13 posts in this topic

.:;.     Map name: mp_dr_showcase 

.::.     Traps: Aiming for around 10-12 

.::.     Size:  medium - large                 

.::.     Difficulty: medium - hard

Only 2 screenshot ftw:

8a3ae23053083a06cae93209830cf444.png

7e47803bba5de2d38702eeff694ab7e7.png

I've made a timelapse of the map so far, i'm hoping to do a part 3 today but stream for a longer time since these were roughly 2-3 hours each part XD It doesn't look amazing so far but map will contain many different twists that hopefully you guys will like once finished! I generally like to have a very aligned map, keeping most things symmetrical. I like to keep designs plain but have a nice style to it, i will maybe try add more to it in terms of design.

If you want to see me stream the map you can do so here: http://www.twitch.tv/theunkn0wnone

I will make a notification through twitch of when i will be streaming, follow if you want to keep up to date :)

-Phelix, teh nub mapper

I like how he goes through raid forums in his time lapses :>

reminds me of Detained, only because of the black/grey texture that is also used in detained :ph34r:

Looks good. If only i had the time to learn how to map. I love designing things like on Photoshop and c4d. Mapping would be my thing..  

Looks good. If only i had the time to learn how to map. I love designing things like on Photoshop and c4d. Mapping would be my thing..  

Go for it, doesn't take up loads of time and is very fun just to mess around see what you can create. 

it looks so hard to script & map ;o

The tools used for mapping are extremely user friendly and pretty simple compared to most 3d design software. As for the scripting, once you get the basics down it's pretty easy too, besides you've got a whole community here that'd be willing to try and help out with a things you get stuck on! Give it a go, just be patient[\b] and don't rush anything :)

tl;dr - It's not too hard, try it out

The tools used for mapping are extremely user friendly and pretty simple compared to most 3d design software. As for the scripting, once you get the basics down it's pretty easy too, besides you've got a whole community here that'd be willing to try and help out with a things you get stuck on! Give it a go, just be patient[\b] and don't rush anything :)

tl;dr - It's not too hard, try it out

i will :D

[WIP]mp_dr_showcase + tutorial on setting up modtools + basic scripting