siikdude

[WIP] mp_dr_freedom

55 posts in this topic

Hi, I made a loadscreen that you could use.

hWVXy17.jpg

That actually looks pretty good. Matches the map's theme. I would use it if this was my map  :P

But let's see what Siikdude thinks about it  ;)

DvsbXlR.png

srsly, add a screenshot of your map in there somewhere....

PiJ2WBW.jpg

I fear now that the screenshot is too distracting from the flag.

PiJ2WBW.jpg

:facepalm:

PiJ2WBW.jpg

From a scale to 1 to 10 I would give it a 6/10

Also what do you think Siikdude about this loadscreen? 

Try centring the image, or rather don't just use an american flag as a background but use the image of your map as a background and put the american flag on it, And try get a birds eye view or some angled view of map, all i see is a chopper and activation button x) But of course that's my opinion.

I facepalmed because literally just took a picture and stuck it on there

Try centring the image, or rather don't just use an american flag as a background but use the image of your map as a background and put the american flag on it, And try get a birds eye view or some angled view of map, all i see is a chopper and activation button x) But of course that's my opinion.

I facepalmed because literally just took a picture and stuck it on there

Lel its my map btw.

Lel its my map btw.

But of course that's my opinion.

Don't jump to the conclusion as if i didn't say/know it wasn't XD opinions are opinions.

Don't jump to the conclusion as if i didn't say/know it wasn't XD opinions are opinions.

No what I meant was this is my map and not Elk's xD. You replied saying it was his map

No what I meant was this is my map and not Elk's xD. You replied saying it was his map

my bad x), i'm sure you would of seen my point if i were to said it was your map and you made your comment. Sorry didn't mean to put it as his map ^^

I'm loving the feel of the map that the world is burning down and you finally have freedom :D

You could add smoke and mountains in the distance to improve the atmosphere though.

Also, the end in my opinion is a little out of place. The tiny platforms before the button and stupid and don't fit in and the bounce is floating too and just looks super out of place (especially with the overused texture).

Lastly, make the boulder fall quicker, it's a bit weird how slow it is but the FX when it hits is superb!

That's all I have to say for the moment, I love the map so far, can't wait :D

That's all I have to say for the moment, I love the map so far, can't wait :D

MAJOR EDIT: Unless I can recover My Old HDD this map is gone. Map will not be updated any further.

ya gunn be waiting for a long time :dave:

MAJOR EDIT: Unless I can recover My Old HDD this map is gone. Map will not be updated any further.

ya gunn be waiting for a long time :dave:

didn't see that, put it at the top of the post XD

I still have my old HDD. Im not sure if it really died or not. BIOS didnt detect it and when I put in a new HDD it did so idk. Cba right now to see if the HDD actually died or not xD. If it did really die then I will install mod tools again on my laptop thats coming tomorrow. 

Update: Yep my HDD is dead. May get back into mapping soon.

Update: Yep my HDD is dead. May get back into mapping soon.

Get Hirens Boot and check there if your HDD is dead or not, otherwise make a backup if ain't dead