BosnianArmy

Post your FOLK music!

28 posts in this topic

Hello there!

As the title says, post your FOLK music! This community got alot people from different countries and its interesting to see what for folk music the countries got :3

So I start:

Who listens to FOLK? :dumb:

The one who knows their background :dumb:..

Tbh, I don't like folk. Only with family for few min and thats it lol.

Some of ya might know this one... and it's not Levan polkka, it's Ievan polkka (Ieva is the Finnish name Eeva spelled in Savonian dialect x1ONRsg.png)

and yes, I can understand the lyrics huehue :3

Music parents listened to when I was growing up and old folk Deathun :D

EDIT: is folk a genre? I just thought it meant like old music >>>>>> laughing out loud (seriously lossy)

Folk music includes traditional music

Uhm, right, well if the song I posted is incorrect, feel free to remove my post

I can only report :troll: xD

Anyways, well try to find a traditional music from UK ?

Most 'traditional music?' from the UK is drum and bass, jungle, old school grime, and later on Dubstep, with a very early dubstep song being this

Most 'traditional music?' from the UK is drum and bass, jungle, old school grime, and later on Dubstep, with a very early dubstep song being this

With you saying that maybe the one i posted is traditional then because it was popular ages a go

electric folk, folk punk and folk metal and continues to thrive nationally and in regional scenes, particularly in areas such as Northumbria and Cornwall

From Wikipedia.

Are you thinking of the type of 'folk' eg Western style music or w/e? When I hear traditional I think of the stuff my mum listens to , grime, jungle, drum and bass and dubstep, but the OLD 1980's stuff, I love some of the tracks she listens too 

Are you talking about, as Triton OR A TRITON FANBOY stated, Folk as in Western Style, Country music? With banjos and shit? If you are, I'm afraid I don't much like it nor have any songs of it :dumb:

If you're talking about traditional music from your country or culture, that's a different story... I don't listen to it myself, but it's still apart of my life.

See if you can understand that.  :troll:  

You'll see these guys all around Cape Town playing for money. I think they're great!

However, as Triton OR A TRITON FANBOY also stated, if you're meaning "old" 80's music or Golden Oldies, I have plenty of songs, that both my parents and I enjoy.

I've given you a song/s each of the "genres" as such that I listen to or have heard of, Country is not one of them... just to give you a small insight to my culture or history :D

Why you do this Staab? Make me cri

If you're talking about traditional music from your country or culture, that's a different story... I don't listen to it myself, but it's still apart of my life.

See if you can understand that.  :troll:  

Yes this

Bosnian can I ask what the actual point of this topic is?

Tbh, I don't like folk. Only with family for few min and thats it laughing out loud.

If so... have you just got some project at school and you cba to do research on other countries' cultural music? :troll:

Bosnian can I ask what the actual point of this topic is?

I'm pretty sure the title can help you there..

Just because he doesn't prefer it, doesn't mean he can't a have a laugh or two.

I'm pretty sure the title can help you there..

Just because he doesn't prefer it, doesn't mean you can't a have a laugh or few.

I don't recall asking you, do you?

Pardon my ignorance Bosnian, could you please explain to me your exact reason for starting a topic you're not so interested in? Why Folk Music in particular?

I don't recall asking you, do you?

Pardon my ignorance Bosnian, could you please explain to me your exact reason for starting a topic you're not so interested in?

I'm just interested what culture songs you guys got, you see my 2 Bosnian video songs and now I want to see from others :)

I believe he does make a fair point, with these music threads I've discovered music that I've come to love,

May I suggest changing the title to 'Post your countries traditional music' Or something similar to that? 

Some of ya might know this one... and it's not Levan polkka, it's Ievan polkka (Ieva is the Finnish name Eeva spelled in Savonian dialect x1ONRsg.png)

and yes, I can understand the lyrics huehue :3

the first one is fucking amazing. i am going to listen to it for the next few days, thank you so much  :wub:

Leek_spin_gif_in_hd_by_life_scape-d5hshq

LEEEEEK SPIIN  :happycry:

it's oddly catchy :*

p.s the guys hair is .. :dumb: