Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Moka_Akashiya85

Call of Duty: Combined Ops [CLOSED]

26 posts in this topic

Yes, that's right, the CoD:CO 2.0 OB is now live and everyone can join! (atleast if there's spots.)

Note: What you see in the Open Beta can and will most likely change in the final release. There's still alot of WIP and non-working stuff, and we can not promise that the mod will work for you 100%. The mod is not 100% finished. You have been warned.

b_560_95_1.png

:angryarnold:SO THE MOD IS JUST GUNS FROM OTHER CODS?! ARGH!

guns and maps from other cod games, nothing really special ...

Have either of you even BOTHERED to check the mod's Moddb page? The mod is gonna include the following:

New menu

Guns from MW2, MW3, BO1, Ghosts.

Re-creation of maps with waypoints for bots.

PeZBOTs.

All MW3 killstreaks and some Ghosts ones.

More attachment alternatives (External, Internal)

And more.

Aside from the filesize... Enjoyed the few games I played, really good mod! :)

Well, seem to be able to play it on my Mac

The guns sound good but need work on recoil and damage (WIP, so I know that this will be worked on)

Main issue is the horrid Ghost's knife animation

I think it's cool that you guys were able to achieve such, but it makes knife gameplay much less enjoyable (Much more slow and overall horrid hit detection)

Please consider changing it back to previous Cod's knife animations

Well, seem to be able to play it on my Mac

The guns sound good but need work on recoil and damage (WIP, so I know that this will be worked on)

Main issue is the horrid Ghost's knife animation

I think it's cool that you guys were able to achieve such, but it makes knife gameplay much less enjoyable (Much more slow and overall horrid hit detection)

Please consider changing it back to previous Cod's knife animations

Seriously glad you got it working on your mac.

And i highly doubt we'll switch the knife animations. Sorry.

Have either of you even BOTHERED to check the mod's Moddb page?

Yes, I did bother to check the Mod DB page of the mod. You didn't bother to provide any pics or whatsoever in the original post, so how else would I have known anything about the mod?

:angryarnold:AND I'D RATHER NOT KNOW YOUR SEXUAL ORIENTATION SO DON'T POST IT ON YOUR PROFILE PAGE AS 'BASIC INFO'! ARGH!

New menu

Adds nothing to the actual gameplay.

Guns from MW2, MW3, BO1, Ghosts.

Converted with Lime/Lemon, nothing special. If I want to play with MW3 guns, I go play MW3.

Re-creation of maps with waypoints for bots.

PeZBOTs.

As the bots are dumb and (according to Mod DB page) they don't even work, they are totally useless for other than testing purposes.

All MW3 killstreaks and some Ghosts ones.

I got bored of MW3 and BO2 because of the continuous killstreak spam, 3-5 killstreaks are enough. Otherwise good idea.

More attachment alternatives (External, Internal)

And more.

Once again I see nothing special in porting guns, playermodels etc. from other CoDs with Lime/Lemon as it basically involves no work at all.

So what's the final conclusion?

:angryarnold:IT'S A FUCKING WEAPON MOD! ARGH!!

If you don't like the mod which has taken AGES to make, then go somewhere else >.>

Don't put words in my mouth, I just said there is nothing special in the mod as 99% of it is just new weapons.

:angryarnold:SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! DOWNVOTE THIS POST ALREADY! COME ON! DO IT! DO IT NOW!

It is good seeing people make big mods for CoD4. I thought the modding community was a  - ghost town  B)

mod is so fun ;3

good job, I wish I was better though ;(

Don't put words in my mouth, I just said there is nothing special in the mod as 99% of it is just new weapons.

:angryarnold:SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! DOWNVOTE THIS POST ALREADY! COME ON! DO IT! DO IT NOW!

Guns = 99%

New sounds, kill streaks, and menus/changes = 1% :dumb:

Anyways, while the program used to make it may not be something special, at least it's something

I personally dislike the idea of new guns or mods that add new kill streaks, but many people don't share that opinion

The porting of knife animations (bad as it may be), riot shields, kill streaks, and new addition of attachments is rather unique

Also, the bots (broken or not) seem to do their job fairly well (Even though they always know your position, makes it a bit more interesting)

Overall, shouldn't really be considered as a weapon mod since there is much more to it than just that

Eh

2.0 Looks well designed especially the menus they look awesome! good job!

is this update added yet?

Well, due to the people (Fans of CO on Moddb) being complete ignorant little cocks that can't learn to read the latest. fucking. news article, i took down the open beta. It's a closed, dev-only test server now.

If you're asking why Raid hasn't STILL updated to 1.3, i don't know.

[17:47] Moka_Akashiya85: Hey Darmuh.
[17:49] [Raid]Darmuh: hey
[17:49] Moka_Akashiya85: You know what bothers me?
[17:49] [Raid]Darmuh: what does?
[17:49] Moka_Akashiya85: You guys still haven't updated to 1.3 of CO.
[17:50] Moka_Akashiya85: >:C
[17:55] [Raid]Darmuh: yeah sorry i've been busy
[17:55] [Raid]Darmuh: still have to add some maps for deathrun as well
[17:56] Moka_Akashiya85: Mhm. Well, no worries.
No offense but 1.3 isn't something I'm going to put at the top of my priorities. All I see in the update is more sounds/images players will have to download and I do have other things to work on even outside of the raid servers. I have a life in both school and work that I need to maintain.

@Darmuh is to lazy to upload the mod to the dedi.

Because i'm the only person with dedi access who can upload files.

Well, due to the people (Fans of CO on Moddb) being complete ignorant little cocks that can't learn to read the latest. fucking. news article, i took down the open beta. It's a closed, dev-only test server now.

well maybe if you guys made a faq section on the moddb page, you guys would not have to answer the same questions over and over again. you guys could also be a little nicer towards the people that play and support your mod, because you know, after reading the 'latest news', you guys, i think you might as well keep your server closed forever, you guys.

ET6ifq7.png

Lossy has 0.000000000000000000001 upload speed, while Thomas is to busy sucking at league ;D

Lossy has 0.000000000000000000001 upload speed, while Thomas is to busy sucking at league ;D

Lossy also has a 0.000000000000000000001 "get off your ass and do something besides league" speed, so that might be an issue :P

or because it actually does take me forever to upload stuff and i can't use up all my internet when i have to share the internet with other people in my house.