Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lossy

Show your desktop

607 posts in this topic

A bit off topic and a bit of a nob question but could someone give me a brief explanation as to what Ubuntu is? It means something in one of my countries traditional languages that I'm sure isn't the reason for this being named Ubuntu. :dave:

Thanks

Edit: I know what it is, but why is it "better" or "worse" (depending who you ask), and why you would use it.

A bit off topic and a bit of a nob question but could someone give me a brief explanation as to what Ubuntu is? It means something in one of my countries traditional languages that I'm sure isn't the reason for this being named Ubuntu. :dave:

Thanks

Edit: I know what it is, but why is it "better" or "worse" (depending who you ask), and why you would use it.

It's a very popular Linux distro. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_%28operating_system%29 and its name is actually the word you're thinking of (probably).

Updated my desktop again... a little bit. Still need to add / change some things.

1272beefb665daf991fc9da456a7916a.png

Having a pad on your desktop labeled 'accounts' probably isn't smart... (I assume this is account names and passwords to various places) 

Having a pad on your desktop labeled 'accounts' probably isn't smart... (I assume this is account names and passwords to various places) 

If you are talking about me then they aren't important accounts. They are all passwords and accounts for browser games that I used to play :P

I will delete them soon

If you are talking about me then they aren't important accounts. They are all passwords and accounts for browser games that I used to play :P

I will delete them soon

Show us contents of that file before you delete it :troll:

Show us contents of that file before you delete it :troll:

:no:

Get into his registery and find his names + passwords of facebook etc

:Troll: :troll:

Get into his registery and find his names + passwords of facebook etc

:troll: :troll:

:no: I don't put my Facebook accounts or names in my desktop  :dumb: I don't have a note pad saying all my accounts and passwords anymore. And good luck getting in my registry 

Let's get back on topic nubs  :angryarnold: 

:no: I don't put my Facebook accounts or names in my desktop  :dumb: I don't have a note pad saying all my accounts and passwords anymore. And good luck getting in my registry 

Install firefox (if you're not using it), login to all ya websites and save passwords, open in your explorer: %appdata%\..\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles - .zip the whole directory and send to us :dave: I swear nothing could go wrong :dave:

Would give you instructions for chrome but im too lazy :dave:

I'd also give you instruction for IE but if you are really using it, then I'm sure that your passwords already leaked :dumb:

Install firefox (if you're not using it), login to all ya websites and save passwords, open in your explorer: %appdata%\..\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles - .zip the whole directory and send to us :dave: I swear nothing could go wrong :dave:

Would give you instructions for chrome but im too lazy :dave:

I'd also give you instruction for IE but if you are really using it, then I'm sure that your passwords already leaked :dumb:

I used Firefox before but I uninstalled it. Going to install it again :dumb: 

Thanks for the info  :dave:

Hearthstone<3

btw whats the picture 2 files to the left of that game

Was picture and design of a trap for Sentrex's map

Not sure if he wants me to let people know of the rather unique trap, so... 

Was picture and design of a trap for Sentrex's map

Not sure if he wants me to let people know of the rather unique trap, so... 

o: interesting, look forward to seeing it in-game hopefully.

Also, unless you have a certain early release of it Blackfire is a giant resource hog, I'd recommend something like Adium instead (from personal experience)

I wonder what's inside the ''Bear hunting plans'' folder :/

It makes me think of weird and scary things

Bear laser trap models, honey and salmon cooking instructions, tank rental locations, etc...

You know, regular bear hunting stuff :dave: