Twix

Please remove PeZBots from CombinedOps

51 posts in this topic

well it's your choice to do a fun-ruining exploit :dumb:

Anyway, if you want an empty server, go and make a private match :>

I'd rather play with the other people who go to that server, and I don't think anyone else would appreciate me stealing away those people that play there.

With bots, it brings a balance between Human and bot's, Sure sometimes you get BS death's we're you think "BOTS HAVE AIMBOT!" But facing bots can also be difficult at times thats where it brings the balance between human and bots

With bots, it brings a balance between Human and bot's, Sure sometimes you get BS death's we're you think "BOTS HAVE AIMBOT!" But facing bots can also be difficult at times thats where it brings the balance between human and bots

I don't disagree with that, but...they're just not necessary. If the exploit can be fixed, I'm sure just an option to turn them off or on would suffice as well, like with a vote. Either way, whatever works for owners and staff.

While I understand that it may be in your interest to play with actual people, bots are used when there are no players in the server. When there are no players in the server,  bots will be on because it will be very boring if no one is there, and you can do nothing.  If our combined ops server was popular, like our fun server, then we would not use bots. This is my view on the bots, I'm not sure about others.

For real haha 

While I understand that it may be in your interest to play with actual people, bots are used when there are no players in the server. When there are no players in the server,  bots will be on because it will be very boring if no one is there, and you can do nothing.  If our combined ops server was popular, like our fun server, then we would not use bots. This is my view on the bots, I'm not sure about others.

this, 100% agree

If the popularity of the CO server was as popular as tdm then bots wouldnt be used, but they need to be for those who do play it.

-Purity

We cannot fix this exploit unless you tell us how you manage to do it.

Do it like in CS:GO, add 5 bots per team and make human players replace them.

ie. when I join a side one bot gets removed and I take his spot.

that's what I was trying to do back when I was working on it.

Been busy and have been working on other stuff and sort of forgot about it.

I sent darmuh a script for this ages ago :P

edit: he posted it a few seconds before me :(

I sent darmuh a script for this ages ago :P

edit: he posted it a few seconds before me :(

yur script didnt work m8

We cannot fix this exploit unless you tell us how you manage to do it.

Sent to NNJ earlier.

I completely understand why you use bots in the server, but the problem is it makes the server less attractive to the players (reason for lack of players in my experience) playing with bots makes the game less challenging and unplayable due the the bots glitch out of the maps. Running from spawn to spawn looking for free xp is not ideal gameplay in my opinion! it would be nice if you at least consider removing them.

-Scumbag 

I completely understand why you use bots in the server, but the problem is it makes the server less attractive to the players (reason for lack of players in my experience) playing with bots makes the game less challenging and unplayable due the the bots glitch out of the maps. Running from spawn to spawn looking for free xp is not ideal gameplay in my opinion! it would be nice if you at least consider removing them.

-Scumbag 

We have in the past but decided to keep them on as the playerbase just isn't big enough.

-Scumbag 

But what will happen when there are only 2 or 3 players playing? You will spend 5 minutes looking for each other  :lol:

I'd like to add to the original complaint in saying: I found out about your server a few weeks ago and got hyped when i saw what the mod entailed. (My PC is too old to run newer cods) However the bots put me and all my friends totally off the server. They are a cause of constant annoying and unnecessary deaths.

Furthermore, every "human" on the server whilst I'm playing complain and ultimately leave the server because of the bots. I also understand that it is one of very few or even the only server currently online on CoD4 that uses bots. Im sure i speak on the behalf of many more people by saying that when i see an empty server I will get a friend and 1v1 them. ie: and empty server isnt the end of the world. Don't give me the usual reply to this comment as I know of many people who can't make a private match.

In the end it is your choice but i honestly feel you are caring more about potential players on the server rather than the active, current players.

As a side note: I was wondering if it is possible to bring the ballista back?

Thank you for your time and my fingers are very painful now!

I'd like to add to the original complaint in saying: I found out about your server a few weeks ago and got hyped when i saw what the mod entailed. (My PC is too old to run newer cods) However the bots put me and all my friends totally off the server. They are a cause of constant annoying and unnecessary deaths.

Furthermore, every "human" on the server whilst I'm playing complain and ultimately leave the server because of the bots. I also understand that it is one of very few or even the only server currently online on CoD4 that uses bots. Im sure i speak on the behalf of many more people by saying that when i see an empty server I will get a friend and 1v1 them. ie: and empty server isnt the end of the world. Don't give me the usual reply to this comment as I know of many people who can't make a private match.

In the end it is your choice but i honestly feel you are caring more about potential players on the server rather than the active, current players.

As a side note: I was wondering if it is possible to bring the ballista back?

Thank you for your time and my fingers are very painful now!

Hola

The pezbot mod itself was and still is far from perfect

Reason behind the bots is so if one or two players join, they wouldn't be alone just doing nothing

While I agree that the bots do have some unfair kills and shoot where you are most of the time, it makes for more challenging gameplay 

Anyways, do understand where you are coming from and perhaps could be compromised 

Not sure if the script/mod part of it has been worked on, but a system where if there's 3 or more players being able to vote if they want pezbots or not in the game seems reasonable

Anyways, for your fingers, hope they feel better (?) and try not to type so hard ;)

Could you reply to the other counterpart of my message? Is there any possibilty of bringing the ballista back as well as some "fresh" custom/newer CoD maps?

I quote my friend "bots should be removed because the experience is ruined by these ai controlled players and its not a very good first take on this mod, sure its great for new comers but its quite annoying to join what you thought was a game of players, but instead its a game of stupid bots"

I quote my friend "bots should be removed because the experience is ruined by these ai controlled players and its not a very good first take on this mod, sure its great for new comers but its quite annoying to join what you thought was a game of players, but instead its a game of stupid bots"

Well, you can just click server info and see the names of players/bots inside

As much as I respect your response, I cant help but feel you are ignoring the inevitable fact that Pezbots are ruining the experience on one of YOUR servers. I thoroughly enjoy playing there along with my friends but removing the bots would make it that much better!

And one last time: is there any chance of bringing the ballista back because it is awesome!

Thank you once again.

PS: I made sure to type softly this time, thx

As much as I respect your response, I cant help but feel you are ignoring the inevitable fact that Pezbots are ruining the experience on one of YOUR servers. I thoroughly enjoy playing there along with my friends but removing the bots would make it that much better!

And one last time: is there any chance of bringing the ballista back because it is awesome!

Thank you once again.

PS: I made sure to type softly this time, thx

Hi, I believe Anti has spoken for us enough.

You say that pezbots ruin the player experience, but that is an opinion. Some players actually enjoy the bots as it gives them more players to "feed

on. I have heard this and your opinion on multiple occasions.

So what does that leave me to do but find a way to compromise?

I have been working on making bots a bit more dynamic as a side project in my spare time. I plan on them behaving much like csgo bots in that they replace missing players and when a player joins they will be removed. Of course, this has yet to be achieved but it is planned for the future.

To answer your second question, we do not have the mod source and therefore can not add and remove weapons as we please. If you have read on moddb, moka is a very fiesty personality and takes little care to suggestions or comments unless they are pure encouragement. With this being said, I've worked with him in the past and have a newer version of CO than the one being ran on the server. The problem is, it is very unstable. Perhaps in the future i'll run the newest version I have on the server, but for the meantime I must use the most stable version in order to prevent server crashes/downtime.

And to further speak on bots, we want to promote a playable atmosphere for our players. If no one is there and a player joins a game of bots, he can play with bots and enjoy himself. If we were to completely remove bots that player would not be able to play by himself.

Also, I do plan on working on adding a few more maps with pezbot support. I just have to make sure they'll work with the current version of CO running on our server.

First off thank you for your lengthy response as I really do appreciate it. My argument was an opinion based off of facts I had collected whilst playing on your server, therefore, I can refer to them as indirect "facts". Many, many people complained about the bots during their experience on your server and asked if anyone could remove them so I am not speaking for myself here.

If your decision to merely "improve" the bots not actually remove them is final, I am afraid to say RaidGaming has lost my as well as my friends support, although from what I've seen so far, you probably don't care.

I tried my best to accept your attempts to make it sound like you were actually caring about what I said but couldn't help but feel annoyed by your subjective manner.

I'm sorry I have to leave being the respectful and "I give a damn" person but I was only trying to help you realise that bots was the wrong way to go.

Good bye