Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tequileros97

Request to remove Aerodome map (Combined Ops)

26 posts in this topic

A few players along with myself have not been enjoying mp_aerodome too much. My FPS goes low quite a bit and I feel that its too huge, especially when there is only a couple people playing on the server. 

Would you guys like to replace the map with another or just take it out and not add another map in it's place?

I can add any of the stock cod4 maps, mp_hillside, mp_naout_n, mp_outset, mp_vukovar, or mp_carentan (cod2 version of chinatown).

The above are the only other maps I have that I also have waypoints for. If you guys would like to suggest new maps (that aren't listed above) to replace current ones please link me a download for the map as well as the waypoints gsc. :)

PS: If you really want a map added but it's not waypointed you can do it yourself! Read more about the process here -> http://raid-gaming.net/forums/topic/768-submissions-for-combined-operations-server/#entry12106

More stock maps would be nice imo, and much thanks for removing aerodome.

Hi

I personally feel the CO server hasn't got enough close-combat maps in rotation thus I'd like to suggest: mp_modern_rust

I frequently play the map running the mod in a private match and the bots play well on it. It offers potential for feeds as well as elevated platforms for trickshotters alike. There's only one small glitch spot where a bot goes inside a closed "room"(couldn't describe it in any other way) that probably wouldn't effect gameplay very much.

I didn't include a link as most people already know of it or have it downloaded already.

Another map would have to be: mp_firingrange_v2 Unfortunately I am not sure as to whether it has waypoints or not. If someone could find out? Really fun, fast paces map.

Hi

I personally feel the CO server hasn't got enough close-combat maps in rotation thus I'd like to suggest: mp_modern_rust

I frequently play the map running the mod in a private match and the bots play well on it. It offers potential for feeds as well as elevated platforms for trickshotters alike. There's only one small glitch spot where a bot goes inside a closed "room"(couldn't describe it in any other way) that probably wouldn't effect gameplay very much.

I didn't include a link as most people already know of it or have it downloaded already.

Another map would have to be: mp_firingrange_v2 Unfortunately I am not sure as to whether it has waypoints or not. If someone could find out? Really fun, fast paces map.

Ah rust. I thought I didn't have waypoints for it but since you mentioned your mod (whatever version that may be) worked with it I did some digging. I found in the 1.5 files he provided mp_modern_rust_waypoints.gsc so I can add this map.

All in favor of rust replacing aerodrome?

Ah rust. I thought I didn't have waypoints for it but since you mentioned your mod (whatever version that may be) worked with it I did some digging. I found in the 1.5 files he provided mp_modern_rust_waypoints.gsc so I can add this map.

All in favor of rust replacing aerodrome?

Indeed, way better then aerodrome imo :D

I believe it is only time, almighty Darmuh, to retrench Aerodrome and replace it with a more desired and worthy contestant. Let it be Rust! :dave:

Eh, I actually liked playing on it

Guess rust wouldn't be too bad however, always viewed it as a dull map through

I agree for changing it :dave:

I believe it is only time, almighty Darmuh, to retrench Aerodrome and replace it with a more desired and worthy contestant. Let it be Rust! :dave:

Will do so tomorrow once i'm done with my classes :)

i don't care if you've already decided Darmuh I still agree with the posts before hand.

Rust waypoints don't work.

Bots disregard and go outside the map boundaries etc.

The map isn't a great remake anyway so I guess we're back to the drawing board with map replacements?

For now, aerodrome has just been removed until further replacement.

I'd suggest the karachi remake from mw2, as it's another waypoint file I found in the 1.5 files. But you are all welcome to continue suggesting. Remember as I said, as long as there is a waypoint file for it I can add it. (stock maps included)

Rust waypoints don't work.

{stock maps included)

I kind of want vacant, if anyone else agrees :dave:

I kind of want vacant, if anyone else agrees :dave:

I would think since you guys are going for small maps shipment would be a big one

I would think since you guys are going for small maps shipment would be a big one

Vacant isnt huge + small corridors which I like. shipment could be a pretty big clusterfuck imo. Anyway if other people want shipment i'm on board with it.