rednose

[WIP] mp_chernobyl

75 posts in this topic

Holy mother of God. :motherofgod:

Cause his PC isn't as shit as yours. :dave:

but still :Dave:

but still :dave:

1) Learn to not quote whole posts.

2) A decent PC can easily handle that in Radiant, yours could handle it with Cubic Clipping enabled.

Now ontopic to discuss this beaty of a map. :motherofgod:

This map... is just... wow. All those models and detail, I can't imagine myself importing like 10k prefabs =o 

Good work, Rednose  :lol:

has nothing to do with his pc, it's called hitting ctrl+\...

Guys it's called foliage :dave:

Super excited for this, detail looks insane, how long has this taken o.o

Guys it's called foliage :dave:

Super excited for this, detail looks insane, how long has this taken o.o

Tsq2H.jpg

Seems how he posted it 3 months ago as a wip i'd say probably 5 now

Would you pretty please add some spawnpoints for the modernpaintball custom gametypes so Paintball servers can use them for custom gamemodes like Team StrongArm and such? :)

Map looks absolutely epic, about time somebody showed some real mapping around here for high quality TDM maps and such. Welcome to the forums as well, now all we need is IZartaXI :s

Even my radiant lags with this kind of size, cause you can have the best pc for that but radiant has its limits too.

I hope to meet all requirements with spawnpoints and gametypes :D

Map overall was started beginning this year but the .map file exists since January 2011, so the idea was there for a long time.

U9xNhU8.jpg

This was the map 3 years ago (Originally made for a mod called "Baserace" but never finished):

OU9lhHq.jpg

HW8u4gh.jpg

eq3ZwRZ.jpg

o3qKAwv.jpg

FHsTD2P.jpg

I'm wondering why his radiant doesn't lag :dave:

Maybe he has a decent PC? 

Or maybe because even my ancient [2003/2004 era] PC didn't lag with "Cull distance/Clipping" enabled in radiant ;_;

When you've finished this map you should definitely apply for some game design company and show all your best work (assuming you haven't done / aren't a part of one at the moment).

Your attention to detail just blows my mind... If I could map like this, I'd feel privileged... looks prooooooo :lol:

When you've finished this map you should definitely apply for some game design company and show all your best work (assuming you haven't done / aren't a part of one at the moment).

Your attention to detail just blows my mind... If I could map like this, I'd feel privileged... looks prooooooo :lol:

Don't get me wrong but.. It's a nice looking map and I like it.. but it's just not good enough in terms of gameplay flow and detail according to 2014 standards...

@BraXi (My quote thing seems to be bugged)

What other way can anyone show their game design skills in this community? The only released mapping tool for Call of Duty is CoD4, well, and CoD WaW but that's buggy as hell. There are probably other things for other games, I don't know, and also game engines like Unity 3D, but I am sure if he sent his work in, they might ask him to do something, a particular task perhaps (a challenge) and if he can do it, then he has a chance or something.

Obviously you know more about me about the different types of available game engines, but that's just my view on things. I am not as experienced in this stuff, I just really do like the looks of this map :3

CoD WaW , there's lots of people there  and even a large community for zombie mapping . 

And not everyone could join a gaming company because he knows how to make a detailed map 

@BraXi (My quote thing seems to be bugged)

What other way can anyone show their game design skills in this community? The only released mapping tool for Call of Duty is CoD4, well, and CoD WaW but that's buggy as hell. There are probably other things for other games, I don't know, and also game engines like Unity 3D, but I am sure if he sent his work in, they might ask him to do something, a particular task perhaps (a challenge) and if he can do it, then he has a chance or something.

You are usually given a few concept arts and a 2D drawning of layout and your job is to make map based on given information (there are some *special* points marked on these drawnings which you have to make with an extreme detail). They don't only test your ability to add details (not mentioning optimalization etc) put into the map, but your ability to stick to guidelines, your imagination, and your knowledge of tools. That's the most common example of how Level Designers are hired... :dave:

Edit:

Raven's "Design Test":  http://www.ravensoftware.com/careers/designtest/ They use CoD4 radiant for this test :dave:

PS. Most of the designs test use Valve's Hammer or Epic's UDK.

Edited by BraXi

Didn't know that Design Test, nice. But well the deadline is over :D

How do you know how the flow of my map is braxi, you never played it?

Didn't know that Design Test, nice. But well the deadline is over :D

shes just jelly :Sir:

Judging from screenshots :dave:

PbxDNBl.jpg

TCs8j1H.jpg

It's a nice sniping map, but not so good for team play. I MAY BE WRONG! I haven't seen minimap shot of the map.

braxi you're red lines mean nothing because nobody plays as badly as you :dumb:

you don't need much cover, if you want to be hidden everywhere by boxes ghosts has some pretty bad maps :>

c4ApQA2.jpg

braxi you're red lines mean nothing because nobody plays as badly as you :dumb:

you don't need much cover, if you want to be hidden everywhere by boxes ghosts has some pretty bad maps :>

c4ApQA2.jpg

Oh

my

god

I love this so much hahahahha

Btw I said its Work in Progress so Cover and ways may change!

Thought I would update this thread with a few new screenshots:

aPC8XNb.jpg

HKGnwpo.jpg

VDXjXrQ.jpg

qqZ9020.jpg

7xYiQol.jpg

fnH6zLw.jpg

7cw3iQK.jpg

Any cool location you want me to add?

Like: playground, a way under the map, a river, things like that.

WHERES THE DOWNLOAD LINK!?!?! :ANGRYARNOLD: 

I WANT IT NOW D:<

Any cool location you want me to add?

Like: playground, a way under the map, a river, things like that.

Answer the question Cat, then the link magically appears :troll:

Maybe something that goes underground? Not to small of an underground though, like so it wouldn't be a clusterfuck of players jammed