Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheLixfe

[WIP] mp_dr_urban

14 posts in this topic

Heya! I had this idea of doing a weekend map with someone. I asked Phelix if he would be the right man to it. He wanted to try it with me, but we started it at Tuesday :P . Now we've been doing it for week and half, when we have had time. The mapping part is done and now what's left is scripting, adding some lights and adding fx. We asked ourselves what should the theme be? I went to google and searched for pattern. I found circular pic and thought about circular map, then it somehow ended up being in a abandoned carpark :lol:  Phelix made the style for the map by making the first trap area, and I made the rest. Phelix is starting to script it, because he's pro and I'm noob at scripting xD. I feel like I'm in love with the detailed maps  :wub: .

•  
  • Author - TheLixfe, Phelix
  •  
  • Map name: mp_dr_urban
  •  
  • Traps: 7 for now
  •  
  • End rooms: Sniper, Ak-47, knife, deagle, old
  •  
  • Difficulty: Easy
  •  
  • Map size: Short-medium
  •  
  • Secrets/Shortcuts: Weapon secret
  •  
  • *UPDATED* Images below
  •  

// Side view of the map 2d6365e022eaca7e051931995428f155.jpg

// First part of the mapce5b72952eb61059cb7c6640aa4fc34d.jpg

// Round-about trap [WIP] 23bcd4c93494f9141eb78b881640f962.jpg

// Knife room 446d505c348b0cc872e3ec6cd924e70c.jpg

// Weapon room be57a06ce71a65d1ef963b91876a6d86.jpg

// End jumper path c1491d866643a01584dcac7b471ee759.jpg

Started off as a general carpark, thought it'd be better to form traps and give the map a better route if we'd to make it urban(ish). Maybe a little extreme in terms of broken/abandoned but it allowed us to implement that parkour aspect and traps. 

As mentioned this only took a week and half, i've been out a lot throughout the week so didn't have much time to map, gave TheLixfe basic models and whatnot and general ideas to give it that theme. He did the majority of the mapping, my initial input was helping with the detailing and ideas (graffiti, trap ideas, models etc.) so credit to him :)

Nice @TheLixfe glad you finnaly finished it hope it gets added looks pretty cool imo :)!

You know what WIP means? xD Did you even read the whole text xD 

You know what WIP means? xD Did you even read the whole text xD 

Shit thought this was in the map suggestions section 

:facepalm:  

EDIT: and yeah i did read the whole text just thought it's the map u were telling me about xdd

Looks pretty awesome already, keep up the good work TheLixfe and Phelix!!

-Speedex

It looks okay, I would say maybe focus on the lighting to build up the atmosphere a bit more and try to take advantage of alpha blending and decals a tad more.

Don't take this the wrong way, I like it and am trying to help you make it even better.

It looks okay, I would say maybe focus on the lighting to build up the atmosphere a bit more and try to take advantage of alpha blending and decals a tad more.

Don't take this the wrong way, I like it and am trying to help you make it even better.

This 100%

Brushes/the map looks great though it's all muddy in terms of colour and lighting would fix that.

Plus alpha blending and decals as sentrex said would add more depth and make it look a lot better.

Also I dislike how the fences are just perfectly straight and all bending in a diagonal of the path for the players.

Great map though nice job :D

More images - Admin can you update thread with these images if possibru? biggrin.png or @@TheLixfe when uz online!

// Side view of the map
2d6365e022eaca7e051931995428f155.jpg

// First part of the map
ce5b72952eb61059cb7c6640aa4fc34d.jpg

// Round-about trap [WIP]
23bcd4c93494f9141eb78b881640f962.jpg

// Knife room
446d505c348b0cc872e3ec6cd924e70c.jpg

// Weapon room
be57a06ce71a65d1ef963b91876a6d86.jpg

// End jumper path
c1491d866643a01584dcac7b471ee759.jpg

The map is close to finishing in terms of mapping, there is still a little more that needs to be done - Mainly adding bit more decals however I'm happy with the outcome. If you were to total the mapping time, you'd be looking at 4-5 days of work in total, as we stated we started the map at Tuesday and I've had a busy week so. Maybe by the end of today we will have a map with working traps and hopefully do some testing :)

We've taken care of that part, added some decals and more lights :)