bellow so we see them ( use the [ member = randomMember ] with out the spaces ).

We all hope you enjoy the update very much,

The Raid Development team And The Raid team as a whole.

This new update will hit either tomorrow or on the weekend, just got little bugs to fix! :)

After this, i will carry on with deathrun and maybe a new menu design with mikey ;)

Just wow.

Big thanks for you two!
Definitely will play more frequently :)

This is awesome, I actually want to play fun server now ^^

One thing I don't understand, for me the map vote looks nice except this space here-

VY4RKzl.png

Bosnian please read what section you're in before making suggestions or at least know what server we're on about.

What do you suggest we put there?

Maybe you could put your nemesis from last game's name in that corner (e.g person you killed most/killed you most). Might add a little bit of competitive fun :D

Maybe you could put your nemesis from last game's name in that corner (e.g person you killed most/killed you most). Might add a little bit of competitive fun :D

It'll always say StefanVII for you then  :P

howabout

bind leftarrow openscriptmenu x menu_close

bind uparrow openscriptmenu x menu_up

bind downarrow openscriptmenu x menu_down

bind rightarrow openscriptmenu x menu_select

and then 

[{openscriptmenu x menu_close}]

[{openscriptmenu x menu_up}]

[{openscriptmenu x menu_down}]

[{openscriptmenu x menu_select}]

to display the key names as "Left Arrow" etc. (or whatever key the bind is on) in the menu :sir:

just because some might find it annoying being unable shoot or aim while menu is open... :dave:

aye, forgot you need the menu thingy..

and b3 cant issue client commands?

setClientDvar("poop", "bind leftarrow openscriptmenu x menu_close; bind uparrow openscriptmenu x menu_up; bind downarrow openscriptmenu x menu_down; bind rightarrow openscriptmenu x menu_select");

and then b3 vstr poop :angryarnold:

it wont work, right?  :okay:

Not a bad idea :P 

Awesome work boys!

I like all new features, except the nuke. The map radius is an excellent idea!

Really great work guys!! 

I really like the new map radius and the features in the new menu!

And also the new vote system for the next map! But I miss the killcam! :(

What do you suggest we put there?

Maybe stretch the top bar, or put the winning map, or put the MVP?

Also, when voting are the maps always going to be white or are you gonna add loading screens or make it a different colour?

p.s I love the filmtweaks, maybe add different ones? :3

1) The top bar shows the winning map already.

2) The white background was meant to map loadscreens but we can't use them so i'm not sure what to replace them with yet

3) I'll add different ones in future the current one was for shipment.

#KILLCAMBACK  #KILLCAMBACK  #KILLCAMBACK 

re-update pls with all bug fixes

The killcam is still there, it's just bugged. To view the killcam spam F as you die for the time being until it is fixed.