Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frosty

Suggest a Headset/Post your headset

37 posts in this topic

Well today my headset started to break (The left speaker is starting to detach) 

Its called the Corsair Vengeance 2000

Post some suggestions for me and others

Calling all audiophiles 

Make sure your suggestions tell us what its best for (gaming, music or both)

Here is my current headset that lasted me longer than any other headset i owned. (I have bad luck with headsets) 

3ADBdxpTuR.png

Mine as well as many others as I have suggested it in the past.

I found out about them through my friend zach (zarmuh) who had them at his house. I thought they were good so I bought them. Turns out I was right, best headset i've ever had.

Edit: forgot the picture LOL

plantronics_gamecom_780.jpg

They're called Platronics Gamecon 780 ;)

Current headset: Turtle Beach x11

uwpiTNa.jpg

Sound quality is nothing amazing but somehow its lasted me 7 years.

I'm saving for Razer Carcharias at the moment.

dl5Ohix.png

Good choice on the Razer Carcharias, Razer headsets are actually quite good, nobody really uses them though.

However, it all depends on your budget. How much are you willing to spend?

I use this one:

tactx.jpg

070109_alien_4.jpg

Alienware Tactx Headset (not a free one that comes with the cpu). It's pretty good for gaming, but horrible for music. The kind of sound it makes is different, which is useful only in competitive gaming and mostly fps games. Don't buy it if you want to listen to music only. Buy it if you play games like CoD, CS, CSGO, DayZ where it's important to hear hear sounds like footsteps, these deliver very well.

They're excellent for the price though, cost $60 :)

But if you can spend more, then buy a razer one! If I would be buying a headset now, I would save money and buy a Razer Kraken or a Turtle Beach PX-Series ONE ;)

Beats Mixr!

I know, overpriced shit! :) I bought them with my iPhone and iMac at the Apple Store Amsterdam.

Yet, I really like them! Anyways, if I had a chance to buy a new one, I'd not buy a Beats Headphone, due to their price.

razer kraken 7.1

razer-kraken-7-1-gallery-7.png

razer-kraken-7.1-2-of-7-100050940-orig.j

it was either these or the siberia v2 frost blue, well originally those <--- friend told me to get the krakens as they not long came out when i bought them. I like them, synapse is a buggy software though.

he showed me this video, thought fk it ill get this instead. I needed a mic too and it's clear so overall i was happy with it :)

Buy a craptop and use the integrated microphone. It's best for fooling your friends you live in a sever pipe :troll:

But seriously, I don't have a headset :okay: My big bro's been using Turtle Beach X42 on Xbox for almost 2 years now and he says it's a good headset (dunno what would be the PC equivalent for it though).

:angryarnold:TURTLES!

it's good until you have to constantly keep changing your volume/mic sensitivity because people will hear themselves or hear what you're doing on your computer.

Mine as well as many others as I have suggested it in the past.

I found out about them through my friend zach (zarmuh) who had them at his house. I thought they were good so I bought them. Turns out I was right, best headset i've ever had.

They're called Platronics Gamecon 780 ;)

I like that headset, only problem is, they feel really cheap. But they sound good, both microphone input and sound output.

They're called Platronics Gamecon 780

Dat dust in HD  :wacko:

it's good until you have to constantly keep changing your volume/mic sensitivity because people will hear themselves or hear what you're doing on your computer.

Yeah especially when other games/applications like to fuck with your volume levels. *cough* COD GHOSTS *cough*

I have my mic volume at 19 by default lol.

And here I am with these:

305498-apple-earpods-review-earbuds-i-ha

Don't judge, just hate.

I'm saving up for logitech headsets though

And here I am with these:

305498-apple-earpods-review-earbuds-i-ha

Don't judge, just hate.

I'm saving up for logitech headsets though

<3 best eurbuds NA

I broke my headset, this is what i'm saving for.

The vengeance may look nive however audio tecnica has always had my heart with the ATHM50s with their superior audio. i haven't ever tried the gaming headset but i feel as if it will blow my expectations out of the water in the performance and audio capability. Also Seananners uses it.

I broke my headset, this is what i'm saving for.

The vengeance may look nive however audio tecnica has always had my heart with the ATHM50s with their superior audio. i haven't ever tried the gaming headset but i feel as if it will blow my expectations out of the water in the performance and audio capability. Also Seananners uses it.

you sir, got ripped off :dumb: dat stereo sound on $199 headset and the mic quality is not so good. :dumb:

razer-kraken-forged-edition-gallery-04.p

Kraken Forged :dave:

Razer are like beats, you pay for the name. Yet they are still better than beats :dave:

you sir, got ripped off :dumb: dat stereo sound on $199 headset and the mic quality is not so good. :dumb:

Gabe, do you have any idea who Audio-Technica even is? I'm guessing the best audio company you've ever heard of is beats. :dumb: 

Anyways, Audio-Technica creates PRODUCER level headphones. They're not meant for gaming, they're meant for producing and what not. I just got a pair of in-ears on saturday, and they are by far the best headphones I have ever owned. Mine were $100, 50% off on amazon, got em for $50 instead. :3 I've also used Bose MIE2's, and these are cheaper and blow the Bose' out of the water. And you can say "stereo" sound all you want, headphones don't have surround sound. And I swear to god, I don't care HOW good your plantronics are, the sound quality of those will NEVER EVER in a million years stack up to a pair of producer headphones like Audio-Technicas, AKG, Sennheiser, and those like it. And before you say, "Oh you've never tried mine" yes, I have. I have friends who have the Trtion headsets, the super high-end Turtle Beaches, I've tried Astros, I've tried the Plantronics, I've tried Logitechs, I've tried Razers. Don't get me wrong, those headphones are ALL really good. However, the sound quality isn't nearly as good as the ones Grezwal has. Actually, the M50's are the only Over-Ear headphones I've tried from Audio Techncia, and I was blown away. So really, who cares. You can understand what he's saying, and it's not all static-y, so who cares? To me, it's all about sound quality. You can have a super good mic but you can't hear crap. 

//Sorry for rant. ;__;

I have the same headsets as Darmuh. they are pretty amazing

I have the same headsets as Darmuh. they are pretty amazing

I have have same and i approve.