Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lossy

Notepad++ CoD4 plugin

28 posts in this topic

Since some of you are still roaming for the notepad++ cod4 plugin made by i searched through my files and noticed i still had some

How to install:

1. Copy codscript.xml and codmenu.xml to Notepad++ installation then plugins folder

2. Open Notepad++

3. Click 'Define your language...' from 'Language' menu

4. Window should pop up, click 'Import...'

5. Import codscript.xml and import codmenu.xml one at a time

6. Restart Notepad++

7. Open a .gsc or .menu file in Notepad++

8. Select 'CODSCRIPT' or 'CODMENU' from 'Language' menu

All credits goto , i take none of it. So if he replies give him mass upvotes.

Wow this is just going to be magic for current people who script gsc :o

Wow this is just going to be magic for current people who script gsc :o

It was magic back when I first got it lol

I use sublime and use the MENU and GSC that I found but thanks could use it if I ever go back to Notepad++ :D

fuck, had just made my own >.<

Edit: If you guys want I can add things from mine to the one by bear and post it here, mine has a few more keywords added but bear's is much more visually pleasing

When I hit user-defined nothing happens, but if I go; Settings --> import ; a window pops up but it's in the wrong place :/ Which folder should I be putting these files in?

EDIT: If anyone else has this then a clean install should fix

fuck, had just made my own >.<

Edit: If you guys want I can add things from mine to the one by bear and post it here, mine has a few more keywords added but bear's is much more visually pleasing

My keywords are from the wordfile.txt in cod4/bin so I blame IW for any missing keywords  :angryarnold: (unless the keywords are for your 1.7 version  :ph34r:)

Just gib me the keywords and I'll add them w/o changing the visuals  :sir:

When I hit user-defined nothing happens, but if I go; Settings --> import ; a window pops up but it's in the wrong place :/ Which folder should I be putting these files in?

EDIT: If anyone else has this then a clean install should fix

Make sure your Notepad++ version is 6.3 or newer.

I have my files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\

Extract the files, open Notepad++, go to 'Language' -> 'Define your language...', click 'Import' and select the codscript.xml and codmenu.xml one at a time. Restart Notepad++ and they should appear in the 'Language' menu.

'Language' -> 'Define your language...' -> select CODSCRIPT/CODMENU -> click the 'Styler' buttons to change colours.

'Language' -> 'Define your language...' -> select CODSCRIPT/CODMENU -> click the 'Styler' buttons to change colours.

Ok thanks

Btw for those of you that can't be bothered to write things like 'iPrintLnBold' and just want to write 'iprintlnbold' you can open up the .xml and change

caseIgnored="no"
to
 caseIgnored="yes"

Btw for those of you that can't be bothered to write things like 'iPrintLnBold' and just want to write 'iprintlnbold' you can open up the .xml and change

caseIgnored="no"
to
 caseIgnored="yes"

Those who can't be bothered to keep their scripts readable and clean should immeadiately uninstall Notepad++ along with any mod tools :angryarnold:

Those who can't be bothered to keep their scripts readable and clean should immeadiately uninstall Notepad++ along with any mod tools :angryarnold:

Js, all my scripts are properly done now, but I used to have everything in lowercase :dumb: so this might be useful to other people :/ Tryna help here

Teaching people a bad habit is not helping :angryarnold: ARGH!

I was trying to help by forcing it case sensitive :okay:

Teaching people a bad habit is not helping :angryarnold: ARGH!

I was trying to help by forcing it case sensitive :okay:

Sorry babe

it is cod4 syntax highlighting for notepad++, not a plugin to open .menu files from decompiled fastfiles :dUMB:

Wtf?

Got this . . .

licb-i-6f49.png

You cannot decompile menus from fast file :dumb:

PM me :dave:

You cannot decompile menus from fast file :dumb:

PM me :dave:

inb4 sells sources to him

inb4 sells sources to him

funny thing is, that it's actually illegal to sell the sources :dave:

new maps, missions, game levels, environments and/or other related game materials for personal use in and with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (the “New Game Materials”).
 You agree that, as a condition to your using the Program Utilities, you will not use or allow third parties to use the Program Utilities and/or the New Game Materials created by you for any commercial purposes, including, but not limited to, selling, renting, leasing, licensing, distributing, or otherwise transferring the ownership of the Program Utilities or the New Game Materials, whether on a stand alone basis or packaged in combination with the New Game Materials created by others, through any and all distribution channels, including, without limitation, retail sales and on-line electronic distribution.  You agree not to solicit, initiate or encourage any proposal or offer from any person or entity to create any New Game Materials for commercial distribution. You agree to promptly inform Activision in writing of any instances of your receipt of any such proposal or offer.

Pretty sad how people even buy "scripts", they're just betting on making an income :dumb:

it is cod4 syntax highlighting for notepad++, not a plugin to open .menu files from decompiled fastfiles :dumb:

And how to open decompiled .menu files ?