Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michael

Cool name changing script/bind!

13 posts in this topic

Probably all of the Raid-Gaming users that know how to do c++ or just are into cod4 will know this. But I made this tutorial for people that don't know.

This tutorial shows you how to use a simple name changing script to animate your name! Do NOT use this to spam. I like to use this after games when the scoreboard is up, just looks cool. I know people might see this as a spamming thing, but I never use this to spam and others can do the same. It is their decision to spam with it, which can lead to consequences on servers. So once again, DO NOT USE THIS TO SPAM! Thanks, enjoy.

Video Tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jpSnp0XDbQ

Text tutorial:

1) Download the script/bind provided in the description.

2) Open it and customize to your liking.

3) Copy everything in the text file.

4) Open your config_mp.cfg (located in profiles)

5) Add a line basically anywhere you can, then paste the bind/script into there.

6) Delete the two extra spaces from the bind to the name changes.

7) You're done!

Hi there Michael

Could you possibly include a more in-depth tutorial as to how/where you place certain words/names in the script. I apologise in advance for my ignorance in this particular area of knowledge as I'm not very familiar with these seemingly simple projects. :3

Thanks

Tinman 

Probably all of the Raid-Gaming users that know how to do c++ or just are into cod4 will know this

>implying this is c++

anyways, this just is annoying, and causes the logs to fill up, I personally hate when people do this, cool tutorial anyways i guess.

>implying this is c++

anyways, this just is annoying, and causes the logs to fill up, I personally hate when people do this, cool tutorial anyways i guess.

Never said it was c++. I meant basically anyone that knows this game really well or just is into scripting. And about the log filling, that means they are spamming. If people use it in the right way, this won't happen.

Hi there Michael

Could you possibly include a more in-depth tutorial as to how/where you place certain words/names in the script. I apologise in advance for my ignorance in this particular area of knowledge as I'm not very familiar with these seemingly simple projects. :3

Thanks

Tinman 

Don't worry Tinman. This wasn't ignorant :P You just take the script provided and place it in the config_mp file located in your profiles folder. Then delete the 2 extra spaces between the script.

Great tutorial Micheal 10/10 

Thanks Kratos! :D

Probably all of the Raid-Gaming users that know how to do c++

You did not just call a config file C++... :dumb:

#include <iostream>

namespace std;

int main()
{
// Don't even ask...
cout << "Uwotm8?" << endl;
cin.get();
}

You did not just call a config file C++... :dumb:

#include <iostream>

namespace std;

int main()
{
// Don't even ask...
cout << "Uwotm8?" << endl;
cin.get();
}

I didn't :)

bind ] "toggle name i iM iMt iMtr iMtro iMtrol iMtroll"

There's an easier way :<

bind ] "toggle name i iM iMt iMtr iMtro iMtrol iMtroll"

There's an easier way :<

That is an automatic one. This one is cooler in my opinion because you can use it without spamming. You can choose the speed. But thanks for sharing :)

Mine's not automatic :o With my one you press it for every time you want to go to the next one.

E.G: 

User pressed ]: i 

User pressed ]: iM

User pressed ]: iMt

User pressed ]: iMtr

SetClientNameMode( "manual_change" );

Uhh, good there's a way to stop this in gsc :dave: