Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rescue Fox

Help me Choose

78 posts in this topic

I see so many things wrong in this thread, I'm going insane. ;__;

What BraXi said is correct, 500W is perfectly fine, the Gold rating will keep your CPU efficient as well. 

Sorry Bosnian, I've sorta learned to ignore you on most of your PC advice, most of it is awful. Maybe something gets lost in the translation. ;__;

As for your Motherboard, I recommend getting a different one. Don't get an H chipset. I have an H67 in mine, and I never really realized how much better I could have done until I plugged it in. My computer runs beautifully, but I hear about people who use the Z87 chipset instead for their 3rd-generation intel CPU's and I heard it really improves it. But, I could be wrong, just my experience. 

Your RAM is nice, 2x4 is better with Dual-Channel like BraXi said. 

Uhh, if you could put all of these into a PCPartPicker link, it would be much easier than trying to piece together 4-5 different screenshots with different parts on each. If you can do that, I'll try to help some more.

Shit mobo for i5, PSU is waayyy too strong, get 500W, gold+, it's better to get 2x4GB ram (dual channel) than 1x8GB.

I dont think the mobo will matter unless he plans on doing major upgrading

@siik, the mobo matters quite a lot actually. The motherboard determines your RAM speed, the kind of CPU you can put in, and the chipset. Different chipsets are optimized for different tasks, so it can greatly effect what you're doing. There's a reason it's called the "mother"board. Your WHOLE computer connects to it and it's the central piece of your whole PC. 

I see so many things wrong in this thread, I'm going insane. ;__;

What BraXi said is correct, 500W is perfectly fine, the Gold rating will keep your CPU efficient as well. 

Sorry Bosnian, I've sorta learned to ignore you on most of your PC advice, most of it is awful. Maybe something gets lost in the translation. ;__;

As for your Motherboard, I recommend getting a different one. Don't get an H chipset. I have an H67 in mine, and I never really realized how much better I could have done until I plugged it in. My computer runs beautifully, but I hear about people who use the Z87 chipset instead for their 3rd-generation intel CPU's and I heard it really improves it. But, I could be wrong, just my experience. 

Your RAM is nice, 2x4 is better with Dual-Channel like BraXi said. 

Uhh, if you could put all of these into a PCPartPicker link, it would be much easier than trying to piece together 4-5 different screenshots with different parts on each. If you can do that, I'll try to help some more.

Here ya go -->Click<--

35ebceabf4f24c1c6d9d6be91e83eb75.png

Also the custom is my case... It wasn't on the list :I

@siik, the mobo matters quite a lot actually. The motherboard determines your RAM speed, the kind of CPU you can put in, and the chipset. Different chipsets are optimized for different tasks, so it can greatly effect what you're doing. There's a reason it's called the "mother"board. Your WHOLE computer connects to it and it's the central piece of your whole PC.

FFS Cat you think I don't know all of this? :dumb: Im just saying if he doesn't want to spend more money. I know this mobo could hold his cpu. His ram speed though idk but I'm sure it could use all of the ram's speed.

Torrent the OS, I'm talking about a dvd drive for installing drivers to parts because each part always has 1 or 2 discs you'll need to install them. I installed my OS via USB, I'd suggest the same unless you already have a windows disc laying around.

You don't need a DVD drivet o install os, you can move the files to a USB to install drivers.

Source: I didn't bother getting a dvd driver and that's how i did it.

Also why you getting a "super clocked" gtx 760? just get the original it will last longer and will be able to play like almost any game at 60fps on high settings but im not a expert what a "super clocked" gtx would do.

Also ignore everyone saying buy the os, you can just get windows loader and get a legit key from that, i can give you the files for that if you want after you install windows OS. So you don't download some malware.

You don't need a DVD drivet o install os, you can move the files to a USB to install drivers.

Source: I didn't bother getting a dvd driver and that's how i did it.

Also why you getting a "super clocked" gtx 760? just get the original it will last longer and will be able to play like almost any game at 60fps on high settings but im not a expert what a "super clocked" gtx would do.

Also ignore everyone saying buy the os, you can just get windows loader and get a legit key from that, i can give you the files for that if you want after you install windows OS. So you don't download some malware.

Trust me, wasn't even thinking of buying an OS xD and I've decided to go without the DVD driver as well

Here, try this.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xmGpzy

I switched out the mobo, don't remember if I switched anything else because I did this earlier and my dad was yelling to get off the comp before I could post it. ;__;

Hopefully it's still within your price budget as well. 

Here, try this.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xmGpzy

I switched out the mobo, don't remember if I switched anything else because I did this earlier and my dad was yelling to get off the comp before I could post it. ;__;

Hopefully it's still within your price budget as well. 

Yup, the price is doable! thanks for the help c:

Get a mobo with H97 or Z97 chipset, (Z97 prefeered) and I found you one bang-for-buck mobo that has the newest chip MSI Z97 PC Mate which should be just fine and let you OC when ,K' CPU is installed.

Pros:

• Crossfire / SLI
  • Z97 chipset with support for latest Haswell-Refresh CPUs
  • Overclocking ability (although you dont have K cpu.. but it can still come in handy)
  • Lots of SATA 3 ports, supports RAID
  • Great BIOS
  • 8-phase CPU power
  • Up to 32GB ram
  • Supports ram up to DDR3-3000Mhz
  • Decent features for a low price

Cons:

• Lacks SATA Express and/or M.2 slot (although you can install PCI-E expansion card to SATA Express/M.2)
  • It's a damn full ATX size, you'll need a big case

You decide.

Get a mobo with H97 or Z97 chipset, (Z97 prefeered) and I found you one bang-for-buck mobo that has the newest chip MSI Z97 PC Mate which should be just fine and let you OC when ,K' CPU is installed.

Pros:

• Crossfire / SLI
  • Z97 chipset with support for latest Haswell-Refresh CPUs
  • Overclocking ability (although you dont have K cpu.. but it can still come in handy)
  • Lots of SATA 3 ports, supports RAID
  • Great BIOS
  • 8-phase CPU power
  • Up to 32GB ram
  • Supports ram up to DDR3-3000Mhz
  • Decent features for a low price

Cons:

• Lacks SATA Express and/or M.2 slot (although you can install PCI-E expansion card to SATA Express/M.2)
  • It's a damn full ATX size, you'll need a big case

You decide.

Ehh It's a bit more and too big (I would have to getr a new case) Do you think the mobo cat picked out would be okay? http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z87g41pcmate

But the mobos me and cat proposed are the same size :facepalm:

Oh...... xD sorry about that, I'll try and make do with that price

But the mobos me and cat proposed are the same size :facepalm:

If I need to switch to a full tower I donbt think I can do it :/ Could you maybe help me find a mobo that could fit in a mid tower? :/

:facepalm: Just did some research and found out an ATX mobo could fit in a mid-tower Case

*UPDATE*

Okay here's my build so far, this is probably the final product.

It's a hundred dollars over my budget but I can probably sneak by it! 

Tell me what you guys think! Also thank you very much to everyone who has helped me with my ascension to the master race! (You know who you are :p)

Well here's the build!

d48368004ee8a0ee8d7112a64aa2272f.png

This question is referred more towards @BraXi, the Motherboard you suggested has AMD Crossfire support, but I don't see any support for SLI? (For those who don't know, SLI/AMD Crossfire are the technologies implemented by nVidia and AMD to allow for multiple graphics cards to be used wihin the same machine). Braxi, I'm not sure if it matters, but does a motherboard with Crossfire Support automatically also have SLI support? Also, since you have a 760 you don't need to SLI anyways, but it's just a precaution in case you ever do feel the need to(which you shouldn't).

Braxi, I'm not sure if it matters, but does a motherboard with Crossfire Support automatically also have SLI support?

Yeah, it's just not advertised, mobos don't have "crossfire" driver or anything, graphic drivers implement it as long as there are enough PCI-E lanes (and in this case there are enough to install 2 GPUs)...

Never heard of this psu manufacturer "LEPA" :dumb: if its made in china, it ll blow up sooner or later :dumb: how about a seasonic 500w gold psu? :sir:

In general xfx is a good manufacturer but i dunno about ts series, im sure ya can find more about their reliability with a quick googling :dave: i cba on mobile

A bad psu can destroy yar whole build, but its not like it blows up the first time ya turn it on, it cud take months or even years before it goes kaboom. And ya, its possible it never fails but why gamble with yar expensive build when ya could get a reliable psu with just a few extra $$$ :sponge:

EDIT: also make sure the psu is not too big for yar case! :angryarnold:

In general xfx is a good manufacturer but i dunno about ts series, im sure ya can find more about their reliability with a quick googling :dave: i cba on mobile

A bad psu can destroy yar whole build, but its not like it blows up the first time ya turn it on, it cud take months or even years before it goes kaboom. And ya, its possible it never fails but why gamble with yar expensive build when ya could get a reliable psu with just a few extra $$$ :sponge:

EDIT: also make sure the psu is not too big for yar case! :angryarnold:

Its a ATX Psu you noob. Ofc it would fit in his case :dumb: