Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WFYU

[Cod4] Character Creation (Question)

15 posts in this topic

next requires using the asset manager, you would have to compile the char model, the image that comes with the char model... Then you would have to know how to apply it to cod4 for testing.

next requires using the asset manager, you would have to compile the char model, the image that comes with the char model... Then you would have to know how to apply it to cod4 for testing.

See this is where I would need to get some information on, I have mod tools installed, I just don't know what i'm doing in asset manager, and I don't know how to compile the char model/images that came with it. If anyone can provide assistance it would mean alot to me.

do you have xfire or skype as i can help you that way?

Yeah, i have skype and xfire. I prefer skype: chrisg_ipwn

Yeah, i have skype and xfire. I prefer skype: chrisg_ipwn

i hope u make us a sexy character :3

Well, we got the character in game.. all textures work and you can see shrek :> i think the bones messed up because his feet,arms and head all move correctly inset for his body is deformed XD

You need to fix the model to fit into the CoD4 mp skeleton WITHOUT moving the joints, else the model will be fucked up in game. Also, don't bind skin weights into joints that don't have the J_ prefix (including pelvis, torso_stabilizer etc). If the model is symmetrical, paint skin weights on half of the model, then mirror them to the other half.

geh5fDA.png

(original model was in T-pose and its limbs were different size)

Recently, I haven't been able to apply textures or materials with the models I am using. I recently went from maya 2015 to 8.5 so I'm lost on how to do this.

Any helping hand is greatly appreciated. 

Recently, I haven't been able to apply textures or materials with the models I am using. I recently went from maya 2015 to 8.5 so I'm lost on how to do this.

Any helping hand is greatly appreciated. 

select mesh -> hold right mouse button -> assign new material -> phong

then just apply a texture in the material attributes and set the viewport to render textured (press 6 i think)

for normal maps, remember to use tangent space normals