Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BosnianArmy

Lets revive slowly RAIDGAMING.FKINGBESTNET

60 posts in this topic

HELLO THERE MAH BUDDIES

Since everyone knows that Raid will be closed in about a month, I don't want to let this happen and of course no one wants this.

*Reason of this thread*

Well, WHY closing after all of this HARD work? You worked hours and hours and hours to make a big and good community and now you give up like it was nothing? If you think that only COD4 is dieng then fuck that, community is supposed to be for multiple games, wait not only for games but for communication--->community.

@@Lossy

@@BraXi

@@Darmuh

Give us a proper reason why you are closing, if it is because you don't want to host anymore because you want to move on then fine, if you aren't interested at all of this then fine tho.

But if you are giving up because of something stupid like cod4 then come an..

I made this thread now for a reason, I wake up every morning and after 1-2 ours of just waking up I look everytime at Raid to see something interesting. I had a great great time here (even tho there were big fights), but hey brother and sisters are making fights tho, but we ain't a brother and sister but still we throw sand over it and forget it and its all good again.

I want to appoligize to everyone (Especially to Staab... srry mate what I've done in that one conversation) for my behavior.

I really hope this community will stay (only the forums, for the servers we don't care that much anymore like in the past) since this is my place where I learned my English and being more social most.

If... Raid closes totaly down we could go here...

www.fnrp-servers.com (not really a great website I know but people there are very kind but also strict as well so I think 0,000% chance of being there for fun lol)

But for http://codscript.net/index would be great place to move on there since it looks like a bit like Raid (and no rules of cursing like in fnrp etc..)

YOU WILL BE REMEMBERED RAID

-BosnianArmy :cry:

most people made replies to the other topic instead making a whole different topic :dave:

My opinion. If you care so much about Raid, you should have taken more time to come up with ideas and format them in a sensible and logical way.

I think those that want to "revive" Raid, although never dead, will find some way of doing so... but it has to be over time. Posting this a few hours after the announcement went out gives me a strange mixed feeling. I dunno what I'm saying actually, this whole situation has put me in a state of delusion. :okay:

(I have yet to read your post, sorry)

Have my thoughts and concerns regarding this matter

However, think best to keep to myself for the time being

As for you guys, feel free to continue discussing that subject in whatever thread you wish

You can't build an entire community out of cod4, and then say that we can expand into different games. Plus the owners don't want to host it anymore, its probably as simple as that. Just leave it be at that, the community can still talk on xfire, and codscript and stuff like that.

By all means, we don't have anything against this. Hosting these servers was not for greed, as you saw we refunded everything and donated the rest to the humble bundle. This was a decision because we don't have the time or resources to keep Raid going. If you need anything email me at [email protected]

When you make a server, you want that server to be popular, and if its gets popular then you EXPAND the community into diff games. You guys made a quality deathrun server which takes TIME&EFFORT. You even offered the option of donating, that shit exploded. I mean c'mon you had enough money until 2016 nearly, if you make a quality product, then the money follows. Also you people are the reason WHY COD4 IS STILL ALIVE, you've contributed exceptional mods which has brought players from several diff continents, To play call of duty 4

Even though, you "community managers" think this is it. Think of the players who dedicated hundreds, THOUSANDS. Hours playing your mod. Was previously deathrun with quantum(grapeslil) before and he has played so much on this server that he is quitting cod4, that is very very sad to hear

Take this reply with a simple grain of salt & think of the players. Not yourselves, if worse comes to worse you could auction off raid. I can guarantee people will give money for this. Or even train us to be CM's i mean I've had experience running a sever before. Or even make anti CM that guy is so hardworking its unreal he definitely would keep the train rolling. Thanks CM's

EDIT: I will not let raid die.

My reason of leaving and closng down has little to do with getting bored of just CoD4, there other reasons.

State them. We all want to know,

Also thanks tinman<3

Server hosting for me is over. That's all is needed to know.

Well I really really want the forum to go on. Maybe we could move on to some free hosted forum (will probably be shit compared to this) and redirect this domain to that one when this closes.

Personally my choice of "backup" place to chat with this community would be CoDScript http://www.codscript.net

The forum looks beautiful, its got the interface and software the same as raid, set up by ofcourse our active community member JR-Imagine ;)

He has the knowledge to maintain and keep the forum running well so that our community can survive.

Server hosting for me is over. That's all is needed to know.

For you, that doesnt mean that we are giving up too. I thought you were never gonna give us up, but you let us down, I would never run around and desert raid. I thought you were never gonna make us cry, i didnt want to say goodbye, but you told us a lie and hurt raid

Rick Astley bby(Last part makes no sense but oh well haha)

For you, that doesnt mean that we are giving up too. I thought you were never gonna give us up, but you let us down, I would never run around and desert raid. I thought you were Never gonna make you cry, i didnt want to say goodbye, but you told us a lie and hurt raid

Rick Astley bby

I never said i gave up so don't put words into my mouth, I just have other plans and moving on is one of them, you might not like it but it happens. We went over our choices, not once but multiple times including in the past and closing it down is the best choice in our opinion.

You obviously don't agree with our choice but we have opinions because we're different people.

Most people don't agree with your choice lossy. But it seems a little bit unfair, well actually life is unfair but anyway, the fact that we dont get a say in this in completly unethical, "closing down is the best choice in your opinion" Frankly from the bottom of the heart this is pathetic, jus because you guys have other plans, playing diff games etc, does not mean that we don't we have different plans, I've been playing cod4 daily for nearly 3+ years and i still enjoy it, a lot of people enjoy it. This community is striving as it is. Theres so many nice people on these forums and to watch them GET SEPARATED, is heartbreaking. So many people brought together, gone. Yet some of us will still talk over the times even if raid dies, but loyal people will do everything in there path to make sure that we have fun. Thats what you guys provided us with, fun servers and a teamspeak to talk to people from all over the globe. And a forum to state our opinions like i am, right freaking now, i dont want this to die. People cried today. I did today, judge me i dont care but that must be showing a slight but of loyalty right about now..

:okay:  It is sad to see this happen .... but yeah .... it had to happen at some point

You would have taken the Highest Rep Content spot with this inspirational masterpiece.

If only I could upvote... :okay:

I agree with Triton, just because Lossy and Darmuh have other plans, doesn't mean everybody else does, either way, I plan on making the community live, and strife whether Lossy allows us to use the Raid name or not, a couple of guys are working together to make sure Raid's community won't die. No promises though.

Most people don't agree with your choice lossy. But it seems a little bit unfair, well actually life is unfair but anyway, the fact that we dont get a say in this in completly unethical, "closing down is the best choice in your opinion" Frankly from the bottom of the heart this is pathetic, jus because you guys have other plans, playing diff games etc, does not mean that we don't we have different plans, I've been playing cod4 daily for nearly 3+ years and i still enjoy it, a lot of people enjoy it. 

People can agree or disagree, but let's be serious, who will manage it all? Your experience was just hosting it from some provider that has everything setup for you. Do you know anything about linux, python, mysql or even GSC to improve the mod? or even more? most likely not.

Most of the people that visit the forums don't have much time either, so who will have the time to manage the servers for around 12 hours a day, 7 days a week?

Hosting isn't as simple as you may make it sound and isn't as easy as it looks, it takes time, dedication and knowledge to keep it successfully going.

You don't even know what choices we thought about, but 1 of them was thinking about passing it onto some one we know that  will carry on what we did and able to keep improving what we did, unfortunately we couldn't find that person

This community is striving as it is. Theres so many nice people on these forums and to watch them GET SEPARATED, is heartbreaking. So many people brought together, gone. Yet some of us will still talk over the times even if raid dies, but loyal people will do everything in there path to make sure that we have fun. Thats what you guys provided us with, fun servers and a teamspeak to talk to people from all over the globe. And a forum to state our opinions like i am, right freaking now, i dont want this to die. People cried today. I did today, judge me i dont care but that must be showing a slight but of loyalty right about now..

So since i have no loyailty i guess i should drop all my talks with the people that are properly serious about carrying on Raid.

This isn't a simple "hey i pick you yet i don't know what you can do, but here's the keys to all of raid stuff, including people emails, passwords, full names, ip's and more!", sounds like i should not give a shit about any of your private information then.

So don't give me this loyaity stuff, there so much stuff for raid that if i was to pass all of our stuff on and the work, it needs to be with some one that is able to carry on and not some one who's new to it all, so stop making it seem easy as it sounds. It's hard to just give up raid, these kind of talks at CM level has been going on for months, we didn't just decided oh "hey lets just give raid up and everything we worked for"

And last time, stop assuming because I'm bored of CoD4 i'm giving up raid.

You don't know how much stress i go through daily, to make things work smoothly or how much dedication i put into raid. This closing isn't simply just because we're moving on from cod4.

Mhm. I don't think this should be carried on. It's sad to see it go away like this, but you guys will probably fuck up and spend money on servers, even though you guys don't know enough to do this kind of stuff. 

I'm ofcourse willing to help, but I'm kinda scared about the future of raid. When something comes to an end, it may or may not be better to be continued. I'd rather see (Sorry guys..) it end here. 

Either way, if "we" are continuing, I'd be glad to put as much time as possible into this (which is not that much.. ;)) to help and keep Raid like it should be. 

PS: I'm not going to those FNRP fucktarts, lmao

Mhm. I don't think this should be carried on. It's sad to see it go away like this, but you guys will probably fuck up and spend money on servers, even though you guys don't know enough to do this kind of stuff. 

I'm ofcourse willing to help, but I'm kinda scared about the future of raid. When something comes to an end, it may or may not be better to be continued. I'd rather see (Sorry guys..) it end here. 

Either way, if "we" are continuing, I'd be glad to put as much time as possible into this (which is not that much.. ;)) to help and keep Raid like it should be. 

PS: I'm not going to those FNRP fucktarts, lmao

Forget the servers, at least the forum should stay :/

Forget the servers, at least the forum should stay :/

CoDScript.net is a pretty nice forum. If you see anything here you want there I'm sure Slaya wouldn't mind the suggestions.