Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BraXi

PC Upgrade

28 posts in this topic

So most of you know my bloody awesome rig (*ehem* see signature *ehem*) but it's time for an upgrade :awesome:

I'm proudly presenting my new, upcoming moster:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K (3770k before)

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB (same as before)

RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB CL9 DDR3-1866 (DDR3-1600 before)

PSU: Corsair 650W EU Version (Thermaltake Litepower 600W BE before)

MOBO: MSI B85M-E45 (4 slots for RAM, leaves space for further upgrade)

HDD: same

SSD: same

In overall it's a ~15% power upgrade over my current rig, but it's worth due to current's rig expiring warranty, etc..

What ya think ? Shall I add something to it? :sir:

So most of you know my bloody awesome rig (*ehem* see signature *ehem*) but it's time for an upgrade :awesome:

I'm proudly presenting my new, upcoming moster:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K (3770k before)

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB (same as before)

RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB CL9 DDR3-1866 (DDR3-1600 before)

PSU: Corsair 650W EU Version (Thermaltake Litepower 600W BE before)

MOBO: MSI B85M-E45

HDD: same

SSD: same

In overall it's a ~15% power upgrade over my current rig, but it's worth due to current's rig expiring warranty, etc..

What ya think ? Shall I add something to it? :sir:

This upgrade is absolutely pointless. (For the cpu at least)

give me your old stuff nub - it's a nice upgrade :) you see, my 'moster' is pretty badass too 

no B85 (budget) mobo for K processor you idiot :angryarnold:

I find that build not very great for the price, it's already great enough and doesn't need an upgrade

Don't buy i7-4770K yet... 3770K is fine for the time being and I think you should wait a bit for newer releases. I'm sure 4770K will get cheaper in price by then too. That's my opinion.

Although, upgrading other things is still good!

I'd actually buy a better case or a better cooling system, because in my experience whenever I had <30°C my pc (i7-3770) ran like beast.

Now it's usually >50°C and I can't help but have delays in tasks on my pc...trust me.

Don't buy i7-4770K yet... 3770K is fine for the time being and I think you should wait a bit for newer releases. I'm sure 4770K will get cheaper in price by then too. 

On amazon it's 24% off at the moment, from £311 pounds to £235.

I should be getting my new PC parts tomorrow(order of course :dave:)  :P

Specs:~

MOBO:  Asus H87M-PLUS Intel H87 Express Motherboard 

MEMORY: Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600​C9 Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K

GPU: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 DirectCU II OC 2GB GDDR5

HDD: 1TB

PSU: Corsair Builder Series CX 500 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze

All for around £624, i knew saving up a month would get me a much better build.

But i still need to get a new tower unit and a water cool before i can start using this beast :sir:

Bout the price, selling my old PC will cover 99% of the costs of new parrts, I also have huge discounts in shop with PC parts so I'll likely pay noticeably less now and get drunk and get additionaly a laptop for 50% of its price :awesome:

Bout the price, selling my old PC will cover 99% of the costs of new parrts, I also have huge discounts in shop with PC parts so I'll likely pay noticeably less now and get drunk and get additionaly a laptop for 50% of its price :awesome:

Oh that's nice. Go on and grab dem deals :D

On amazon it's 24% off at the moment, from £311 pounds to £235.

I should be getting my new PC parts tomorrow(order of course :dave:)  :P

Specs:~

MOBO:  Asus H87M-PLUS Intel H87 Express Motherboard 

MEMORY: Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600​C9 Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K

GPU: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 DirectCU II OC 2GB GDDR5

HDD: 1TB

PSU: Corsair Builder Series CX 500 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze

All for around £624, i knew saving up a month would get me a much better build.

But i still need to get a new tower unit and a water cool before i can start using this beast :sir:

Man get a heating solution... trust me, when you buy high end parts they are cool in the beginning... but start to get too hot and don't usually get below 40°C !

Lower the temperature, the snappier your pc performs ;)

My Dad had to get a dedicated AC installed for his company's main server to keep it cool, since it is constantly on load  :unsure:

Man get a heating solution... trust me, when you buy high end parts they are cool in the beginning... but start to get too hot and don't usually get below 40°C !

Lower the temperature, the snappier your pc performs ;)

My Dad had to get a dedicated AC installed for his company's main server to keep it cool, since it is constantly on load  :unsure:

Well I'm thinking about getting this case http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aerocool-Strike-X-Screwless-Tower-Gaming/dp/B00606NC5S/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1399408727&sr=1-3-fkmr0&keywords=+Aerocool+VS-3+Gaming+Mid-Tower+Case+No+PSU+Screwless+Black+Interior#productDetails on other sites it's highly suggested as it has really good airflow with fans put in, so i might not need a water cooler if this is the case and instead just use fans only but then i'm worried i might have to get a 550w power supply instead

Well I'm thinking about getting this case http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aerocool-Strike-X-Screwless-Tower-Gaming/dp/B00606NC5S/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1399408727&sr=1-3-fkmr0&keywords=+Aerocool+VS-3+Gaming+Mid-Tower+Case+No+PSU+Screwless+Black+Interior#productDetails on other sites it's highly suggested as it has really good airflow with fans put in, so i might not need a water cooler if this is the case and instead just use fans only but then i'm worried i might have to get a 550w power supply instead

The movement of air in this^^ one seems to be better than Phelix's case to be honest.

But I'm a bit confused, is the 'vent-looking' thing in the front actually a vent or just made for looks/design?

Here:

b10a38447f24648b8a13543f31e3f643.png

If it is actually a vent, then it might be of concern, because the air flow will be disrupted by the air entering from the front. Otherwise, it seems to be a pretty good buy ;)

Heat level also depends on whether your CPU is kept right in the corner of a room. So do change it's position and also let it's back have some space for cool air :P

This is the case I have and its a beast: cs-432-105.jpg

Its full tower and watercool ready.

@quennch it's roughly the same, though my case has more ventilation at the front and side panel... i suppose the good thing with mine is that it comes with dust filters and a temperature component thing, but tbh lossy's probs has dust filters etc anyway.

oh there we go, dust filters for psu.

only thing special about mine is 'Front Mesh Cover for High Cooling Performance 'The front mesh bay cover provides cool air into the system while dust filters prevent dust from entering'

was copied from description from amazon  :dumb:

And here I am with an average gaming computer with no special images to post  :mellow:

bmw-pccase.jpg

I have this one, a good brand as well (thermaltake)

So many huge, ugly cases...

This is what i want: BITFENIX PRODIGY.

Perfect airflow:

BitFenix-Prodigy-what%E2%80%99s-so-speci

Bitfenix_Prodigy_GTX690.JPG

prodigy_1.jpg

Edited by Darmuh
added spoiler

I was going to get that case for when i was going to sell my current pc and build a new one :> Alot of people use that case

Edited by BraXi
added nothing

Mine's even smaller:

alienware_X51_02.jpg

alienware-x51-xl.jpg

AW-X51-1.jpg

Makes low noise but comes with an extra perk, BAD AIRFLOW!

So many huge, ugly cases...

This is what i want: BITFENIX PRODIGY.

Perfect airflow:

BitFenix-Prodigy-what%E2%80%99s-so-speci

Bitfenix_Prodigy_GTX690.JPG

prodigy_1.jpg

nope, u want Prodigy M, its dimensions are the same, but it fits in a mATX mobo and has 5 pci slots :sir:

Mine's even smaller:

alienware_X51_02.jpg

alienware-x51-xl.jpg

AW-X51-1.jpg

Makes low noise but comes with an extra perk, BAD AIRFLOW!

go have a great day :angryarnold:

nope, u want Prodigy M, its dimensions are the same, but it fits in a mATX mobo and has 5 pci slots :sir:

go have a great day :angryarnold:

Like i need a 2nd GPU, try to beat me with yar craptop, yar 3 craptops vs my pc have no chance :dumb: