Tinman

Your Career Choices: deeper understandings...

36 posts in this topic

Hi there

I wanted to do something a little bit special for my 100th post on these glorious forums and thought, "Why not start my first topic?" What makes it more special is that this happened to happen on my birthday! (don't bother wishing, it'd come across rather cheesy. :dave:)

I looked through all the threads and couldn't find anything similar to this subject so I thought I'd give it a go:

Tell us all about your career options/choices that you either hope to do some day (whether it's a far-fetched dream or not) or, are currently doing right now. This topic is NOT limited to gaming/CoD related careers, in fact I encourage you to broaden your replies within other fields of expertise.

You can supply as much information as you feel necessary/comfortable with, but please don't just give a one word answer. ie: tell us why, how and where you want to work; tell us if there are any hobbies you're looking to have as a "second" job; your realistic, maybe slightly boring/mainstream choice and your dream job, that may never happen.

Since I posted this, I shall take the liberty of setting this topic sailing. 

My dream job is one of two things: either becoming Youtube famous, awesome setup, earning money for doing something you enjoy and going to events OR I'd love to start my own restaurant/cafe business (Chefs are not in high demand at the moment so it's rather unlikely).

My three realistic options are: Game developer/programmer, Pilot (aviation) and veterinary work.

I have an extreme soft spot for animals, be it a cat or a Hippopotamus, and I've been told numerous times that dogs seem to "gravitate" to me :dave: This would be a natural choice for me as I also love helping people/animals.

Game developer is rather self-explanatory... I love doing it, although I'm a noob at it right now, and it pays well, so why not?

The only reason I want to become a Pilot is because of my brother, he has his PPL (Private Pilots Licence) at the age of 20 and I already know the majority of the basics involved. 

Well, there we go, I hope I didn't bore you to death and I look forward to seeing your personal options! :D I thought I should maybe include a quote that some of you may have heard before, I just couldn't agree with it more:

Choose+a+job+you+love+and+you+never+have

Tinman

Happy birthday :dave:

Anyways, taking multiple cooking classes and going to be doing some cooking competitions through the year

So, guess chef ^^

Happy birthday Tinman :D

I'm only in highschool right now, but I am really interested in the sciences.

Who knows, maybe I'll be a scientist one day  :horror:

Happy birthday,

Well my career what I want to have is, to be a good in ICT and to earn good money for it :P

Happy birthday man!

Myself, I love psychology, would like to go into that field in college at least as a minor. I don't know if I have the commitment to see it through to a doctorate or what have you :dave:

At school I chose to do ICT work and Computer Science, which involves programming work ect, after about 3 months I realized that this was a mistake for me.

I did not enjoy what I had chosen and was always causing shit in the class due to severe bordem, I started to form habbits such as messing around in the class and not doing any work, AT ALL, in the end I was kicked out of the class for spraying a teacher and multiple students with a fire extinguisher and the teacher did not trust me to be in the class anymore. I was forced to choose a different subject, Instead, I chose to leave the school and carry out work at home, I've been out of school since april and have done no work since, I've sat on my ass on my pc every single day doing fuck all but play games.

Over the last few months I've been gaining a heavy interest in musical related things, Not things such as classical instruments although I do love the sound of classical instruments, I don't ever see me playing one. 

I later came to download FL studio, and try to create some things of my own, Obviously I knew little to nothing about this program, and over the past month have been learning how to use it and create sounds using various plugins such as Massive, Nexus, Sylenth 1, and a few others, I've yet to create any full tracks that seem decent enough to be able to share with you, but I can grantee some tracks in the future, hell, might even collab with Rednose :dave: 

Anyway, getting on from this, I wanted to be a games designer, but have slowly drifted from it and slowly wanted to get involved around the music industry, and maybe try to make a name for my self at some point, Dreams are dreams and I try to follow them, I try to learn as much as I can from tutorials around the internet such as youtube google and other music related sites. 

So you can pretty much see what I want to do in the future, I've seen many people younger/the same age as me make it big around the MLP fandom from simply making music/remixes of songs from the show, as well as original things. and hope to do this soon. 

This is pretty much my life story of the year and was A LOT longer than I thought... 

So long story short, make music, make a name for my self, get some what known, make some $

Happy bday tinman:>

At school I chose to do ICT work and Computer Science, which involves programming work ect, after about 3 months I realized that this was a mistake for me.

I did not enjoy what I had chosen and was always causing shit in the class due to severe bordem, I started to form habbits such as messing around in the class and not doing any work, AT ALL, in the end I was kicked out of the class for spraying a teacher and multiple students with a fire extinguisher and the teacher did not trust me to be in the class anymore.

Over the last few months I've been gaining a heavy interest in musical related things, Not things such as classical instruments although I do love the sound of classical instruments, I don't ever see me playing one. 

I later came to download FL studio, and try to create some things of my own, Obviously I knew little to nothing about this program, and over the past month have been learning how to use it and create sounds using various plugins such as Massive, Nexus, Sylenth 1, and a few others, I've yet to create any full tracks that seem decent enough to be able to share with you, but I can grantee some tracks in the future, hell, might even collab with Rednose :dave:

>spraying a teacher and multiple students with a fire extinguisher

wat

>I've yet to create any full tracks that seem decent enough to be able to share with you, but I can grantee some tracks in the future, hell, might even collab with Rednose

send me a pm

Well for me my dream is either producing music and touring around the world as a DJ but I would also like to work as a Level Designer, it is pretty much impossible to decide between those two, lets just see what times bring.

The realistic thing would be working as an IT guy (what im doing right now) which is also pretty nice but not really what I was thinking of doing my whole life.

happy bday tinman ;)

>spraying a teacher and multiple students with a fire extinguisher

wat

Don't judge me :okay: 

Happy birthday dude!

Although I take an ICT course, i'd love to do music (dream job)

I did not enjoy what I had chosen and was always causing shit in the class due to severe bordem, I started to form habbits such as messing around in the class and not doing any work, AT ALL, in the end I was kicked out of the class for spraying a teacher and multiple students with a fire extinguisher and the teacher did not trust me to be in the class anymore. I was forced to choose a different subject, Instead, I chose to leave the school and carry out work at home, I've been out of school since april and have done no work since, I've sat on my ass on my pc every single day doing fuck all but play games.

Anyway, getting on from this, I wanted to be a games designer, but have slowly drifted from it and slowly wanted to get involved around the music industry, and maybe try to make a name for my self at some point, Dreams are dreams and I try to follow them, I try to learn as much as I can from tutorials around the internet such as youtube google and other music related sites. 

So you can pretty much see what I want to do in the future, I've seen many people younger/the same age as me make it big around the MLP fandom from simply making music/remixes of songs from the show, as well as original things. and hope to do this soon. 

This is pretty much my life story of the year and was A LOT longer than I thought... 

So long story short, make music, make a name for my self, get some what known, make some $

Happy bday tinman:>

Regardless of your past involving school complications, I have HUGE respect for someone who can turn "I've sat on my ass on my pc every single day doing fuck all but play games." into something such as "I've yet to create any full tracks that seem decent enough to be able to share with you, but I can grantee some tracks in the future". 

I can honestly say that I would never have the will-power nor motivation to do such a thing, especially since you taught yourself that. I think I can safely say, that you can be VERY proud of yourself and your achievements thus far. 

Anyways, thanks to all for the (cheesy :dave:) bday wishes. Really appreciate them. 

Anti make me something pls :dave:

Mine will be a Actor cause Its pretty crazy of what they do for movies and such and to see myself in movies hueheuheuehu

Anti make me something pls :dave:

Mine will be a Actor cause Its pretty crazy of what they do for movies and such and to see myself in movies hueheuheuehu

With the craftsman hands that were given to me by Zues, Jupiter, Spaghetti monster, and the cast of That's so Raven...

I present you a delicious while nutritious snack that will not only quench your hunger, but an excellent serving size as well in which you may have along with your tea

No need for absurd crumpets any more

Happy Birthday Tinman!

Personally, I'd love to be a hardware engineer and study computer engineering. NOT Computer Science, there's a huge difference. Computer Science is programming and software development, whereas computer engineering is the development of hardware, chips, motherboards, modems, etc etc. I'd love to have an internship at a company like Intel or AMD and be able to work in those kind of environments. 

happy bday ironman! :angryarnold:

i haf no idea what i want to do in the future :dumb: 

happy birthday tinman

i want to become a sucessful accountant which i am currently studying about and is a pain in the ass :dave:

bear your job is to kill humans :troll:

I had 3 ideas in mind to what I want to do towards in the future. I'll talk about them individually!

It's amazing to know that some of you guys interest is somewhat linked x) Anyway!

Music: Ever since I was 3 years old I've always played music (mainly the piano, only till recently I've become a fat slob and sat on my ass looking at YouTube videos/playing games 24/7  :horror:) Music is something I enjoy and wanted to pursue  for a while. If I was to go into the musical industry I would lean towards the piano and drums primarily because I know how to play both of those and I enjoy them the most; not to say I haven't tried other instruments because I have And don't particularly like them compared to the ones I can play. However, I have gained interest in other choices which I'll mention below and I prefer them over music, music is a last resort thing if I know 100% sure I don't want to do the other choices!

Graphics Designer (Illustration): Some of you may or may not know that I am very familiar with Photoshop and have been working with it for over 6 years, besides the point... I have always had an inkling to what Photoshop is capable off and what people have produced and instantly was hooked x) The things that I like to produce is Illustration  work (not good with Photoshop because Photoshop isn't true vector  :rage: therefore ugly pixelated curves!) Unfortunately I don't have much work in terms of latest designs but I do have a YouTube channel with speedarts which I used to do @ www.youtube.com/sphelixdesigns I've gone off away from YouTube as I don't like of what the Graphics Design community has come too, Ones who just use CC packs and gradiants to make their banners and such look amazing  :no: Many of my videos you will see are somewhat like it, though i hate doing that kind of work now, I like to design things from scratch (text, background designs, buttons etc.) I'm probably blabbing on now but Graphics Design is something I really love doing, I like the idea of experimenting and a lot of times am proud due to creating such things that I never thought I could do :) 

Computer Science: Honestly this one is pretty standard, I've always enjoyed the fact of the things you can create, Having the knowledge can allow me to create all the applications and hardware that I've always wanted to create and I know going into this industry is good money $$$$ 

Those are the 3 choices that I've always said I wanted to choose, I don't have interest in many other things. My hearts desire is mostly towards Graphics designs and is what I will most likely do! If you have read all of this then Thank you for reading as I write a lot sometimes, but yeh, they're my choices and why c:

I defiantly want to do something in IT because 1) i find it interesting and 2) its the future and pretty soon most jobs will be done by computers/robots, so i would say this is one of the safer career options.

We could seriously start a band with so many members interested in music...

I'm down. I just need to learn more :okay:

Can anyone sing? :troll: 

@Above Do it. ;-;

I myself am currently studying IT (mainly for the software portion) and am hoping to be able to pursue a career related to software development or game development (if not game dev then that's defo something I'll be doing in my free time as it's something I still quite enjoy). Teacher I have for coding class noticed today I was way ahead of the others in my class and gave me different excercises. :D Game dev is something I've been wanting to do ever since I started playing games (Ratchet & Clank I <3 you forever), but realisticly, I would have a hard time moving to a different country and leaving my family and friends behind to pursue a career in game development (no single studio in Belgium, atleast, not any really known ones, mostly indie studios :/), so I think I'll end up keeping game dev as a free time thingy.