Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anti

An issue

12 posts in this topic

Hola

I'm sure plenty of you are already aware of the arguing and conflicts here and there that occur on both the forums (Shout box and threads) along with the servers

Have to say, fairly sure some others feel this as well, tired of such

An example in which I feel most of you are able to relate to is the fighting between members of the community and Bosnian

Nobody is forcing you to respond or even read what he, or others, post/shout

Yet, for some reason, some members of the community continue to respond and result in causing arguments that only causes pointless frustration and further conflict

Noticed some issues between members of the community in which has some higher authority than others (Bit more so on the servers than the forums)

It's not difficult to avoid being rude, but of course some times you may come off as such and offend others

There's no avoiding that, but you can control the amount of times in which you do so by just trying to be decent or polite in general

Not by any means saying you have to be perfect or of the best manners, but please attempt to behave more often

From when I first started on raid to now, has been conflicts occurring

Every now and then, such has been widely addressed and calmed down for a period of time, then started once again

There's nothing you can do to completely stop verbal abuse or issues, that's a given, but you can assist in reducing them greatly by doing the right thing and generally being pleasant

As mentioned before, don't have to be perfect, but some of you can fix your attitudes and avoid certain scenarios from happening

Noticed myself falling into such mindset from time to time, will avoid from happening again in the future

Just these childish banters that causes arguments and long term conflicts in both the forums and servers need to be lessened by a notable amount

Members of the community with higher power, if you see such happening and it gets past the point of joking or harmless banter, please break it up

Members of the community, if you see arguments or conflicts then please avoid fueling the fire and report it. If you find yourself mixed in, just ignore others and let it die out. If it doesn't, again, report it

Adios

Will lock as I believe this should be left at that, if you disagree feel free to PM me and I will unlock it.

Will lock as I believe this should be left at that, if you disagree feel free to PM me and I will unlock it.

Originally locked it due to knowing will be different views and comments regarding such

Reason why I unlocked it was because realized it would be good to see/hear such statements to figure out the issues and fix them

Unlocked

Everyone else, feel free to voice your concerns with things that happen in both the forums and servers, how you feel could be fixed or assisted by others, and so forth

If gets past the point of being helpful, will re-lock until such said person(s) calm down and are able to post within reason once again

Hi there

Naturally I just had to comment on this. My initial feeling towards your post Anti, was somewhat appreciative as I believed it had to be done by someone and at some stage. But then I realized, this "issue" as such is all but childish banter, as you've not so clearly outlined in your post.

Don't get me wrong, I agreed with everything you had to say, I just got rather frustrated that it had come to this. I mean, was this really necessary? Is this not going to just increase the tension and ultimately highlight Bosnian as the responsible person? Unfortunately, certain things can't be undone, so I'll give my opinions nonetheless:

I witnessed, along with a few other Raid members, the argument between Bosnian and Staab at its peak, and if I'm correct, led to this topic being made. Effectively, it had gone too far. As you've mentioned, this social conflict would never be in place if us as humans didn't react to Bosnian (specifically) instead of just ignoring him. However, if Bosnian had kept his ignorant, to say the least, comments to himself, we wouldn't have to think about reacting in the wrong way, simply because there'd be nothing to react to.

My main worry is that Bosnian may read this, which he has already, and then agree with it, which he has made evident by means of an upvote, as your post was slightly biased towards Bosnian and encouraging Staab (and others) to ignore him. This may lead to Bosnian thinking he's "off the hook" and it's not his fault, especially considering his thought process. I think we should let Bosnian know, LOUD and clear, that it is equally his fault and should seriously consider apologizing to Staab and this community in general. If not done so already.

And my last thing I have to say. This is, at the end of the day, just a forum. We all know that we say things we don't really mean when we sit behind a screen. Now to basically contradict most of what I've just said, we need to, before any of the above can even be considered, realize that we are actually overreacting here. And yes, that does make me a slight hypocrite, but hey ho. This shouldn't have come to this, and the only thing that's making it come to this is us, it's COMPLETELY in our control as to the outcome of such (pathetic) situations.

I apologise if I repeated anything you've previously stated Anti, I know how annoying that can be, I just couldn't stay out of this. I hope I gave at least one thing that us as a community can work on and eradicate. A problem that should never be a problem IMO.

Thanks

It's something in which I felt had to be addressed

Some things have been addressed pravitely and only worked for a short duration

I used Bosnian as an example for the fact that the other examples involved personal admin issues which would be better for admin discussion and so forth

Have a few examples as well of Slaya, Wofles, and etc... But felt the most recent and fresh example would get across better

Another reason for this thread was for other to express their concerns and issues they felt were existing and perhaps a solution to them

Personally regarding Bosnian, as long as he doesn't use verbal abuse or breaks any rules, he's welcomed to feel and say what he believes in

In the case what he does say is offensive, breaks the rules, or etc... Then yes

Hi

Alright then, when I was typing out my response I thought there would probably some other incidences I was unaware of. I was simply using the only example I was aware of.

I do agree with your opinions regarding bosnian. I'd just like to add that, allowing Bosnian ti say what he believes in is all good and well. It often, almost always develops into him "relishing" in the frustration and disbelief displayed by other members. Sometimes it even comes across that Bosnian might be a troll. This, however, may just be my obscure observation of the happenings involving him.

Anyways, thanks for replying and clearing up any misconceptions I had and I can only hope we help Bosnian and the rest of the community understand how to behave appropriately. Myself included. Important life lessons can be learnt... it's up to us if we listen or laugh it off.

Hi

Alright then, when I was typing out my response I thought there would probably some other incidences I was unaware of. I was simply using the only example I was aware of.

I do agree with your opinions regarding bosnian. I'd just like to add that, allowing Bosnian ti say what he believes in is all good and well. It often, almost always develops into him "relishing" in the frustration and disbelief displayed by other members. Sometimes it even comes across that Bosnian might be a troll. This, however, may just be my obscure observation of the happenings involving him.

Anyways, thanks for replying and clearing up any misconceptions I had and I can only hope we help Bosnian and the rest of the community understand how to behave appropriately. Myself included. Important life lessons can be learnt... it's up to us if we listen or laugh it off.

Talked with Bosnian few times on xfire, he doesn't always "relish" in it and rather dislikes it from time to time

Anyways, this isn't only concerning Bosnian

There have been (although more behind the scenes at times rather than public) issues between other members of the community on both forums and servers

Noticed that if has been going on for way too long

Again, point of this thread was to try and be overall better and hopefully resolve issues (Not saying you think otherwise)

To everybody (including me) who have mocked him on his English before, keep in mind his mother tongue isn't even English, he doesn't need his English perfect (unless school or whatever), he doesn't need to be up to these crazy standards that people expect everybody to be at. Before you/we judge him on grammar or spelling, how many languages do you know..?

edit2: dunno why I said this, ^^^, I guess I was just siding with bosnian after reading anti's post :dumb:

I mean, I still stand by it but in the conversation it's pretty much unrelated.. 

EDIT- I actually the posts (I was holding off because there were too many lines) now so my opinion (here we go) is that they can both say sorry and try not to interact. If worst comes to worst, we can section then :dave:

Anyway, I have no idea why we get all the conflict + I swear Bosnian is more active on FNRP and Staab is leaving deathrun so you would've though they would never meet again  :motherofgod:

p.s I like your fuelling the fire metaphor 3: 

I don't think we are mocking his language capabilities, as much as we are misinterpreting his original purpose/meaning. I, for one, don't mock him on his language skills, in fact I've encouraged the thought of starting a thread whose sole aim is to improve Bosnian's English!

I'm not aware of anyone that expects him to be at such standards as us mother-tongues. I don't know if you feel that way because of the way I (and others) speak? Whatever the case, I think Bosnian needs to realise that his English ain't perfect, and if he wishes to comment on a controversial subject, he should do so with caution.

I kinda speak 5 languages so :>

I think Bosnian needs to realise that his English ain't perfect, and if he wishes to comment on a controversial subject, he should do so with caution.

I never said/ thought that my english is perfect, I know enough to communicate and I'm happy with that.

I apologise Bosnian. I never intended to imply you thought your English was perfect. And while you do know enough to communicate, is it enough to communicate successfully without causing confusion? My suggestion to you, a friendly suggestion at that, is if you ever have the slightest inkling that what you want to say, we might not understand, either refrain from saying that or ask for help. There's absolutely nothing wrong with asking for help and I'd be more than obliged to aid you, if you feel comfortable. 

I speak for both of us Bosnian. Let's end this small argument now to prevent it from becoming a big one. If you do wish to carry on this friendly and personal mini-chat please, please PM me. Sorry once again if I offended you. 

Back to suggestions eh?

I completely see where you are coming from Anti. (Or Contra, whatever you go by now :dave:)

Latetly I have noticed a lot of argueing going on in the servers and it can be quite irritating yo just sit there and watch them dual it out.

I will try and do my best to sort out these conflicts that happen in the servers ;)