Lossy

Death Run server update topic

163 posts in this topic

Also, for anyone that cares... fovscale now permanently saves and you don't have to change it after a new map starts or when you rejoin. Atleast it did when i was testing guns with lossy, still needs confirmation

Also, for anyone that cares... fovscale now permanently saves and you don't have to change it after a new map starts or when you rejoin. Atleast it did when i was testing guns with lossy, still needs confirmation

yaaaaaaaaaaaay now I don't have to keep it on a bind tysm

edit: fuck

wrong

Thought so, but how come it saved when we tested?

Also, you said something about making it save through stats or whatever

Thought so, but how come it saved when we tested?

Also, you said something about making it save through stats or whatever

yes i said i'm not forcing it to save so i have no idea why it is saving when we was testing it.

Update later tonight

I've changed a lot of stuff to ghost mode here a list

You may no longer have a great day with b42

Death triggers will no longer kill you

It's still possible to die if you take more dmg than your current health (will fix this as some point)

When you get teleported back to spawn your timer will reset (for them speed runners)

You may go back into spectator after ~20 seconds being in ghost mode(to stop the kilfeed spam)

Easier way for troll or mikey to blacklist maps so they don't have ghost mode anymore

I've also fixed some other stuff such as activator not getting his tomahawk, not able to throw tomahawks etc... Also some other minor issues :)

Also added !prestige command - !prestige <playername> - Gathers the player prestige level

For mappers that make raid exlusive maps here are the custom weapons you wish to add to your end rooms

// All weapons exported and made by Beatthat //

Pistols:
B23R| BO2: g3_gl_mp 
Deagle| MW2: ak47_gl_mp  
Deagle| MW3: m14_gl_mp  
Five-Seven| MW3: m16_gl_mp 
Kap-40| BO2: winchester1200_reflex_mp 
Colt-M1911| BO2: colt45_silencer_mp 
Mauzer| BO2: m1014_reflex_mp 
Raffica| MW2: uzi_acog_mp
ASP: ak47_acog_mp
Remington Army: m14_acog_mp
Tac-45: mp5_acog_mp 

Sniper Rifles:
Barrett| MW2:  barrett_acog_mp
Barrett| MW3: m21_acog_mp
DSR-50| BO2: remington700_acog_mp
Intervention: m21_mp
L118A| MW3: dragunov_mp
XPR-50| BO2: winchester1200_grip_mp

Knifes/hands:
Karambit Case-Hardened: rpd_reflex_mp
Karambit Fade: rpd_grip_mp
Karambit Tiger Tooth: dragunov_acog_mp
SOG KNIFE: knife_mp
Hands: m14_reflex_mp 

Misc:
Chainsaw: rpd_acog_mp

Pistols:

Sniper Rifles:

Knifes/hands:

Misc:

On lvl 76 (not sure if its lvl 76) you unlock the five seven from bo2, but you actually get the mw2 deagle. BO2 five seven isnt on this list either

Pistols:

Sniper Rifles:

Knifes/hands:

Misc:

On lvl 76 (not sure if its lvl 76) you unlock the five seven from bo2, but you actually get the mw2 deagle. BO2 five seven isnt on this list either

Because that five seven has been removed from the mod.

!prestige command kinda useless because you can just remember icons, there are only 5.

Death triggers will no longer kill you

what

I feel this is going to be exploited a ton

Also is there anything you can do about ghosts being able to damage/kill acti or is the only solution to that to fix the end map triggers?

what

I feel this is going to be exploited a ton

Also is there anything you can do about ghosts being able to damage/kill acti or is the only solution to that to fix the end map triggers?

can't be exploited, it's for ghost mode only ^^ if they touch the trigger they go back to spawn instead of dying.

also ghost can't dmg anymore and no one can dmg ghost players on this update :)

can't be exploited, it's for ghost mode only ^^ if they touch the trigger they go back to spawn instead of dying.

also ghost can't dmg anymore and no one can dmg ghost players on this update :)

Ahhh I thought they just didn't register the damage lol

And great thanks good to hear

Edit: What will this mean for maps like bounce where the ghosts can enter the rooms? Is there anything to be done about that?

Ahhh I thought they just didn't register the damage lol

And great thanks good to hear

Edit: What will this mean for maps like bounce where the ghosts can enter the rooms? Is there anything to be done about that?

Disable Ghost mode on the map bounce is probably the only way to fix that.

Ghost mode should be disabled on bounce now anyway.

finished map vote menu, i will add maps that are missing images for the mapvote every update i make for dr so people don't have to constantly download when ever i add a map. (this includes when troll changes songs as well)

vFsU09r.jpg

finished map vote menu, i will add maps that are missing images for the mapvote every update i make for dr so people don't have to constantly download when ever i add a map. (this includes when troll changes songs as well)

vFsU09r.jpg

ooooooooooohhhhhh i like that :)

vFsU09r.jpg

That's all good job but why you still didn't remove popular maps from rotation? Didn't you say that you will remove em after a week of spectating the rotation? People raging and leaving the game when it's Shipment or Digital, etc. 

I've been busy doing other stuff so i haven't had time to find replacement maps for them.

OK Lossy, I see, you need some help with map choices. Trust me, i'm experienced guy, I'll suggest you some.

For remove - Maps which are played TOO MANY TIMES and hated by some of our players for that.

Shipment

Pool

Semtex 

Digital

Slay_v2

Waterworld

Bounce

Watercity

Darkness

Epicfail

Indipyramid

Laboratory

Now I want to say that the removal of these maps can cause decline of activity on our deathrun, so I have the idea.

These maps should be replaced with similar maps - similar length, quality and other factors. So here is my suggestion.

Shipment = Clockwork

Pool =  Arbase

Semtex = Imaginary (No-secret version)

Digital = Nighty

Slay_v2 = Inferno

Waterworld = Blue

Bounce = Holyshiet

Watercity = Vector

Darkness = Takecare

Epicfail = Underwater

Indipyramid = Cosmic

Laboratory = Iceops

I know, maps which I suggest to remove are all absolutely awesome, that was hard to choose the replace for half of them, some replaces are very weird,

like Bounce and Watercity....I tried to pick best maps out of 300 on my hard drive. Please don't hate and show understanding.

Also some maps I PERSONALLY want to suggest (they can be picked if some previous are bugged)

escape2

fearful
illusion
max
short_v4
texx
waterwork
brainfuck
dball_gt
deathway
hardest_game
lolz
magical
rock
something
trikx
ls_simple

Could we not just create a new map rotation algorithm to make it impossible to play the same maps over and over?

Could we not just create a new map rotation algorithm to make it impossible to play the same maps over and over?

Tbh, I enjoy map rotation more than voting system xD But if there possible the merge of voting system and map rotation as you said...that will be perfect

Nah, these people will pick same maps anyway

Tbh, I enjoy map rotation more than voting system xD But if there possible the merge of voting system and map rotation as you said...that will be perfect

Nah, these people will pick same maps anyway

That's what I'm suggesting, a system to make it so the overplayed maps are still available to picked but provide insentive to the players to try and make them pick less played maps.

Overplayed maps are overplayed for a reason, people prefer them over the less "popular" maps, forcing players to pick the less popular maps = less players on the server because they'll just go to other servers that has the maps.

It's always going to be a problem no matter what maps you put on the rotation, people will have to deal with it because there no point having a vote system if we're just going to force players to pick a selection of maps all because the others are picked more than the other ones.

EDIT: @OwO some of the maps you have suggested are terrible maps or will cause the server to crash e.g dball_gt, arbase

Overplayed maps are overplayed for a reason, people prefer them over the less "popular" maps, forcing players to pick the less popular maps = less players on the server because they'll just go to other servers that has the maps.

I'm not saying you force them to pick other maps, just give them a reason to pick the other maps.