Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jwofles

broken dr maps

18 posts in this topic

meatboy, mirrors edge, sewers, dawn, apocalypse v2, blue, lolz, portal, iceops, water_1, sao, decay, piratas, iceland, un_named, gohome, woodv3

Post if you have any more I haven't listed.

why was meatboy added? it was clearly stated in the cfg to not add meatboy @MiKeY

//Maps that crash server: Meatboy, sewers

2 hours ago, Lossy said:

why was meatboy added? it was clearly stated in the cfg to not add meatboy @MiKeY

was removed already I think. Didn't read that. I was in a rush to put the rotation on and then go to sleep.

10 hours ago, jwofles said:

meatboy, mirrors edge, sewers, dawn, apocalypse v2, blue, lolz

Post if you have any more I haven't listed.

Could you offer some replacements. Remember you're talking to someone of whom does not play deathrun very often.

1 hour ago, MiKeY said:

Could you offer some replacements. Remember you're talking to someone of whom does not play deathrun very often.

Can't we just try to fix them?

I mean, obviously there are maps like liferun that we couldn't fix the other day (makes no sense why it was crashing anyway) but it's worth a shot because these are all popular maps that people enjoy playing.

@Lossy is there any reason sewers and meatboy crash? Is it due to the mod? Is it something we can't fix?

for what ever reason they add 800 odd more material assets than any other dr map and i have no idea why and it causes the material limit to go over 2400

I think instead of adding replacement maps that will just be there to hold another map's place, we should just take out a whole rotation as there are at least 6 maps in the rotation that currently crash the server. mp_deathrun_water_1 & mp_deathrun_iceops will just restart the current map that is already being played & they are both maps in the same rotation. This leads to incredibly limited choice of maps.

30 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I think instead of adding replacement maps that will just be there to hold another map's place, we should just take out a whole rotation as there are at least 6 maps in the rotation that currently crash the server. mp_deathrun_water_1 & mp_deathrun_iceops will just restart the current map that is already being played & they are both maps in the same rotation. This leads to incredibly limited choice of maps.

2 hours ago, jwofles said:

Can't we just try to fix them?

I mean, obviously there are maps like liferun that we couldn't fix the other day (makes no sense why it was crashing anyway) but it's worth a shot because these are all popular maps that people enjoy playing.

@Lossy is there any reason sewers and meatboy crash? Is it due to the mod? Is it something we can't fix?

Lets work out a rotation that does not crash the server then go to the dev server and try and fix the maps that arent working. We will have to do in during the weekend though.

mirrors edge, blue, apocalypsev2 and blue all work on other servers, e.g pxg. How come they don't work on raid? honestly wondering.

2 hours ago, MiKeY said:

Lets work out a rotation that does not crash the server then go to the dev server and try and fix the maps that arent working. We will have to do in during the weekend though.

Sounds good, but since that'll have to happen in 4 days or so, should we temporarily put up the old rotation so the server doesn't crash?

4 hours ago, Caspa said:

mirrors edge, blue, apocalypsev2 and blue all work on other servers, e.g pxg. How come they don't work on raid? honestly wondering.

script errors within the maps, can easily be fixed. it's like on apocalypse you notice how the server lags when the fire trap is activated? because it has a script error

mikey can turn off logging to stop the maps from crashing the server but then future crashes we won't be able to tell what causes it.

9 hours ago, jwofles said:

Sounds good, but since that'll have to happen in 4 days or so, should we temporarily put up the old rotation so the server doesn't crash?

I've replaced all the ones you've mentioned with maps from the old rotation. We can get that changed in the weekend :)

22 hours ago, MiKeY said:

Sounds good, just message me on steam or poke me in TS if anything else needs doing.

On 8/22/2016 at 2:44 PM, Speedex said:

mp_deathrun_portal also restarts the map.

Don't worry about that, it doesn't actually restart the map. When the rotation tries to load a map but the name of the map was wrong it will just restart the map it's currently on. 

Although it may not be one, I like to just think of it as a failsafe. I'd much rather prefer the server to restart the current map than crash / turn off and give the error "level not found" or something.

23 hours ago, iMtroll said:

Although it may not be one, I like to just think of it as a failsafe. I'd much rather prefer the server to restart the current map than crash / turn off and give the error "level not found" or something.

Yeah, it's a lot more appealing to see a good map get restarted than a server crash, but at times I find myself & other players would just prefer it if the server crashed & the rotation went back to the beginning. There's nothing fun about playing the same, repetitive broken mp_dr_un_named more than once in a day, let alone more than once in a single session.. Also, it's possible for the map mp_dr_watercity to be played 3 times in a row.

Another small list of maps that the server doesn't like are mp_deathrun_sao, mp_dr_sewers, mp_dr_decay, mp_fnrp_piratas & mp_fnrp_iceland_v2

3 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Yeah, it's a lot more appealing to see a good map get restarted than a server crash, but at times I find myself & other players would just prefer it if the server crashed & the rotation went back to the beginning. There's nothing fun about playing the same, repetitive broken mp_dr_un_named more than once in a day, let alone more than once in a single session.. Also, it's possible for the map mp_dr_watercity to be played 3 times in a row.

Another small list of maps that the server doesn't like are mp_deathrun_sao, mp_dr_sewers, mp_dr_decay, mp_fnrp_piratas & mp_fnrp_iceland_v2

But if the server crashed and there was no one around to restart it then it would stay offline for ages. Meaning we lose players, we lose uptime, and we lose gametracker rank. That's why I'd much rather prefer to see a restart than a crash

1 minute ago, iMtroll said:

But if the server crashed and there was no one around to restart it then it would stay offline for ages. Meaning we lose players, we lose uptime, and we lose gametracker rank. That's why I'd much rather prefer to see a restart than a crash

I thought MiKeY got a way to have the server restart itself & check for a crash every few minutes? That's what I'd been informed had happen.