1. 1. Name of the map

• Frozen
    • Frozenland
    • Arctic
    • Freezy
    • Freezezone
    • Wonderland
    • Winter

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

97 posts in this topic

there's no vote for mp_dr_winter  :rage:

its there now :p

Should have an ice lake with a translucent bluey texture and place loads of dead bodies that have been frozen beneath it :dave:

its hard finding a good texture :c

Can someone spell check poll artic to "Arctic" thanks.

u happy now? c:

its hard finding a good texture :c

Then add a custom texture! it's not very hard, all of my textures are custom on Cheeserun :wub:

I have been looking on google, and its hard to find a good one, and Im terrible at making myself, and I already have a custom texture for slidy effect :P

Also, does anyone have any ideas for what can trap I can use instead of the ice thingy at spawn? before the spikes and the bounce (kinda have the same trap at the bridge, excpet the slidy texture)

Updated first video

Gonna make the igloo look better

Does anyone know why the water is red, but blue close up? (dont want the red)

and does anyone have any trap ideas for the bridge and right and left of the geysir?

Damn those slide rooms look fun but you should add a lot more jumps and ramps going downhill to make it longer.

Updated first video

Gonna make the igloo look better

Does anyone know why the water is red, but blue close up? (dont want the red)

and does anyone have any trap ideas for the bridge and right and left of the geysir?

Add a reflection probe (if you have already, add another in that area).

Deagle room looks really nice but I think people might just shoot each other right after they've spawned so you should add some debris or a wall in the middle (make it looked good ofc :>)

Slide and Jump are really short, I hope you were on planning on extending them :s

Slide should have more obstacles and you should be able to get bonuses like speed boosts and xp?

Jump is awesome, you should have more jumps in the slide and actually make it quite hard (space them out). You could also add a little platforming at the end you have to do to get to the activator/runner.

Oh and one last thing, with Old you should make a path appear or something rather than just teleporting so people know where they go.

Suggestions:

Improve the old way, at the moment the acti will just camp the teleport and kill all jumper, make a route towards the activator like the first maps, but this means making your map a bit more spread out.

Slide room is a bit meh and looks like you can never fail it

Jump room is pretty much slide room and looks like you can never fail it

Improve the lighting on your map, makes your map look kinda ugly & annoying

The bounce at the second trap looks too easy and the makes the trap useless, either remove the trap or bounce.

Deagle room, if player falls off and teleport back, freeze them for like 0.1 second otherwise they're just going to keep falling off like you did in your video (and damn i hate it when mappers don't do this shit, it fucks you over big time)

freezecontrols (true);

wait .1;

freezecontrlls (false);

SIMPLES!

Fix the terrian fails :>

Add more stuff outside the map, idunno a forest or some shit and make the snow go up so you can't see the edge of the map.

Damn those slide rooms look fun but you should add a lot more jumps and ramps going downhill to make it longer.

The one slide (Slide room) was a lot longer, but the map wouldnt compile :c

Suggestions:

Improve the old way, at the moment the acti will just camp the teleport and kill all jumper, make a route towards the activator like the first maps, but this means making your map a bit more spread out.

The bounce at the second trap looks too easy and the makes the trap useless, either remove the trap or bounce.

Deagle room, if player falls off and teleport back, freeze them for like 0.1 second otherwise they're just going to keep falling off like you did in your video (and damn i hate it when mappers don't do this shit, it fucks you over big time)

freezecontrols (true);

wait .1;

freezecontrlls (false);

SIMPLES!

Add more stuff outside the map, idunno a forest or some shit and make the snow go up so you can't see the edge of the map.

allright, ill try, and in slide room where it says press F it makes the last "ramp" for the activator disapear (depends who press it)

Oh and the reason the bounce looks easy is becuase I havent bothered to change the speed to normal when i do devmap, with normal speed its harder

If you want I'll help with scenery outside the map   :rolleyes:

That'd be great :D

Suggestions:

freezecontrols (true);

wait .1;

freezecontrlls (false);

SIMPLES!

I think that adding fog or smoke or something around the perimiter of the map would be good, that way you cant see the outside of the map and it flows.

Can this map have a skiing race room? Or a snowball fight  :ph34r:

Can this map have a skiing race room? Or a snowball fight :ph34r:

It would be a really great map! I would be soooo happy :]

Updated video

Trashed slide room and replaced it with a highrise/twitch endgame (still working on it)

Theres a bug in the jump room, so the players cant see each other, thats why its so wierd atm, been trying to fix it

Added a little gate as old instead of a teleporter

If anyone could help me out with adding sounds to my map, for endgames and a trap, thatd be great, having problems with the soundalias thingy

Updated video

Trashed slide room and replaced it with a highrise/twitch endgame (still working on it)

Theres a bug in the jump room, so the players cant see each other, thats why its so wierd atm, been trying to fix it

Added a little gate as old instead of a teleporter

If anyone could help me out with adding sounds to my map, for endgames and a trap, thatd be great, having problems with the soundalias thingy

Xfire me, i'll help you out

New room looks sweet man :3

I love the gate for old as well xD

I also like in the deagle room that you can die but I think you should script it so activators can't kill themselves there. Like the trigger hurt is if.player = runner die if.player = activator teleport or whatever scripting looks like ;s

1771056e9c5928a91710a39512987f33.png

Not sure if it's meant to be like that, you can add a new brush and add verts and drag it so it fills it up, it's hard to explain so here's a video by blackjackjohnnyy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAHzbE5FkxE

Wasnt planning on releasing it like that, just havent bothered to fix it yet :P

and thx for link :)

in the deagle room, does it kill the activator as well?

And also the traps in the self activating bit are really slow, you should speed them up.

Hmm.. about the endrooms.

Here is my list :Dave::

1. A endroom with stormfight with bazooka's
  2. Frozen water fight, you go in a hole and swim to each other and fight with what ever
  3. Snowbal fight what Headdy said xD
  4. Escaping the avalanche
  5. Tank fight in a storm

This was my list :>

Do a trap where the players are passing through a passage and there are icicles on top of them, and when it's activated the icicles fall into them.