Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grezwal

Windows 10

32 posts in this topic

How many of you guys are stoked for windows 10!?! I AM!!

Alright, i want to know how many of you guys are excited about windows 10 and what feature that you will be looking forward to the most. I am looking forward to the Xbox one cross platform with PC feature. I'm also looking forward to Cortana, maybe she can be my girlfriend. HEHEHE

Anyway, I'll give you guys my opinion, i think that windows 10 will be the greatest operating system that Microsoft ever releases, given that it won't be very glitch day one. I also think that many cool things are going to come out that will make the experience of PC better as well as giving the "console experience" to PC players. (there's not much to be seen about console) I have mixed feelings about the cross platform feature, I'd like to hypothesize that you can make it preferred that you want to play with PC players only or console players only, a mixed lobby could be cool. I'm personally interested to see how they are going to balance that PC players will gain playing with a mouse and keyboard rather than a controller, which obviously gives you limited mobility.
BLACK OPS 3?!?!?!

So, its kind of obvious that Black ops 3 will be windows 10 compatible, but i want your guys opinion on if you think that the cross platform play will be a good idea on a Call of Duty game. I think the advantage for PC players may be too high. It is however confirmed that windows 10 does allow developers to make games cross-platform from PC to Xbox one. Do you guys think it will happen? I'd personally enjoy it but I'm curious to see what you guys think on the subject. Will you be able to buy your games on steam and play them on Xbox one!?!? Who knows, i can't wait the anticipation is killing me!

PC MASTER RACE

I'm excited for win 10 because its a better version of win 7. but /g/ doesnt approve of win 10 :troll:. Cross platform i dont really care about and cortana i dont give a shit about and thats about it bois.

PC MASTER RACE FOR EVER. HOW CAN THEY CROSS US WITH THE DIRTY PEASANTS

Don't think cross platform is a great idea, unless it gets added to games where no aiming is invovled. Would also work great in coop, for example zombies

Also, like i already said on your status update, bo3 probably won't have cross-platform support: 

e3b1958174e490d0edce7cb620abd70f.png

tbh i don't really care about windows 10

The only real reason why I'll go over to win10 is because win7 doesn't get updated anymore and won't have dx12 support.

However, it looks pretty good from the images, haven't checked the stuff that's new in win10

Only Linux! :angryarnold:

(message sent from Windows PC :troll:)

at least ill get rid of my win 8.1 volume licence key by upgrading to win10 :troll: not to mention i get the pro version :angryarnold: MWHAHHAHAHAHA!!

Since I am a filthy dirty little console peasant I'm excited about being able to play my xbone games on my pc

I hope many games will get the cross-platform compatibility, I have tons of irl friends with Xbox ones.

I hope many games will get the cross-platform compatibility, I have tons of irl friends with Xbox ones.

Unfortunately, I doubt it will happen for big PC games due to the poor ports and lack of support for PC.

Unfortunately, I doubt it will happen for big PC games due to the poor ports and lack of support for PC.

DX 12 will make porting better :)

DX 12 will make porting better :)

Hell no.. faster != easier to use

Hell no.. faster != easier to use

buuuuuuut faster DOES mean there is an improvement which means betterment. 

Windows 10 is a mix of Windows 8.1 and 7 so that means Windows 10 is fablous

haters gonna hate :dave:

Windows 10 is a mix of Windows 8.1 and 7 so that means Windows 10 is fablous

haters gonna hate :dave:

Fablous? English pls

I'll probably get Windows 10 cus, well, I like having the latest everything tbh xD

havent formatted my pc in a long time, would be a good time to upgrade to a new o/s 

If it means I get a free ugrade from a pirated copy of W7 then by all means, it also helps it doesn't look like complete horseshit.

You don't get a free upgrade from pirated copy unless you're lucky.

Shame

I have a cracked key ready for my new PC, so I doubt I can upgrade to Win10

As long as bo3 is compatible and works good on Win7, I'll be fine

Just got Windows 10 (The version just before release, don't worry, this comes with the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro once fully released :>)

Initial thoughts are good, basically Windows 7 with a modified start button and easier access to Account/System files.

The task view is pretty cool, adding new desktop is great if you only have one monitor, however if you have more then I don't see the point of it, but it's a nice idea tbh as not many people have dual/triple monitor set-ups.

I'm installing the full release now. I have an ISO if anyone wants it.

those with win 7 or 8 must UPGRADE in order to get the product key converted to a win 10 key, only after that you can clean install 

those with win 7 or 8 must UPGRADE in order to get the product key converted to a win 10 key, only after that you can clean install 

Not sure how true that is. I was a cracked win7 user and used the app here to upgrade (note it's an official Microsoft download). Selected the option to save no files and as of now i'm on a legitimate windows 10. Whether or not I am eventually stripped of being a "genuine" windows 10 user in the future isn't really a big issue for me either. Worst case scenario I just reinstall windows 7 at that point

Not sure how true that is. I was a cracked win7 user and used the app here to upgrade (note it's an official Microsoft download). Selected the option to save no files and as of now i'm on a legitimate windows 10. Whether or not I am eventually stripped of being a "genuine" windows 10 user in the future isn't really a big issue for me either. Worst case scenario I just reinstall windows 7 at that point

yes, you can UPGRADE with that tool instead of windows update, but you CANNOT install ISO straight away (download win10 iso and make bootable USB/DVD and just wipe win7/8 installation)

at least on m$ finnish site it states you MUST use the upgrade or have an existing win7/8 installation on the hard drive before you can clean install win10:

Olet päivittänyt Windows 10:ksi, mutta tietokoneessa ei ollut asennettuna aiempaa tai oikeaa Windows-versiota (virhe 0xC004F061).

Jos virhe 0xC004F061 tulee näkyviin yrittäessäsi aktivoida Windows 10:tä, syynä on jokin seuraavista:

• Olet päivittämässä Windows 10:ksi tuoteavaimen avulla, mutta tietokoneessasi ei ole asennettuna Windowsin aiempaa versiota. Jotta voit päivittää Windows 10:ksi, tietokoneessa on jo oltava asennettuna Windows 8 tai Windows 7.

Jos alustit tai vaihdoit kiintolevyasemasi, et voi päivittää Windows 10:ksi tuoteavaimen avulla. Sinun on asennettava Windowsin aiempi versio ja asennettava sitten Windows 10 uudelleen.

"you are upgrading to windows 10 with product key, but there is no previous version of windows installed to your computer. in order to upgrade to windows 10, you must have an existing installation of windows 8 or windows 7 on your computer."

"if you formatted your hard drive, you cannot upgrade to windows 10 using only the product key. you must install a previous version of windows and then re install windows 10"

1ebf4f4a7302c2198b8c5cbfb4854cfd.png

nice try this shit not loading man 
i already wait now 2 hours and this shit still going.