Sentrex

[WIP] mp_dr_oxidation

Map Name   19 members have voted

1. 1. What should I name this map?

• rundown
    • oxidation
    • rust
    • other (suggest below and I'll add it here)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

36 posts in this topic

Hello there, proudly presenting a work-in-progress of my new upcoming map "oxidation".

Granted I'm not very far into the making of this map, I'm going for quality over quantity so it may turn out to be a fairly small map. 

I'm thinking of doing 2 more rooms however I'm stuck for ideas so any suggestions would be great!

I was planning on not doing a WIP for this map and releasing it as a surprise map for Raid but due to my lack of imagination I've decided it's probably best for the map.

Oh, and this will be Raid only :troll:

The video makes the map look very dark, it's slightly brighter in-game.

VERY nice map i like it. The bridge idea was amazing. Nice work with those scripts too! Maybe you could add a monkey bar type trap? That would be interesting. ropes that you in theory *swing* across. Very nice!

Well, as the title suggests, it's a rundown factory

The theme is great, but so far the traps are just falling platform (Granted, in a more unique way) and explosives 

It's best to work on amazing traps and layout first, then focus on theme/details ^^

Your last transition (Jumpers going through the vent system) opens up a large sum of available areas and possibilities 

Going to spoiler this since it's going to be rather long ^^

Jumpers could fall into the office areas then make their way cross (Or around) while avoiding traps such as faulty computers, rolling broken wheelchairs, etc... Transition out of this section could be in the boss's office through the safe in his wall or by reaching an elevator. Activator area could be whatever you want. Maybe a secret passage for the boss that leads to his office, but blocked off by a desk or something to avoid jumpers getting him

Jumpers could fall into the incinerator room and have to make their way out in time before 'dying from the heat'. They would have to jump from pipe to pipe (platforms) and attempt to either reach the top to make it out or the employee maintenance door. Traps would consist of heating up the pipes when jumpers are on causing damage or (getting a bit retro and silly here) flames could jump up and down between the pipes. If realistic is higher up on the list, could be a normal burst of flames or be damaging smoke rising from before. Activator area could be maintenance room/hallway leading around

Jumpers could fall in a freezer that kept power (Other gears appear to be turning). Jumpers will have to move forward, turn, and move back to reach the exit (Such as this |```| ). Surface could be a slide if you want, would have it seems more authentic :P. This can lead for traps such as: Hooks coming and and ''trapping'' jumpers, then killing them. Certain spots having water, and once activated, freezes and kills the jumpers, falling ice picks from the ceiling, and so forth. Transition out of this section could be just through the opening door or by a slide if you wish to get silly. Activator area could be same as before, but with slightly more blue texture as well as having to slide on it as well.

Jumpers could fall down through the workshop and still have actively powered tools. Usually, workshops are in a straight line, so feel free to change layout if you wish. Traps would include power saws revving up and coming off the tables at jumpers, tool racks falling down on jumpers, wood-chipper sucking jumpers in, electrical faulty equipment, activator having a nail gun and shooting jumpers, etc... Transition could be through a broken machine (such as a broken wood-chipper), through a window, or simply a door/hole in the wall. Activator could be outside on hangers (if you want to mix it up a bit then have him use a ladder leading to the roof and back inside) or in the place he/she was previously.

Jumpers could fall (long fall) into the waste section of the factory. Many ways this sort of layout can be, from a straight line to diagonal zig zag. Believe would appear best if jumpers fall into a large room that is the waste disposal. They would be fairly close to the end where (of waste disposal) where the pipe lead into the ocean and would have to fight the ''current'' and move through back to the start of the waste disposal or some other form of escape. Anyways, traps would include: Rising water to drown jumpers, large junk flowing through hurting or killing jumpers on contact, sub dividing pipes that suck jumpers down and kill them, etc... Transition out of this section could be by a maintenance ladder, going through a small opened gate door to the cargo bay, or by going through an always activated slamming metal gate/barrier/door. Activator area could be in the middle against the wall activating traps from there (Like a management room overlooking waste and making sure every thing goes accordingly) then just head back by normal or other means.

Jumpers could fall into development and testing section of the factory, where they will have to survive and make their way through deadly and abandoned creations. Layout of this could be up, across, then up and ( | - | ). Traps could include moving lasers from a wrecked machine, floor collapsing from a machine slamming it (Deals damage to jumpers near by it), activator could control a moving bot/machine (Like UFO in Twitch, but closer to ground), etc... Tansition out of this section could be by climbing a robot/machine to escape or using one of the default laser to blow a barrier out of the way so they can proceed and escape. Activator area could be a metal railing up to the side that overlooks the progression of the jumpers.

Just a few ideas

Anyways, looks better than I remembered (Prefer it darker)

Hope it turn out great ^^

Jumpers could fall into the office areas then make their way cross (Or around) while avoiding traps such as faulty computers, rolling broken wheelchairs, etc... Transition out of this section could be in the boss's office through the safe in his wall or by reaching an elevator. Activator area could be whatever you want. Maybe a secret passage for the boss that leads to his office, but blocked off by a desk or something to avoid jumpers getting him

Jumpers could fall into the incinerator room and have to make their way out in time before 'dying from the heat'. They would have to jump from pipe to pipe (platforms) and attempt to either reach the top to make it out or the employee maintenance door. Traps would consist of heating up the pipes when jumpers are on causing damage or (getting a bit retro and silly here) flames could jump up and down between the pipes. If realistic is higher up on the list, could be a normal burst of flames or be damaging smoke rising from before. Activator area could be maintenance room/hallway leading around

Jumpers could fall in a freezer that kept power (Other gears appear to be turning). Jumpers will have to move forward, turn, and move back to reach the exit (Such as this |```| ). Surface could be a slide if you want, would have it seems more authentic :P. This can lead for traps such as: Hooks coming and and ''trapping'' jumpers, then killing them. Certain spots having water, and once activated, freezes and kills the jumpers, falling ice picks from the ceiling, and so forth. Transition out of this section could be just through the opening door or by a slide if you wish to get silly. Activator area could be same as before, but with slightly more blue texture as well as having to slide on it as well.

Jumpers could fall down through the workshop and still have actively powered tools. Usually, workshops are in a straight line, so feel free to change layout if you wish. Traps would include power saws revving up and coming off the tables at jumpers, tool racks falling down on jumpers, wood-chipper sucking jumpers in, electrical faulty equipment, activator having a nail gun and shooting jumpers, etc... Transition could be through a broken machine (such as a broken wood-chipper), through a window, or simply a door/hole in the wall. Activator could be outside on hangers (if you want to mix it up a bit then have him use a ladder leading to the roof and back inside) or in the place he/she was previously.

Jumpers could fall (long fall) into the waste section of the factory. Many ways this sort of layout can be, from a straight line to diagonal zig zag. Believe would appear best if jumpers fall into a large room that is the waste disposal. They would be fairly close to the end where (of waste disposal) where the pipe lead into the ocean and would have to fight the ''current'' and move through back to the start of the waste disposal or some other form of escape. Anyways, traps would include: Rising water to drown jumpers, large junk flowing through hurting or killing jumpers on contact, sub dividing pipes that suck jumpers down and kill them, etc... Transition out of this section could be by a maintenance ladder, going through a small opened gate door to the cargo bay, or by going through an always activated slamming metal gate/barrier/door. Activator area could be in the middle against the wall activating traps from there (Like a management room overlooking waste and making sure every thing goes accordingly) then just head back by normal or other means.

Jumpers could fall into development and testing section of the factory, where they will have to survive and make their way through deadly and abandoned creations. Layout of this could be up, across, then up and ( | - | ). Traps could include moving lasers from a wrecked machine, floor collapsing from a machine slamming it (Deals damage to jumpers near by it), activator could control a moving bot/machine (Like UFO in Twitch, but closer to ground), etc... Tansition out of this section could be by climbing a robot/machine to escape or using one of the default laser to blow a barrier out of the way so they can proceed and escape. Activator area could be a metal railing up to the side that overlooks the progression of the jumpers.

Just a few ideas

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Map looks great so far, I hope you finish it!

I wonder if BraXi will find something to bitch about with your map too :troll: 

Oh man I love this map, sorry I couldn't help with it :s

And btw, oxidation was a much better name.

Map looks great so far, I hope you finish it!

I wonder if BraXi will find something to bitch about with your map too :troll:

Understand that you're joking, but please try to avoid arguments or conflicts

Understood it happen with your map thread, which you didn't deserve, but please don't start another one in someone else's

And btw, oxidation was a much better name.

I decided there's far too many uneducated kids that don't understand what it means D:

EDIT: Will change back if people prefer it

Thank you everyone for all the kind words! Don't hesitate to mention any ideas you have ;)

Map looks really great Sentrex, keep up the great work :3

rundown doesn't relate to you map and people will think rust is mw2 rust.

rundown doesn't relate to you map

Well, the place is pretty rundown..

people will think rust is mw2 rust.

That had crossed my mind :/

Got any suggestions?

There's already a deathrun map called rust ya'know :P

I thought dirt was called rust for some reason.

I like oxidation cuz I know what it means and it makes me feel smart. And it works thematically on top of that.

Edited by Twix

You know maybe i'm just crazy, but wouldn't it be cool if instead of putting lame triggers to press F on you make all of the traps something the activator has to shoot?

It'd make activating a bit more of a challenge (since you have to aim) but would also make it new and interesting. You can make loads of traps for the activator to find and shoot to activate.

Only problems you'd have to deal with is shooting jumpers (this can be fixed in multiple ways) as well as nub activators essentially giving free if they are new. For the second one, you could probably solve this by making it old only unless (x) amount of traps are activated.

Anyway, nice work so far PM me if you need any help with anything script-side.

Sentrex, activators could find pieces and build traps!

So for the exploding trap, you need to find oil and a box of matches.

Sentrex, activators could find pieces and build traps!

So for the exploding trap, you need to find oil and a box of matches.

It's meant to be easy for the activator to activate the traps right? In the time people do that half the jumpers will have passed :')

you could probably solve this by making it old only unless (x) amount of traps are activated.

I think you've read my mind o.O

You know maybe i'm just crazy, but wouldn't it be cool if instead of putting lame triggers to press F on you make all of the traps something the activator has to shoot?

I actually really like this idea, might try it out and see how it plays!

As a old mapper, this map will take hits if you make 3 more rooms in place of 2 more :D

But maybe a outside factory in the map aswell? where you need to run/ walk in pipes? and then you come inside again where you need to avoid big machines :3

not bad enough to tell you to go have a great day, go have a great day :troll: