Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WhatIsWar

PC Help

45 posts in this topic

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8THTZL this is the pc im gonna build just wanna to know if on cod4 deathrun on low settings with fullbright can i get 1000fps

Thanks

Whatiswar

I doubt youll be able to go 1000 fps on low ....But on max out settings, etc you could get a stable 125, etc.

You also need a psu for your build. And I also recommend you get a dvd drive and buy an OS.

You also need a psu for your build. And I also recommend you get a dvd drive and buy an OS.

power supply comes with case :P

already have dvd drive,hdd,widows

Possibly, I have the same processor and a slightly worse gpu and on lowest graphics (without fb) I was getting around 950-1000 fps on some maps

You can easily get 1000 fps, I don't know what these nimrods are talking about. I have a 650 Ti, which isn't as powerful as the R9 270x, since the R9 is newer and has newer architecture and technologies, but anyways it'll run completely fine. Fullbright and low you'd easily get 1000. You won't need fullbright, nor will you need lower settings either. Especially on deathrun where the maps aren't graphics intensive, it'll be completely fine. However, you do need a PSU, however you said it was included in the case.

HOWEVER, WINDOWS HAS SO MANY ISSUES WITH CHANGING HARDWARE. If you're going to use the SAME HDD, on a DIFFERENT MOTHERBOARD/CPU, it's going to throw errors. You're going to HAVE TO REINSTALL YOUR WINDOWS unless you may not as well even put on an OS. The only way in which you WOULDN'T have to reinstall is if the CPU has the same architecture, I/O stream, and the motherboard chipset is the same, and even then there is a chance your parts may not work 100% correctly. So really, you should just backup your data and do a fresh install of windows. Your computer will run faster as well.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8THTZL this is the pc im gonna build just wanna to know if on cod4 deathrun on low settings with fullbright can i get 1000fps

Thanks

Whatiswar

Why would you want constant 1000FPS in CoD4? This game is unplayable with 1k fps... :facepalm:

Why would you want constant 1000FPS in CoD4? This game is unplayable with 1k fps... :facepalm:

Well, COD4 is quite a heavy game and if he knows that you can get 1000 FPS you can play BF4 on ulta :P

I got 1k fps on cod4 but on bf4 it was unplayable

Your specs please?..

cod4 - 2007 running an engine from 1999

bf4 - 2013 (dunno when Frostbite3 came out) 

Bosnian, CoD4 is not a heavy game. Lol (Compared to Bf4, duh)

COD4 uses the same engine as COD: BO1 and MW2 and COD:Ghosts

COD4 uses the same engine as COD: BO1 and MW2 and COD:Ghosts

Yes but the texture quality changes, lighting etc... on every new release which is why you'll get a lot better fps on CoD4 than you would on newer cod's. The engine doesn't decide the FPS, the game optimization does and CoD4 will run a lot smoother than others as it has better optimization and it's a old game that doesn't require a super pc to run it. I can easily get 1k fps with my specs on CoD4 but not with the newer cods.

Yes but the texture quality changes, lighting etc... on every new release which is why you'll get a lot better fps on CoD4 than you would of newer cod's. The engine doesn't decide the FPS, the game optimization does and CoD4 will run a lot smoother than others as it has better optimization and it's a old game that doesn't require a super pc to run it. I can easily get 1k fps with my specs on CoD4 but not with the newer cods.

hmm ok

Your specs please?..

i5 3570k

gtx 660

if you want any others ask, cba to actually check

I don't get 1k anymore as my pc is crammed, this was when I first got it

You can easily get 1000 fps, I don't know what these nimrods are talking about. I have a 650 Ti, which isn't as powerful as the R9 270x, since the R9 is newer and has newer architecture and technologies, but anyways it'll run completely fine. Fullbright and low you'd easily get 1000. You won't need fullbright, nor will you need lower settings either. Especially on deathrun where the maps aren't graphics intensive, it'll be completely fine. However, you do need a PSU, however you said it was included in the case.

HOWEVER, WINDOWS HAS SO MANY ISSUES WITH CHANGING HARDWARE. If you're going to use the SAME HDD, on a DIFFERENT MOTHERBOARD/CPU, it's going to throw errors. You're going to HAVE TO REINSTALL YOUR WINDOWS unless you may not as well even put on an OS. The only way in which you WOULDN'T have to reinstall is if the CPU has the same architecture, I/O stream, and the motherboard chipset is the same, and even then there is a chance your parts may not work 100% correctly. So really, you should just backup your data and do a fresh install of windows. Your computer will run faster as well.

Yeh im wiping the old hard drives, i have 2 ,one 500gb 7200rpm and one 750gb 7200rpm, got windows 7, excited to actually play with 333fps,and saw some videos looking like i get 80+ fps on bf4 ultra and 200+fps on minecraft 

Yeh im wiping the old hard drives, i have 2 ,one 500gb 7200rpm and one 750gb 7200rpm, got windows 7, excited to actually play with 333fps,and saw some videos looking like i get 80+ fps on bf4 ultra and 200+fps on minecraft 

Yeah you'll get plenty of FPS, the computer will run fine with those specs, as long as you don't break it in the process of rebuilding or whatever.

+1, having 1000 FPS on CoD4 makes movement awful.

Well, COD4 is quite a heavy game and if he knows that you can get 1000 FPS you can play BF4 on ulta :P

CoD4 is not a heavy game at all, just most people try to play it with their crappy laptops with integrated graphics cards, which are god awful. I barely got 150 on my new PC with intel HD graphics 4000, but then I upgraded and got an actual GPU, which gives me 1000 lmao. 

I got 1k fps on cod4 but on bf4 it was unplayable

Completely understandable, different cards run differently.

Your specs please?..

Doesn't matter his specs, his graphics card isn't properly optimized for the game. It's weird though, because I have a 650 Ti, which is older than his card and I can run on ultra. I also have a 3700K, and BF4 requires a powerful CPU as well, which may be why he can't run it, but the 3570K can be overclocked to 3770K stock speeds, which I run, and the i5's are (supposedly) better for gaming. I honestly don't know if they are or not, go look it up. It may just be he has more crud piled up on his desktop and it may be older, and slowed down from other programs. It all depends.

Yeah you'll get plenty of FPS, the computer will run fine with those specs, as long as you don't break it in the process of rebuilding or whatever.

+1, having 1000 FPS on CoD4 makes movement awful.

CoD4 is not a heavy game at all, just most people try to play it with their crappy laptops with integrated graphics cards, which are god awful. I barely got 150 on my new PC with intel HD graphics 4000, but then I upgraded and got an actual GPU, which gives me 1000 lmao. 

Completely understandable, different cards run differently.

Doesn't matter his specs, his graphics card isn't properly optimized for the game. It's weird though, because I have a 650 Ti, which is older than his card and I can run on ultra. I also have a 3700K, and BF4 requires a powerful CPU as well, which may be why he can't run it, but the 3570K can be overclocked to 3770K stock speeds, which I run, and the i5's are (supposedly) better for gaming. I honestly don't know if they are or not, go look it up. It may just be he has more crud piled up on his desktop and it may be older, and slowed down from other programs. It all depends.

Well, if he got less RAM, then it could be less frames per second. And I got a Nvidia GeForce 540M (in a Laptop yes), and I can play BF4 on medium settings. A bit laggy but playable on medium. 

You need to think about HDD space aswell from Sentrex, if you got like 30GB left then for sure your PC will be laggy.

And yes i5 are supposed to be for gaming and i7 more for rendering, I don't know why that is but problay because of different types of working cores.

Well, if he got less RAM, then it could be less frames per second. And I got a Nvidia GeForce 540M (in a Laptop yes), and I can play BF4 on medium settings. A bit laggy but playable on medium. 

You need to think about HDD space aswell from Sentrex, if you got like 30GB left then for sure your PC will be laggy.

And yes i5 are supposed to be for gaming and i7 more for rendering, I don't know why that is but problay because of different types of working cores.

RAM means nothing, as long as you have the minimum requried and at least 2.5 GB's free, in my experience. BF4 takes around 2.1GB of ram for me, so I try to leave 2.5, but yet again my whole PC never uses more than 4 even with BF4 so I have nothing to worry about. Like I said before, BF4 isn't completely GPU based. It has quite a few CPU calculations it needs to do as well, and if you noticed, there was a CPU setting in BF3 that changed how much of the work load your CPU could take to ease up the stress on the GPU and boost performance, and the setting disappeared in BF4, but it's still heavily CPU oriented. HDD space, like RAM, is nothing as long as you have enough space left. i7's are more complete utility processors, they work better than i5's in my opinion, they can game just as well and do more. It's what they were DESIGNED to do. There's a reason i7's are more expensive than i5's, and i5's more than i3's. They're DESIGNED to work better each tier you go up. Also, Sentrex's i5 and my i7 both have 8 cores.(4 physical and 4 logical.  I lied. the 3570K only has 4 phyiscal cores, whereas the 3770K has 8 cores, 4 physical and 4 logical.

Bosnian, what in the hell are you talking about?

HDD Space means nothing, sure it will determine how fast the game loads, but if you have a 50 GB HDD, then you'd be fine if you only wanted to play Battlefield 4 on it.

As for ram, some games are taking advantage of more memory ram, like Planetside 2, yet most games are heavily dependent on the CPU + GPU.

Basically, if you look at the recommended Spec's, and have those/ above, you're fine. that's if you have no wear/damage to any of your PC parts.