Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cloudy

Post your internet speed!

276 posts in this topic

3629361370.png

Thats my internet as of now. It could be this slow though because I may be using an old Ethernet cable.

3629361370.png

Thats my internet as of now. It could be this slow though because I may be using an old Ethernet cable.

UTP cable* :troll:

And which one? CAT 1 or CAT 2 or CAT 3? :P

UTP cable* :troll:

And which one? CAT 1 or CAT 2 or CAT 3? :P

Its a Belkin Cat6 FT4

Its a Belkin Cat6 FT4

Then get better Network if you got CAT6? :o

We have sucky internet here compared to you guys :)

3639704899.png

Be happy to have a big speed internet... in place of 1 mb/s internet. I got 10 mb/s a year ago now 120 mb/s and ye huge difference but still be happy that you got internet :P

Be happy to have a big speed internet... in place of 1 mb/s internet. I got 10 mb/s a year ago now 120 mb/s and ye huge difference but still be happy that you got internet :P

My issue is not speed but latency.  I think ISPs do it on purpose.   I live in a province/state that has 2 major ISPs and if I run a server on my home connection and my next door neighbor who is on the other ISP there is 80ms of latency between us which is ridiculous.  Even more ridiculous my speedtest server is 1200miles away and I get less latency LOL.   I've also never been able to connect to any game server with a ping response less than 65ms.  The ISPs here tend to care about maximizing profits and not upgrade their network so that their routers are not so overloaded.  Its worst near the end of August when college/university starts

My issue is not speed but latency.  I think ISPs do it on purpose.   I live in a province/state that has 2 major ISPs and if I run a server on my home connection and my next door neighbor who is on the other ISP there is 80ms of latency between us which is ridiculous.  Even more ridiculous my speedtest server is 1200miles away and I get less latency LOL.   I've also never been able to connect to any game server with a ping response less than 65ms.  The ISPs here tend to care about maximizing profits and not upgrade their network so that their routers are not so overloaded.  Its worst near the end of August when college/university starts

Dat_sucks

Thats only what I can say lol

More importantly how much does everyone pay for their internet services?  I pay $65 CAN (or about $60 US) taxes included for 30Mbit down 10Mbit up

I pay 40 euro's per month for my internet (120 mb/s download and 26 mb/s upload)

So 53 dollars

:ph34r:

924221995.png

My iPhone 5 at my house

GznmYbv.jpg

My iPhone 5 at a holiday house with holiday wifi eww :<

After that test it went up by a megabit and a half which turned out to be its usual speed however, for some reason it dipped really low, no idea why.

Why you using coventry server for? =o

103739393.png

It selected Coventry automatically when I clicked start, but 11 ms and 2 jitter from my house to Coventry is really not that bad :o