Kratos

Why did you download/buy CoD4?

64 posts in this topic

Still think have the best story of how got Cod4 :troll:

Nah, I like the longer stories :troll:

I started playing on the PS3 when my dad's friend started exagerating how you can snipe people from far distances and things. This is when I didn't know PS Network was in existence.

After setting it all up, I managed to play a few games online, including CoD4. I no-lifed that game like a little bitch. I was known for tanning that game too much. I'd race through prestiges. I also loved doing glitches xD

Around 2-3 years ago, I downloaded CoD4 (Forgot why)... it was the first day I got my computer, and my cousin was with me. We both knew CoD4 was a great game so I downloaded it. We went through maps, I remember playing the snow version of crash first huehue. Then I researched how to play online, found Deathrun (FNRP) and played that. I must say, I did meet some awesome people back in the day, when I enjoyed it at FNRP. I played it loads, then finally gained member. I then progressed through to admin and FNRP developer (I didn't really know anything, but I was in as developer to mainly learn)

I also got inpsired to map when I heard it was possible... I thought all Deathrun maps were made by infinity ward and the credits like "Map made by: name" were staff of infinity ward; until I was told different.

I must say, it's been great meeting everyone in this Deathrun community. Without it, I don't think I would have ever got into scripting, mapping etc. It has helped me a lot in programming too, as I understand languages at College a lot more when I learn them, just because I scripted a few Deathrun things; nothing insane, mostly scrapped WIP's.

It's amazing how one community can help you so much further your career in real life, plus you meet awesome people on here too xD

TL;DR: I downloaded cod4, joined a clan, learned to script and shit, and it's helped me through college.

So yeah, I owe a huge thanks to several people... Anyone who has helped me a lot including:

Lossy

Darmuh

Xenon

Sentrex

Slaya

FNRP-Sphere

FNRP-DeadMan

Phaedrean

Phelix

Wingzor

|FNRP|C20Dragon

Neo

BraXi

Cat

Beatthat 

Pretty much most of you helpful mofuckers  B)

Huehue livin the cod4 life ey, lol nah that sounds gay, peace ;p

I saw Gawley's videos on Call of Duty 4 Deathrun.

Well I saw Gawley played Deathrun and I got interested to the mod deathrun so I installed cod4

seriously? 2nd topic you bump, 2nd topic you had already replied to on 8th november with the same thing  :angryarnold: WHAT THE FUCK?!?!??!?  :angryarnold:  :angryarnold:  :angryarnold:

My brother downloaded it  and I was like "alright why not?".  (I was playing RTCW at that time)
Then I got addicted but fortunately I'm fine now! :P 

Then you'd spend all day on zombies proving to me you're a girl because i was trolling you :troll:

Stop lying Lossy,after you didn't believe at first the only thing I tried to prove you was me not being my brother,that's all. :D

Stop lying Lossy,after you didn't believe at first the only thing I tried to prove you was me not being my brother,that's all. :D

Wot nu! I only started to say you aren't a girl when i heard you on the mic on #Afterlife server, i didn't even know you and your brother played on #Afterlife together on the same pc/cd key :o

and i kept on doing it because you would sit there for the whole match trying to tell me that you are a girl :(

what nu! I only started to say you aren't a girl when i heard you on the mic on #Afterlife server, i didn't even know you and your brother played on #Afterlife together on the same pc/cd key :o

and i kept on doing it because you would sit there for the whole match trying to tell me that you are a girl :(

Poor Lossy xD

parents bought a new laptop in december 2009 and said that we could install ONE game on it (it was bought for doing school stuff). after long negotiations with my big brothers we decided to get cod4 because we had played cod1, cod2 and cod3 on nintendo gamecube and wii (i never realized until now that "cod: finest hour" was actually cod1 and "big red one" was cod2 :o). welp, since the laptop had some crappy nvidia g210m "gpu", the game ran @ about 40fps, but as it was the FIRST pc (and online) game i had ever played it was just perfect and i didnt even know about such a thing as fps :3 on 18th of this month, exactly 5 years have passed since i first played cod4 :happycry: :happycry:

EDIT: after some more googling it seems that cod: finest hour and big red one had different storylines although based on the pc games

I downloaded cod4 (planing to buy it soon) because one of friends had the game downloaded too (he didnt know whats deathrun). After 3 days playing, i went to youtube and for some reason, i ran into Staab's youtube channel. I saw hes uploading cod4 deathrun. So, i went to GameTracker and searched "Deathrun". The first Deathrun server i entered is raid cuz it was like the map in BO2, Raid (i was pretty adicted to BO2 when i strated playing cod4). I played 4 months without strafe jumping at all, and when did knew how, i was shit. After a while i went to play ESG dr for a long time, and got back to Raid.

So in a way, im over here today because of Staab. @

> was walking around Game store, saw le reduced sales section

> CoD 4

> bough CoD 4

> £5

> Played cod4

> 4-5 approx years later, here i am