Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rescue Fox

Help me Choose

78 posts in this topic

Heyo everyone! So next month I'm going to get a new computer (Finally) and I'm on a slight budget ($800) I'm not gonna build it myself because I know I'm gonna fuck up (probably break a pin on my cpu while putting it in or something retarded like that) So I'm going to have it built. I'm just torn on what I should get, I have found two options and I need to know which one I should get. Also If you find a better computer for the same price please tell me! Thanks for your input!

Option 1:                                                                                             Option 2:

Processor: AMD Athlon X4 760K 3.8GHz (Quad Core)                        Processor: Intel Core I5 4590 3.3GHz (Quad Core)

Motherboard: FM2 Chipset Motherboard                                            Motherboard: MSI H81 Chipset Motherboard             

RAM: 8GB (1x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz                                                      RAM: 8GB (1x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz 

Hard Drive: 1TB 7200 RPM                                                                   Hard Drive: 1TB 7200 RPM

Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 2GB                                     Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2GB

Power Supply: 600 Watt Power Supply                                                Power Supply: 600 Watt Power Supply

OS (Not included in price): Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit           OS (Not included in price): Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

Extras:                                                                                                 Extras:

Networking: Internal Wireless N 150Mbps                                           Networking: Internal Wireless G 54Mbps

Internal Lighting: Green Lighting                                                        Internal Lighting: Green Lighting

Optical Drive: None                                                                             Optical Drive: None

CPU Cooling: Standard Heatsink                                                          CPU Cooling: Standard Heatsink

LOL look at the url, 666

I don't know a lot about hardware but that left one seems like a better value.

Yea, I would go with the left one and I could build your PC for free n_n <3

Yea, I would go with the left one and I could build your PC for free n_n <3

Never trust a dolphin.... or a whale

tumblr_mn51iqrnAE1r4gei2o3_500.gif

tumblr_mn51iqrnAE1r4gei2o4_500.gif

I would go with the right one imo

That amd cpu is pretty bad

That amd cpu is pretty bad

Intel-Core-i5-4590-front.jpg Reasons to consider the

Intel Core i5 4590

Newer manufacturing process 22 nms vs 32 nms A newer manufacturing process allows for a more powerful, yet cooler running processor

Significantly better PassMark (Single core) score 2,141 vs 1,437 Around 50% better PassMark (Single core) score

Better PassMark score 7,299 vs 4,585 Around 60% better PassMark score

AMD-Athlon-X4-760K-front.jpg Reasons to consider the

AMD Athlon X4 760K

Significantly more l2 cache 4 MB vs 1 MB 4x more l2 cache; more data can be stored in the l2 cache for quick access later 

Higher clock speed 3.8 GHz vs 3.3 GHz More than 15% higher clock speed

Much more l2 cache per core 1 MB/core vs 0.25 MB/core 4x more l2 cache per core

Better performance per dollar 6.89 pt/$ vs 6.08 pt/$ Around 15% better performance per dollar

Eh, they both have something they're better at

What siikdUde said the AMD cpu is quite bad. They are not bad at speed etc but they are bad at heatings.

A good AMD CPU needs alot of cooling!

1. They use more energie

2. They need litteraly alot of cooling

I would go for the right side because:

1. Since Intel got a special system in their cpu's is that they use less and less energie

2. They can get very high speeds without being that much hot so that means you don't need a very good cooler to cool your CPU.

And for the rest the specs are exact the same except the videocard, well the videocard is almost the same as the 760

AMD has cores that are significantly weaker. Doesnt matter if the AMD one has higher clock speeds because that cpu still wont be as powerful as Intel's i5. And the 750ti is a tad weaker but dude the right side, its alot better. You could always upgrade ur gpu u know. Also you have lga 1150 mobo so you could always upgrade later to a better haswell cpu.

AMD has cores that are significantly weaker. Doesnt matter if the AMD one has higher clock speeds because that cpu still wont be as powerful as Intel's i5. And the 750ti is a tad weaker but dude the right side, its alot better. You could always upgrade ur gpu u know. Also you have lga 1150 mobo so you could always upgrade later to a better haswell cpu.

We understand each other ^^

*pssst* like my comment D: *psst*

An i3 is better than that AMD cpu and i3's arent even recommended for gaming :dumb:

So how big of a difference would the 2 be performance wise, also I see that the i5 processor is a tad cheaper than the GTX 760, so can I get the left computer and upgrade my processor at a later date?

So how big of a difference would the 2 be performance wise, also I see that the i5 processor is a tad cheaper than the GTX 760, so can I get the left computer and upgrade my processor at a later date?

And no you can't upgrade to a intel CPU if you go to the left side.

Because you have then a AMD socket not a Intel socket.

he means get the intel cpu one and upgrade it later

Ah okay

FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE (Just gonna build myself one, cheaper)

Okay so I just picked some random shit, tell me how it looks

e86eaf23db29d80abe7f8519266858cc.png

5009ddcb7866d0df25de51b85900f4e0.png

b8282332173c452e7e2aa20823d119f6.png

34d1c7b2eb3403cafee15f5d853046b6.png

8fe4bb852c6798b1da34620a34604b3b.png

e9ba9b7fb5825385614db4a443cc555f.png

REKT

dislike cause you asked

f*ck I was going to like but I misclicked.

And yay for building PCs but I'm personally no help there sorry.