Wraith

Ability unlock

38 posts in this topic

Guys, I have been stuck to this for quite awhile, how do i change the the abilities from being unlocked by challenges to being unlocked by leveling up. Since from source the challenges that are supposed to unlock abilities don't, so any ideas on how to change this, i tried editing the abilityTable.csv using a hex editor, although i don't know what do i have to change using it -.- Can anyone help?

If Im correct, the abilities never worked for DR? or did they? Not sure tbh, should wait for lossy or braxi to respond :D

Firstly, do you own the sources to a working version of deathrun yourself? If so then good, you've already passed the first step :P

What I'm wondering is, why are you using a hex editor to edit the abilityTable.csv? A CSV file is a comma seperated value file, which is editable in any normal text editor. However, if you are looking for a program that works extremely well with CSV files in my opinion then Microsoft Excel works like a charm ^^

Also, in answer to your problem, this isn't the only file you'll have to change for this, the ability unlocks are linked in more files, such as a few GSC files as well as menu files.

I've said all I am useful for at the moment, so if you need more help I'm sure someone else from these forums will be willing to aid you further  :D

Well I use openfreely(a file that opens more then a 100+ types of files) it has its own hex editor. Secondly the abilities do work, just Kopia's Challenges don't unlock them, so i am trying to find out where do i have to do the editing to make it unlock with levels

Dude its not just that -.-

and secondly thats not even the correct file -.-(*intensifies*)

Don't ask for help if that's how you're gonna reach when someone attempts to help you.

Correct the remaining part is Copy & Paste. But hey if that is too difficult...

Don't ask for help if that's how you're gonna reach when someone attempts to help you.

And as to continue on this, people still expect us to write everything into script, hack they even want a complete manual as to what everything does, so they can just copy and paste it in one go and leave the credits out.

And I'm out, have a nice day.

by the way sentrex he just came and said half of a clue of an idea, which had nothing to do with the abilities, and no i am not asking for a complete code written, i can do that myself, i just want to know where do i have to edit.

If you're able to code it yourself then you know where to edit it.

Deathrun Files

braxi/_mod::updateRank( rankId )
mp/abilityTable.csv
mp/rankTable.csv

Original CoD4 Mod Files (No edit but is really useful)

mp/rankTable.csv [10,sgt2,3000,650,RANK_SGT,RANK_SGT_FULL2,rank_sgt2,3650,,specialty_gpsjammer,,,,11,11,,RANK_SGT_FULL_N]
maps/mp/gametypes/_rank:updateRank()

Good luck, as I won't give you more.

P.s. the abilities are nothing more than perks. (In 1.2 at least.)

by the way sentrex he just came and said half of a clue of an idea, which had nothing to do with the abilities, and no i am not asking for a complete code written, i can do that myself, i just want to know where do i have to edit.

How about; "I'm sorry but I don't think that's what I'm looking for blah blah, thanks for your effort though"

You didn't have to be so blunt

@ Shortest method:

Use unlockAbility( name ) inside of if() in updateRank()

P.s. the abilities are nothing more than perks. (In 1.2 at least.)

P.s. but they are indeed unlocked diferently and are nowhere to be found in rankTable.csv in DR 1.2 ^^

I did as you said BraXi, hope it works, will reply if i get any errors

BraXi the source code at github, its incomplete...

i can't make mod.ff cause it says that system could not find english/localisedstrings/weapons.str and perks.str

The mod doesn't require them files.

BraXi the source code at github, its incomplete...

i can't make mod.ff cause it says that system could not find english/localisedstrings/weapons.str and perks.str

Can you post a screenshot?

Edit: Or better output it into a log file and post that ;P

Your CoD4 installation isn't in the Activision directory right?!

Just to clarify, the following is the default installation:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Activision/Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare/Mods/deathrun_dev

UbRzSXl.png

Yes that is VirtualBox

To make it easier for all of us just log it:

RtFQMRe.png

P.s. next time edit your post and put all the images into a single post.

As i said in the other topic, you don't have Modtools and CoD4 installed properly. Stop trying to mod the game if you haven't installed the game and the mod properly!!! the errors you're getting are stock files nothing to do with braxi's mod and you'll only get errors for that if you're missing the files because you haven't installed mod tools.

We cannot help you until you install the game and mod tools into a correctly directory.

http://raid-gaming.net/forums/topic/1553-modff/?p=24448

Stop ignoring our posts!

Not to be rude but if you cannot install CoD4 SDK Mod Tools i gotta say mate ya gonna find it hard to understand the sources and even the sources are easy as fuck to understand and really require sluggish coding/scripting skills to begin with. If it puts you mind to easy download Teamveiwer and i might help you with "EVERYTHING".

Technically this post could be set as answer/closed as braxi has given you the scripts, am i blind or is the title ability unlock? if you require help with errors of such maybe make a title like cod4 mod tools not working, not fucking ability unlock. from the last few thread you posted they havn't been relevant to what the subject is or 10% of the title.