Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NeXus .

Advanced Zone Editor (DNS Issue)

9 posts in this topic

Hey so the problem is i might have a record called 'game1.website.com' but if i go into a particular game and/or application and make a record called 'game2.website.com' i will still be able to connect with 'game1.website.com' as it will pick up the game/application default port with that being said if it's not the default port you could still do 'game1.website.com:port'.

Essentially I am looking for a fix to this my only resolution to it is by using multiple ips on the once machine which unfortunally cost an additional $2/m and can only have a maximum of 3 additional ips.

Hey so the problem is i might have a record called 'game1.website.com' but if i go into a particular game and/or application and make a record called 'game2.website.com' i will still be able to connect with 'game1.website.com' as it will pick up the game/application default port with that being said if it's not the default port you could still do 'game1.website.com:port'.

Essentially I am looking for a fix to this my only resolution to it is by using multiple ips on the once machine which unfortunally cost an additional $2/m and can only have a maximum of 3 additional ips.

Are you doing this on a webhost or self run server.

I don't get this:

"and make a record called 'game2.website.com' i will still be able to connect with 'game1.website.com'"

What do you mean now? If you make game2.website.com so a second record. Do you can connect or not ? Or do you have this problem in general while trying to make a record and connect to that DNS.

If you are doing with for cod then you will need fall over IP's. SVR records are not support by cod. its a shame. But yeah. For minecraft then this is easy. Same with teamspeak and some other more modern games

Are you doing this on a webhost or self run server.

Web host but the servers are on a vps which im trying to make the record for.

If you are doing with for cod then you will need fall over IP's. SVR records are not support by cod. its a shame. But yeah. For minecraft then this is easy. Same with teamspeak and some other more modern games

I tested with a cod server which explains that but luckily that is not what I'll be hosting.

Unfortunately Cpanel has no such support for SVR records :(

Web host but the servers are on a vps which im trying to make the record for.

I tested with a cod server which explains that but luckily that is not what I'll be hosting.

Unfortunately Cpanel has no such support for SVR records :(

It will be on your domain side. Who ever hosts your domain. For me I use godaddy but for raid we use something else. What are you looking to host?