Followers 0
Sentrex

[RELEASE] mp_dr_stronghold

63 posts in this topic

Author: Sentrex

Map Name: mp_dr_stronghold

Traps: 15, most are unique

End Rooms: Old, Sniper,  Bounce, Mystery

Difficulty: Medium(free), Hard(activated)

Map Size: Large

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_wvJpvUd-I&feature=youtu.be

Image: 

e9LZi64.jpg

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a49kbfjcs9uc6mr/mp_dr_stronghold.zip

Credits: Gabe, UnnamedPlayer

This is my third released deathrun map! Hope you enjoy!

Post below to tell me what you think and how I could improve on my overall mapping next time!

yay!

I like it already. I'll test the map now. (Will edit this post)

oooooh yeah. 129682445-3.jpg

The explosion looks really small though :P

I really like this map. It should be added to the rotation.

The traps are nice, not really common and good looking. 

The B room is really funny! Nice idea!

Conclusion, I love the map. It's well-designed and traps are not common. Fun to play!

(lol) 129682479-3.jpg129682481-3.jpg

I like it, but jumpers can shoot through that:

23a78ccd84e5cb2b0d45e64a0fee3ced.png

Same thing happens on skydeath, put a weapon_clip on the jumpers side. Kinda like this e1036b013e175221036b3b1d7257d31e.png

Beat, there is a weapon clip but a bit further back. When testing the map on a server people found this to be a nice addition as if you can get close enough to the activator without him killing you then you can kill him. I can remove it if everyone here disagrees but it seemed to work out okay before.

Also you can just create a terrain patch with weapon clip so it is one sided. 

I like the map, the traps look unique; but I haven't played it. 

I see you've added some nice effects to the traps (The wall exploding at the start) I would recommend using this for other traps. For example when the floors falls, have some spiky edges and make it look like they have exploded; making it look realistic.

Beat, there is a weapon clip but a bit further back. When testing the map on a server people found this to be a nice addition as if you can get close enough to the activator without him killing you then you can kill him. I can remove it if everyone here disagrees but it seemed to work out okay before.

Also you can just create a terrain patch with weapon clip so it is one sided. 

Add a weapon click otherwise we're going to get loads of people trying to kill the activator when ever he stands there.

Right, I'll do the above later on today so it gives other people a chance to post their opinions. Then I can have one big update instead of loads of little ones.

is the texture quality the actual textures you've used or is it your choice not to put the quality up ingame?

The YouTube video is awful quality simply to make it quicker to upload. In game it's high quality

Thanks for the map Sentrex :)

Start of the map looks good, but (sorry,) I don't find the map inside very unique/appealing.

I may be wrong though, because looking at it alone, and actually playing with ~10 people on a server is a different gameplay experience!

Thanks for the map Sentrex :)

Start of the map looks good, but (sorry,) I don't find the map inside very unique/appealing.

I may be wrong though, because looking at it alone, and actually playing with ~10 people on a server is a different gameplay experience!

No worries, I don't take badly to criticism :p thanks for the feedback!

You should give the explosion the same sound fearz cave map has when you explode the c4 ;)

Also you should add a hill side with terrain patches or something so looking away from the map doesn't look awkward. P.S use portals for them grass/tree models it will optimize your map better

P.S use portals for them grass/tree models it will optimize your map better

Dafuq lossy, portals on models? So either I'm retarded or you've never done portalling as the only type of portalling I know is making portal cells so the engine only renders the part of the map you're in.

Dafuq lossy, portals on models? So either I'm retarded or you've never done portalling as the only type of portalling I know is making portal cells so the engine only renders the part of the map you're in.

Or i'm just retarded and forgot portals work differently compared to source games :o

add sound effects to the map, it's raining but i dont hear rain, when something explodes i don't hear kaboom :fff:

add sound effects to the map, it's raining but i dont hear rain, when something explodes i don't hear kaboom :fff:

I've added pretty much everything apart from the rain, I can't get it to play correctly and I really just don't have time to play around with it. It's either got to be no rain at all, or rain with no sfx. Ya'll can decide.