Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spencer

CoD4 Multiplayer wont open

14 posts in this topic

Whenever I try to open my CoD4 it gives me this. Campaign will open just fine but multiplayer wont. Anyone know what this is?

d491232742b71bb9c1f8d3972f4a0288.png

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

Whenever I try to open my CoD4 it gives me this. Campaign will open just fine but multiplayer wont. Anyone know what this is?

d491232742b71bb9c1f8d3972f4a0288.png

Go to /updater. double click uninstall. then click install and done. 

Cod4X are blocking people on older versions.

It's really shitty because this means you can't use elebot or selectstringtableentryindvar since they're blocked in the newest version of cod4x but owel :/

not really because you can use selectstringtableentryindvar to turn on unlimited radar lol

56 minutes ago, Lossy said:

not really because you can use selectstringtableentryindvar to turn on unlimited radar lol

Yeah but if people want to hack it's not going to stop them, they're just going to find another dvar unlocker.

I only use it because the fov on deathrun doesn't save on pxg :whistle:

rather have people download untrusted programs to cheat than open up console to cheat

1 hour ago, jwofles said:

Yeah but if people want to hack it's not going to stop them, they're just going to find another dvar unlocker.

I only use it because the fov on deathrun doesn't save on pxg :whistle:

It does, Mook said on TS either yesterday or a few days ago that it now saves since he fixed the problem.

At the end of the day, they're just making the game fairer by blocking those things imo. 

8 hours ago, iMtroll said:

It does, Mook said on TS either yesterday or a few days ago that it now saves since he fixed the problem.

He said he needed lossy to add it also lol. 

And yeah I agree that it's fairer, it just kinda sucks.

Damn. I can't cheat at this game as easily anymore. Shit!

Also the game crashes or just has black screen because of some programs... for example my friend had to exit Steam to start up COD4 normaly.. and I need to close one of the programs to get it to work, really don't know what the issue is. Or just simply crashes without any warning or just haves black screen. Yes I do have the latest drivers. But ye, don't play COD4 anymore so ye.

55 minutes ago, BosnianArmy said:

Also the game crashes or just has black screen because of some programs... for example my friend had to exit Steam to start up COD4 normaly.. and I need to close one of the programs to get it to work, really don't know what the issue is. Or just simply crashes without any warning or just haves black screen. Yes I do have the latest drivers. But ye, don't play COD4 anymore so ye.

The problem that was causing this has probably been fixed in cod4x

Do you have a mic plugged into your pc? cod4 mp can crash because of that for some reason

20 hours ago, Speedex said:

Do you have a mic plugged into your pc? cod4 mp can crash because of that for some reason

CoD4x fixed that issue