Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gabe

mp_dr_atomic

32 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, im starting to make a new map based on a garrys mod deathrun map and counter strike, called mp_dr_atmoic.  I have played this map alot and will love to remake it for cod 4 so let me know what you think and give some suggestions on what to change in the new version.

If you were to create it, don't add those tp in every trap :P like where you get the flashbang. As for the map it seems pretty standard and a nice overall map. I don't know what the traps are like, they look simple.. Maybe add something different to the traps to make it harder.

If you were to create it, don't add those tp in every trap :P like where you get the flashbang. As for the map it seems pretty standard and a nice overall map. I don't know what the traps are like, they look simple.. Maybe add something different to the traps to make it harder.

i wont add that teleport thing, btw that is supposed to be a secret for that map but i will be changing the secret.

Nice map, I once made this map in cod4 but it's almost finished but I'll never release it. Hueheh

don't change the traps, it makes it untrue to the original.

Don't listen to jwafles gabe. If you're going to remake a map you should make the map your own. Continue to credit the original but add a spin on it that wasn't originally there. If the map's traps need work then you should make them better. CSS/Gmod Deathrun is not CoD4 deathrun, there will be some things that you will have to make different from the original.

I will see.  i am trying to convert the map i am working on it so it saves me some time.

Don't listen to jwafles gabe. If you're going to remake a map you should make the map your own. Continue to credit the original but add a spin on it that wasn't originally there. If the map's traps need work then you should make them better. CSS/Gmod Deathrun is not CoD4 deathrun, there will be some things that you will have to make different from the original.

you could do that or, create an experience more like CSS.

but gabe can go ahead and do his own traps or whatever :okay:

i think the teleporters should stay having the ability to flash jumpers behind you is a great idea. puts a spin on being first. :>

having the ability to flash jumpers behind you is a great idea. puts a spin on being first. :>

That's exactly why it's a bad idea to have those teleporters in that map, people that are not that good at deathrun or just started playing it, are going to get flashed every few seconds.

That's exactly why it's a bad idea to have those teleporters in that map, people that are not that good at deathrun or just started playing it, are going to get flashed every few seconds.

They should be included but none of the above is why.

In the map, the teleporters give you trails and costumes via smoke nades (it's how it worked in css) and one of them gives you the ability to heal other players (by standing near them).

the smoke nades (if used) should be used to trick the acti or blind them so you can skip a trap. Flash would be stupid :L

i will make them a smoke grenade to kinda trick the acti, but i will change the location of where you get into the teleports. :D

Whoever made those bots, made them exactly like a lot of players, stupid and always firing for no good reason :dave:

Also is this going to be a total remake or you going to add something new? (If my question was already answered up there somewhere, i don't care since i don't read all posts :dave: )

mostly just a remake but some textures changed and some other stuff like secret a little but changed and stuff :D

The video isn't needed tbh as all you did was show spawn, shot some things and typed in chat some non need to know info. You should post radiant screen shots instead  

P.S when showing your new maps in a video, plan your path route, stay away from chat, and hide your gun.  :)

Honestly gabe the map needs work..

idk if it's how you converted it or what but it feels so plain

add an enviornment around it or something

To me it just feels like you're in a floating building in the sky :S

what was that page you had open in chrome?

8uWYA.jpg

P.S. I closed the video soon because of fedup with your constant shooting one bullet at a random place and reloading, and then again, and again... ugh u got reload syndrome :>

what was that page you had open in chrome?

8uWYA.jpg

P.S. I closed the video soon because of fedup with your constant shooting one bullet at a random place and reloading, and then again, and again... ugh u got reload syndrome :>

lol that was a utube vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ5KfmL_YJ8   4b502588940ba68338cd195dabef7c6e.png <-- found that in my history   :P