Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xenon

where i have gone :(

37 posts in this topic

so ... for those who don't know , about 2 months ago my psu started to die and i couldn't play many games without my psu making wierd noises and almost blowing up. So i went to get it fixed , 3 days later the people who where fixing said there was an issue with detecting my hard drives ( i have 2 , my old one and my new one ) the new one is the one with ALL my mapping stuff and games..... so i took it home and tried to fix it , later realising that the harddrive was no spinning AKA  it was not making any noise , so yeah its fucked basically .

my brother is an engineer for a security company who install alarm systems on houses and businesses and security cameras etc ... and they have a server man who does all there servers and computer side shizzz ( his name is tim ) i basically took my whole pc to him and made him have a look he later told me that my pc HAD BEEN DROPPED when it was in the hands of the people who were fixing it .. and that my harddrive had broke ( also my cd drive and gpu are broke ) 1 of the 2 fans on the gpu are not spinning up .. so i said okay but can you fix the hardrive , he said he would take a look and get back to me .

SO a whole month goes by and he finally gets back saying he had ordered all sorts of parts trying to fix my harddrive he knew it meant alot to me as i was furious about it and had broke my hand by punching my bedroom wall after hearing the news they had fucked my pc , he said the worst and that the hardrive is FUCKED and it's not recoverable :/ so im not sure if i will return to pc gaming guys :( .... it fucking sucks sooo much ... i just dont have the money to fix my pc right now .. i need like £400 + to replace everything and i simply don't have that .

Im so fucking mad over it all , i will be on the forums and TS from today onwards as i have a laptop now ... my pc has been sat on my bed alone for a month now :( i know it sounds sad but it literally has ruined everything to do with me and pc gaming .. im sorry guys , i hope i will be back to it soon <3 love you all  

Damn dude that sucks.... have you confronted the people who were "fixing" your pc about dropping it?

TL;DR PC broke, tried to get it repaired, repair people did fuck all, repairing/getting a new computer is too expensive.

That seriously blows, sorry to hear that. And hello btw.

<3 Well goodluck, and I'm sorry to here that..

I had the same problem one time, my freaking power supply caught on fire and ruined most of my shit, so i know how it feels.

See you soon. :3

If you can prove that they did drop and break your PC you can probably get some money off them through a small claims court (I think its called that)

i've already got proof it was in there hands at the time , i signed a piece of paper and it has the date and time i gave it too them and it was working fine 10 mins before because i have xfire convo's from 10 mins before i dropped it off at the pc place . so yeah i might take it to court .... 

i think i will just wipe my old harddrive also and start completly fresh with everything , i know it sucks that i have lost all my maps ( including lost ) but i can't quit because of that :(

Don't you have any downloads of the map file anywhere? I remember when I got a new pc I was able to find the .map in a mediafire link, maybeh get a USB and back the maps on there next time? Sad to hear it tho:(

i've already got proof it was in there hands at the time , i signed a piece of paper and it has the date and time i gave it too them and it was working fine 10 mins before because i have xfire convo's from 10 mins before i dropped it off at the pc place . so yeah i might take it to court .... 

Just saying, xfire logs are very easy to fake. Not sure how the court system works over there but I'd go for something more well known to prove the computer was working.

Over all, sounds like just an absolutely terrible situation and it honestly sucks to hear about it. Was looking forward to your multiple WIPs but I assume you hadnt backed anything up so those will likely never see the light of day.

Hope everything works out for ya

Very sorry to hear that this happened

After football season (American), will be taking up on a moving company job

No promises yet, but wouldn't mind saving up on the side ;)

Hope everything works out for you

Sorry to hear that Xenon, I hope everything turns out fine

Xenon, I have an idea :D we should create a paypal in your name, and then everyone will donate! :3

But being serious, I think the people who had dropped it in the first place should pay for a new one, you should definitely take it to court. I do feel quite sorry for you, if this had happened to my pc, I would've literally gone over there and beat the crap out of the person who did it (bit extreme but hay ho)

Xenon, I have an idea :D we should create a paypal in your name, and then everyone will donate! :3 But being serious, I think the people who had dropped it in the first place should pay for a new one, you should definitely take it to court. I do feel quite sorry for you, if this had happened to my pc, I would've literally gone over there and beat the crap out of the person who did it (bit extreme but hay ho)

They should def pay for the damage. They did it afterall. Its like going to a store and breaking something and not paying for it.

XENON!!! WHY!?!?!?! :ANGRYARNOLD: :ANGRYARNOLD: :ANGRYARNOLD: :ANGRYARNOLD: :ANGRYARNOLD: :ANGRYARNOLD: :ANGRYARNOLD: :ANGRYARNOLD: :ANGRYARNOLD: :ANGRYARNOLD:

To get data from your HDD I would try to buy EXACTLY THE SAME MODEL OF THAT HDD, and replace controller PCB in your broken hdd with new one (it's held by just 4 screws, no cables to attach/detach). It worked in my case and I've been able to recover my maps and mods, and if it doesn't then you'll at least have HDD.

If your mobo didn't break and you have your cpu (which is damn hard to break anyway) then get temporary psu, gpu and a hdd which should just work for now. Cheapest DX11 GPU that is capable of playing newer games:

ATI HD 5670 (512MB GDDR5 128BIT, 650MHz, DX11) - 39$ | 28 - Should be  enough to handle CoD4 @ 1080p @ 125FPS

Hope to see ya takin' part in #PCMasterRace soon!

To get data from your HDD I would try to buy EXACTLY THE SAME MODEL OF THAT HDD, and replace controller PCB in your broken hdd with new one (it's held by just 4 screws, no cables to attach/detach). It worked in my case and I've been able to recover my maps and mods, and if it doesn't then you'll at least have HDD.

If your mobo didn't break and you have your cpu (which is damn hard to break anyway) then get temporary psu, gpu and a hdd which should just work for now. Cheapest DX11 GPU that is capable of playing newer games:

ATI HD 5670 (512MB GDDR5 128BIT, 650MHz, DX11) - 39$ | 28€ - Should be  enough to handle CoD4 @ 1080p @ 125FPS

Hope to see ya takin' part in #PCMasterRace soon!

BraXi to the rescue! :ohyeah:

Well Xenon what you experience with your computer (HDD) damage happened to our server two years ago. And I created most of the stuff on the server only through remote control. So I had no local backups at home. The server hoster also provided us backup space onto a sftp server.

One day the server has stopped. (The backup on the backup server was at that time 3-4 months old.)

So well I called the support. Support told me servers HDD stopped working. The support did delete my rented server which had tied the backup space to it.

Well here happened what you can't imagine: They also erased the backups we had :S

Can you imagine how I did feel about this ? I did also really think about to stop IceOps in that moment. So well I had really to build up everything from scratch then. The only thing which did survive was the state of CoD4X because I did develop it on my local computer. Also the playerbase got not erased due to a faulty harddisk.

So well we are still alive nowadays.

I know it is hard but over time things getting settled.

well , braxi the second guy who tried to fix it ( The server guy over at my brothers work ) and he said he had tried all of that and it didn't work :( so yeah ... i've ordered a new harddrive and a new cdplayer so i should be back onto my pc soon guys <3 fresh start hey !

This is when I when I wish I was a billionaire (._. ) 

"Oh hey, here's all the things you need. Oh, have some compensation for the lost work why not" *dishes out several thousand pounds*

I don't know how you deal with it, very unfortunate... Always good feelings when you start fresh! gl man :)

Wish u the best of luck, PC gaming is life. 

However, if u cant get a claim or some money then it does leave u with the choice of getting a job (if u dont have one already) and paying for a new, better pc or parts? 

I took a break from PC gaming a while back and it was vv.good to get out of it and do new things etc but i did miss it a lot and ended up coming back, so i feel ur pain :3

good luck m8

WE should rob them  :ph34r: Jk if you really need money selling drugs is always an option ;)  -This is why you don't get tips from ghost  :troll:  :dumb: