Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gabe

mp_dr_atomic

32 posts in this topic

Done a big update to the map but havent started scripting yet, will do soon.

texturing the map takes for ever, especially a map this size

ok, I have a suggestion, feel free to say other wise, but the mp_dr_atomic map that i am putting onto cod4 from a mapper that made it for counter strike, well i am probably going to make it in 3 parts, as you know ther are 3 parts to the map and as it has taken me soo long to texture this map and get all the traps working, i think that maybe the map is long enough for only 1 section to be played as only 1 map.... then the second section as a new map (would be called mp_dr_atomic_part2 or something like that), and the third etc...  if you guys dont think it is long enough let me know and i will either carry on making the full map, or i will make 2 parts to the map, such as 1.5 sections for each part?  Any way post your suggestions...  

(keep in mind if you ask for 3 parts to the map the map will be finished quicker and part 2 will come out quite qiuckly, and the third part etc.. and after all of them are made as part 1,2 & 3 i will make a mp_dr_atmoic_combined)

ps: Video coming soon

Most people like short maps anyway so this is a good idea.

Although for naming I'd call it mp_dr_atomic-S1

Using - rather than _ so S1 doesnt get taken out of the name (S1 standing for Stage 1)

/merged both of your atomic topics

Anyways, seems like a decent idea, and the different sections seem good, if it's to long. 

that's a horrible idea gabe, sounds like you're trying to complicate moddb and people's usermaps folder.

I'm pretty sure it has 4 sections and they are wayy too short to be played indivually, unless, it picked randomly at the start of each round so it's unique.

and pls, texturing is easy, stop whining.

if there are 4 sections i will do maybe 2 parts with 2 sections in each part...  and it is very time consuming to texture wafles.....  and i dont have the patience to take the time and effort to texture it.