Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rex109

[Release] mp_dr_mech

37 posts in this topic

fix the rainbow hands and the red reflection please

fix the rainbow hands and the red reflection please

Did i need necessary to fix that bugs or i can fix it in another version of the map? (like mp_dr_mechv2)

Because now i don't have so much time  :(

why do you need to make a version 2 for bug fixes? having new versions normally mean whole new things to the map not bug fixes.

why do you need to make a version 2 for bug fixes? having new versions normally mean whole new things to the map not bug fixes.

I know I know, but now, in these days, i don't have so much time to fix that bugs, can i just leave it so? If i can't i try to take some time fast as i can

(sorry for the bad eng)

great stuff, I love originality in the deathrun community!

;)

@@Rex109

That was sarcastic if u didn't know :dave:

I know I know, but now, in these days, i don't have so much time to fix that bugs, can i just leave it so? If i can't i try to take some time fast as i can

(sorry for the bad eng)

it takes longer to rename a mapfile name and recompile the whole thing to fix bugs than it is to just fix the bugs compile and re-upload. Also having two version of the exact same map will confuse server owners more than anyone. It's easiser for you, people that play your map and server owners if you just fix the bugs and upload it with the same name like everyone else.

So if you want it to be quick you should go with what I say.

Also from my experience, don't map rush if you don't have that much time or you don't like to put alot of effort for a map, otherwise you will have a rushed map like this one, with same walls, same floors. Basically a map made in 2 days if u didn't had time, or 1 day when alot of free time.

Sorry for being a cunt but this will help u :)

it takes longer to rename a mapfile name and recompile the whole thing to fix bugs than it is to just fix the bugs compile and re-upload. Also having two version of the exact same map will confuse server owners more than anyone. It's easiser for you, people that play your map and server owners if you just fix the bugs and upload it with the same name like everyone else.

Ok, i will delete the download and fix these bugs now, it is so difficult for me for fixing bugs now, but i want a perfect map, i will fix these bugs right now. Let me get some time (1 hour min).

Also from my experience, don't map rush if you don't have that much time or you don't like to put alot of effort for a map, otherwise you will have a rushed map like this one, with same walls, same floors. Basically a map made in 2 days if u didn't had time, or 1 day when alot of free time.

Sorry for being a cunt but this will help u  :)

Yeah, i know, but it was my first map, and i was trying to make a simple map, not like mp_dr_flow, ty anyways for the suggestion

it will take literally 5 minutes to add a lightgrid, reflection probe(s) and then recompile.

Sorry about my sarcastic comment earlier, obviously everyone has to start somewhere but it's just there are a lot of maps already that are packed with bounces, misused textures and little detail. Nevertheless, the map probably has better scripting then I could produce so, you got it going there :)

Okay, let's dive into this!

First of all thanks for keeping deathrun mapping alive, it's good to see that people are actually still active in this community, now that I've got that out of the way let's begin

The map is a good start for deathrun mapping however, before you release a map I would of highly suggested bug testing the entire thing so that way people can report back bugs and you can a non-broken release, even if you can think you can't fix simple things, just ask around of forums and I'm pretty sure you will get an answer somewhere or another, but when it comes to rainbow hands, it seems that you don't know how to fix them, it's actually relatively simple (EDIT: Ahh okay)

Radiant > Textures > Usage > Tools > Lightgrid Volumeca5ade281bce4e7556d2c0e68b3a011c.gif

Anyway, moving on. When making a deathrun map you need a mix of interesting & fun, so keep that in mind if you continue on making on maps. So next time perhaps try to add some models into your map. It can make a big difference when you can have a few models just lying around making the space look full and not just empty, and also perhaps you could try having a mess with terrain, making certain parts of the map not just square and flat, but different perhaps

Wait... it makes a little difference,

4e3db7bac27163d266f3bc3f8044262e.gif

This is all that i basically have to say, if you wanna take my shitty tips into consideration then feel free, but be sure to check out our lord and savior @Darmuh's post about how to make a great deathrun map

http://www.moddb.com/mods/braxs-death-run-mod/tutorials/darmuhs-guide-to-creating-a-good-deathrun-map-from-braxiorg

Mini TL;DR Keep at it and you'll come out with something great

it will take literally 5 minutes to add a lightgrid, reflection probe(s) and then recompile.

Sorry about my sarcastic comment earlier, obviously everyone has to start somewhere but it's just there are a lot of maps already that are packed with bounces, misused textures and little detail. Nevertheless, the map probably has better scripting then I could produce so, you got it going there :)

I need 1 hour cuz i don't have so much time

First of all thanks for keeping deathrun mapping alive, it's good to see that people are actually still active in this community, now that I've got that out of the way let's begin

The map is a good start for deathrun mapping however, before you release a map I would of highly suggested bug testing the entire thing so that way people can report back bugs and you can a non-broken release, even if you can think you can't fix simple things, just ask around of forums and I'm pretty sure you will get an answer somewhere or another, but when it comes to rainbow hands, it seems that you don't know how to fix them, it's actually relatively simple

Radiant > Textures > Usage > Tools > Lightgrid Volumeca5ade281bce4e7556d2c0e68b3a011c.gif

Anyway, moving on. When making a deathrun map you need a mix of interesting & fun, so keep that in mind if you continue on making on maps. So next time perhaps try to add some models into your map. It can make a big difference when you can have a few models just lying around making the space look full and not just empty, and also perhaps you could try having a mess with terrain, making certain parts of the map not just square and flat, but different perhaps

This is all that i basically have to say, if you wanna take my shitty tips into consideration then feel free, but be sure to check out our lord and savior @Darmuh's post about how to make a great deathrun map

http://www.moddb.com/mods/braxs-death-run-mod/tutorials/darmuhs-guide-to-creating-a-good-deathrun-map-from-braxiorg

I have arleady fixed rainbow hands, i'm actually searching a fix for the red reflection, thx anyway

Ok i actually fixed all the bugs, but the map is too dark i need to add some lights. Hold on

Ok i'm uploading the file, it takes some time, my connection speed is bad. Did i need to change the screenshots too?

(i'm actually loving the redish effect on the load screen, i will do not change that)

If you want to update the screen shot feel free to do so, it gives server owners and players an idea of what your map look like and having the rainbow hands and the red reflection gone it will make your screen shots look better :)

If you want to update the screen shot feel free to do so, it gives server owners and players an idea of what your map look like and having the rainbow hands and the red reflection gone it will make your screen shots look better :)

The map is a good start for deathrun mapping however, before you release a map I would of highly suggested bug testing the entire thing so that way people can report back bugs and you can a non-broken release, even if you can think you can't fix simple things, just ask around of forums and I'm pretty sure you will get an answer somewhere or another, but when it comes to rainbow hands, it seems that you don't know how to fix them, it's actually relatively simple (EDIT: Ahh okay)

Mini TL;DR Keep at it and you'll come out with something great

Sorry for being a cunt but this will help u :)

BUMP! Download and screenshots fixed! Thank you all guys to helped me to fix the bugs, i hope you like the fixed version of the map, what you guys think? Do you like it?

The map is okay for a first one(but you have a loadscreen for your first map which is very good as other first time mappers dont even care about such things), only there are some things you should keep in mind if you ever gonna map a other map.

-Some jumps are/nearly impossible with the standard player speed.

-Make it a bit more obvious if a wall is a ladder or not. Just making a brush with a green metal texture doesnt make me inmediatly think its a ladder.

-For activating, just dont make only a trigger which activate the trap, make some kind of structure/xmodel to make clear if there something to activate.

-Please use more different textures!

I hope you take these points in consideration when making a other map.

-Speedex

For what it is, it's a lot better.

The map is okay for a first one(but you have a loadscreen for your first map which is very good as other first time mappers dont even care about such things), only there are some things you should keep in mind if you ever gonna map a other map.

-Some jumps are/nearly impossible with the standard player speed.

-Make it a bit more obvious if a wall is a ladder or not. Just making a brush with a green metal texture doesnt make me inmediatly think its a ladder.

-For activating, just dont make only a trigger which activate the trap, make some kind of structure/xmodel to make clear if there something to activate.

-Please use more different textures!

I hope you take these points in consideration when making a other map.

-Speedex

Thank you all guys! I need to read most feedbacks as i can, bad or not, all the suggestion are accepted too. I NEED TO KNOW what players don't like and like so in the most of cases i will make a better lovable thing :)

There's not a single place on the map where I don't get 1000 fps, not one place. that should say enough :P Also,the last trap on the map doesn't go out far enough to actually push someone off.. so the question is, did you not test it or did you just want that trap to be completely ineffective? I've tried 4-5 times just sprinting straight and i honestly can't die when not trying to avoid it :P

There's not a single place on the map where I don't get 1000 fps, not one place. that should say enough :P Also,the last trap on the map doesn't go out far enough to actually push someone off.. so the question is, did you not test it or did you just want that trap to be completely ineffective? I've tried 4-5 times just sprinting straight and i honestly can't die when not trying to avoid it :P

I know, but if i increase the speed the trap just won't work.